Forum upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
SilverFox said:
This feels a bit Chunky...I think I preferred having the avatars to the left hand side of the text rather than above the text. I don't know, It just looks more like a long list now.

Also there are gaps between the posts, whereas before they were all attached...it just feels more clumsy. Other than this its looking good!

I'll see what other styles I can install that will be more to your liking.

You could try using the mobile / PDA style, it's a bit basic but not so chunky!

I agree with your comments though, the previous design was one I preferred, the good thing about this system is it's a lot more customisable by individual users, once I've set up all the options.

SilverFox said:
This feels a bit Chunky...I think I preferred having the avatars to the left hand side of the text rather than above the text.

Avatars should now be back on the left again, I think it looks much better like that. Having them above was the default option and it took me about an hour to work out how to change it!

admin said:
Avatars should now be back on the left again, I think it looks much better like that. Having them above was the default option and it took me about an hour to work out how to change it!

They are and it looks much better, particularly the fine young woman in DF's avatar. :D ;) :)

I tried to copy the smilies across with the import from the old forum, but that didn't work properly. I will get round to fixing it, but it's not the highest thing on my list of things to do at the moment. Currently working on the news links and latest posts links.

admin said:
I tried to copy the smilies across with the import from the old forum, but that didn't work properly. I will get round to fixing it, but it's not the highest thing on my list of things to do at the moment. Currently working on the news links and latest posts links.

.... we appreciate the fine work you are doing. :) :D ;)

very good, are the avatars allowed to be any bigger in size? if so what is the maximum size?

I have made the maximum size for avatars slightly bigger, but I can't remember how big.

You can also add a bigger picture which people will see when they look at your profile.

DurhamFox said:
Webbo, you gonna start posting under 'Admin' all the time now?

No. I'm only using this one at the moment because it's the name I use to access the admin system of the forum, and it's easier to use this name than it is to log out then in again. Once I've got everything set up properly I won't use this name so much.

I was just going to ask why we can't have 20 posts per page.... but then I found it in the UserCP
icon14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59