Four years of Brendan

I can't listen to that shit because it will tip me over.

A load of outsiders who haven't got a ****ing clue about what is going on.
Leicester fan came on and said you should come and watch us the King Power on a regular basis and we should get rid of him, then a Spurs fan came on and said he take him at Spurs tomorrow

Leicester fan came on and said you should come and watch us the King Power on a regular basis and we should get rid of him, then a Spurs fan came on and said he take him at Spurs tomorrow
Are they facilitating this?

So Rodgers tried to illegally tap up Vestergaard in the January window when we ended up panic loaning Ryan Bennett. We even offered Southampton £26m for him.

It is well known that Rodgers was the one that pushed through the Vestergaard deal against the wishes of the recruitment team. It is the key transfer that led to changes in the club structure as it has turned into such an appalling deal.

The idea that Rodgers wanted Vestergaard for that long and then appeared to make his mind up about him after a couple of appearances really shows up a manager that doesn't know what a good fit for the squad is.

In isolation, that doesn't matter. However his determination to get increasingly involved in transfer activity as his authority at the club increased - just like at Liverpool and Celtic - leads inevitably to disasterous signings.

Having said all that. Vestergaard has since been nothing short of absymal in refusing multiple opportunities to leave. To come out and complain after rejecting a transfer a few weeks ago is pretty pathetic.

Wouldn't mind a few others breaking rank and leaking some more stories about him.

So Rodgers tried to illegally tap up Vestergaard in the January window when we ended up panic loaning Ryan Bennett. We even offered Southampton £26m for him.

It is well known that Rodgers was the one that pushed through the Vestergaard deal against the wishes of the recruitment team. It is the key transfer that led to changes in the club structure as it has turned into such an appalling deal.

The idea that Rodgers wanted Vestergaard for that long and then appeared to make his mind up about him after a couple of appearances really shows up a manager that doesn't know what a good fit for the squad is.

In isolation, that doesn't matter. However his determination to get increasingly involved in transfer activity as his authority at the club increased - just like at Liverpool and Celtic - leads inevitably to disasterous signings.

Having said all that. Vestergaard has since been nothing short of absymal in refusing multiple opportunities to leave. To come out and complain after rejecting a transfer a few weeks ago is pretty pathetic.
I'm so confused by this signing.

I've always presumed he was not a Rodgers signing as he never played him.
To find out he pushed for him and was THE reason he signed is just baffling. He's never been a good fit and never was. But to completely freeze him out makes me think there is something else going on. Is there any links to Vestegaard agent to Rodgers son agency?

I'm so confused by this signing.

I've always presumed he was not a Rodgers signing as he never played him.
To find out he pushed for him and was THE reason he signed is just baffling. He's never been a good fit and never was. But to completely freeze him out makes me think there is something else going on. Is there any links to Vestegaard agent to Rodgers son agency?

It has been in interviews that Schmeichel strongly advocated to Rodgers to sign Vestergaard. Rodgers probably just listened to his keeper/captain.

The Percy story the other day said that Schmeichel and Rodgers fell out - maybe the way he treated his close friend didn't go down well.

Similar thoughts have been expressed about the deterioration with Soyuncu after his best friend Under came in and was almost immediately sidelined.

It has been in interviews that Schmeichel strongly advocated to Rodgers to sign Vestergaard. Rodgers probably just listened to his keeper/captain.

The Percy story the other day said that Schmeichel and Rodgers fell out - maybe the way he treated his close friend didn't go down well.

Similar thoughts have been expressed about the deterioration with Soyuncu after his best friend Under came in and was almost immediately sidelined.
As we have a 'Totally Unfounded Transfer Rumours thread', can we turn this one intp to a 'Totally Unfounded Bullshit Rumours' thread?

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it’s quite interesting. From 45 mins till about 55 mins.

Very interesting CF. A lot of praise for Brendan's training, not so much for the personal player management. Was David Cotterill the secret footballer?

How does he still have a job? Stick him on a performance improvement plan.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it’s quite interesting. From 45 mins till about 55 mins.

I'm not saying that aspects of this aren't true, but there's certainly some embellishment.

Cotterill missed two penalties against Norwich and QPR. He still started the next game in the Cup, playing the full 90 mins, but then missed 3 matches before starting again against Middlesbrough. Subsequently he was in and out of the first XI for 2 months before being loaned to Portsmouth.

I'd also argue that BR had a successful season, so who cares if one or two players were side-lined.

Would anyone really care if Vestergaard was sidelined if we were top 8?!

All the above being said, BR's man-management starts to fall apart when results aren't going his way.

1678179632000.png

I'm not saying that aspects of this aren't true, but there's certainly some embellishment.

Cotterill missed two penalties against Norwich and QPR. He still started the next game in the Cup, playing the full 90 mins, but then missed 3 matches before starting again against Middlesbrough. Subsequently he was in and out of the first XI for 2 months before being loaned to Portsmouth.

I'd also argue that BR had a successful season, so who cares if one or two players were side-lined.

Would anyone really care if Vestergaard was sidelined if we were top 8?!

All the above being said, BR's man-management starts to fall apart when results aren't going his way.

View attachment 17514
I don’t think it’s an issue he was dropped. But assigning someone to the scrap heap, making them train with the kids, and doing whatever you can to try to get them to leave isn’t exactly great.

I don’t think it’s an issue he was dropped. But assigning someone to the scrap heap, making them train with the kids, and doing whatever you can to try to get them to leave isn’t exactly great.

We only know one side of the story. Maybe he was being disruptive and causing problems with the first team squad.

He seems to be a bit of a twat..

Happens a fair bit though.

It's commonplace in professional football.

He has to go now. That's it. I'm done with him. Picking Amartey, ignoring Ndidi and Soyuncu. Please get rid Top.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463