Fowler to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MM is shrewd, but wants to state to the fans that he and MA are trying to sign players like Fowler and Saggy, better to hear that than nothing at all :102:.

We still have a chance of Fowler until he signs for somebody, although IMO that somebody is Sydney.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0600...objectid=19462300&siteid=50082-name_page.html

Fowler agrees terms with Bluebirds

Jul 16 2007

by Terry Phillips, South Wales Echo

ROBBIE Fowler has verbally agreed personal terms with Cardiff City – and is closer than ever to signing for the Bluebirds.

The former Liverpool and England striker was flying back from Australia today and is due to hold what it is hoped will be final negotiations with City chairman Peter Ridsdale tomorrow.

Sources close to the player suggest he will not be signing for Sydney United, the club he visited in Australia, and that he has all but ruled out a move to Leicester City.

Instead, Fowler is thought to be keen to work with fellow Scouser Dave Jones at Ninian Park.

Ridsdale will not break the club’s wage structure and Fowler's deal is now believed to be around £10,000 per week plus bonuses based on goals and promotion.

The length of contract offered is likely to be two years.

Ridsdale is ready to fly back from his family holiday in Florida at short notice to tie up the deal, although he has already met both Fowler and his agent, George Scott, and it is possible a deal can be completed by fax and telephone.

The trip back from Australia has taken Fowler 24 hours and City manager Jones is arriving back in Britain from the pre-season tour to Portugal at around 5pm today.

Neither Ridsdale nor Jones would comment today, but both believe a deal is within reach.

City are still keen on Birmingham City’s Rowan Vine, but there has been no approach of any sort for England international Francis Jeffers, the former Arsenal and Everton forward.

Last edited:
Robbie is a Bluebird.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/sout...objectid=19462300&siteid=50082-name_page.html

Fowler agrees terms with Bluebirds Jul 16 2007

by Terry Phillips, South Wales Echo
ROBBIE Fowler has verbally agreed personal terms with Cardiff City – and is closer than ever to signing for the Bluebirds.
The former Liverpool and England striker was flying back from Australia today and is due to hold what it is hoped will be final negotiations with City chairman Peter Ridsdale tomorrow.
Sources close to the player suggest he will not be signing for Sydney United, the club he visited in Australia, and that he has all but ruled out a move to Leicester City.
Instead, Fowler is thought to be keen to work with fellow Scouser Dave Jones at Ninian Park.
Ridsdale will not break the club’s wage structure and Fowler's deal is now believed to be around £10,000 per week plus bonuses based on goals and promotion.​

Story continues

The length of contract offered is likely to be two years.

Ridsdale is ready to fly back from his family holiday in Florida at short notice to tie up the deal, although he has already met both Fowler and his agent, George Scott, and it is possible a deal can be completed by fax and telephone.

The trip back from Australia has taken Fowler 24 hours and City manager Jones is arriving back in Britain from the pre-season tour to Portugal at around 5pm today.

Neither Ridsdale nor Jones would comment today, but both believe a deal is within reach.

City are still keen on Birmingham City’s Rowan Vine, but there has been no approach of any sort for England international Francis Jeffers, the former Arsenal and Everton forward.

Do the Ayatollah Robbie.​

:038::038::038::038::038::038::038:

Last edited:
My lap of the office with my shirt over my head cost me first place.
Well done M17.

You can have him, don't want him anyway.

You gona fcuk off back to the valleys now then? :102:

My lap of the office with my shirt over my head cost me first place.
Well done M17.

I'd wait until he's signed first, matey - perhaps he hasn't heard yet that Chopra fecked off as soon as he could

From the other posters comments i now see what you meant.The fact they knew suggests it was me being a bit thick. ;)

Probably my fault.

I was just making a guess that Milan had no intention whatsoever of wasting serious money on Fowler but 1. wants to keep the mugs happy by appearing to show interest in 'name' players wherever possible; 2. to make this sort of noise he needed to be confident that Fowler was going elsewhere and he wouldn't be called upon to put his money where his mouth is.

Shrewd operator is our owner; got the club for next to nothing when poor old Bill Anderson was telling the world it was £25m

........at least we have someone in charge now with a brain.

Probably my fault.

I was just making a guess that Milan had no intention whatsoever of wasting serious money on Fowler but 1. wants to keep the mugs happy by appearing to show interest in 'name' players wherever possible; 2. to make this sort of noise he needed to be confident that Fowler was going elsewhere and he wouldn't be called upon to put his money where his mouth is.

Shrewd operator is our owner; got the club for next to nothing when poor old Bill Anderson was telling the world it was £25m

Very synical RF!

....but I think you may be spot on!

Probably my fault.

Redditch, whilst I do like to read your comments and most of the time agree with what you say, I really wish you would stop coming over as having some sort of superior interlect to some of us 'MUGS' on here.
The above is your opinion, but my opinion of the story is MM did offer Fowler a deal and seeing as it looks as if we have missed out is showing us 'mugs' that he is trying to sign players of this sort.

Redditch, whilst I do like to read your comments and most of the time agree with what you say, I really wish you would stop coming over as having some sort of superior interlect to some of us 'MUGS' on here.
The above is your opinion, but my opinion of the story is MM did offer Fowler a deal and seeing as it looks as if we have missed out is showing us 'mugs' that he is trying to sign players of this sort.

Well, he might have a point.......

:038:

If the 10k a week cardiff are offering is true, i would think MM may well have offered similar. No way he would pay 22k for him though.

Maybe it was closer to my offer to Fowler: No guaranteed start. £5000 a week plus £10000 for each goal he scores and £5000 for each match we win that he plays in!

Maybe it was closer to my offer to Fowler: No guaranteed start. £5000 a week plus £10000 for each goal he scores and £5000 for each match we win that he plays in!

£10,000 per goal and £5,000 win bonus?!

Watch the team spirit die instantly if thats the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669