Fowler to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travelling Fox

Just read this in the people
S-MART MOVE FOR ROBBIE
BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

LEICESTER manager Martin Allen is ready to give Robbie Fowler the chance to extend his career. He will be offered a £22,000-a-week deal to replace £1m Elvis Hammond, wanted by Mallorca.

Allen is also keen on defender Talal El Karkouri, who was released by Charlton.

Sounds the business to me, he would score for fun in this league, what I can't believe is that anyone would pay £1m for Elvis? What is El Karkouri like? I suppose he could translate for Keabi !!

Re: Fowler to City !!!

Just read this in the people
S-MART MOVE FOR ROBBIE
BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

LEICESTER manager Martin Allen is ready to give Robbie Fowler the chance to extend his career. He will be offered a £22,000-a-week deal to replace £1m Elvis Hammond, wanted by Mallorca.

Allen is also keen on defender Talal El Karkouri, who was released by Charlton.

Sounds the business to me, he would score for fun in this league, what I can't believe is that anyone would pay £1m for Elvis? What is El Karkouri like? I suppose he could translate for Keabi !!

you taking the piss :081::081::081:

Fowlers been strongly linked to Cardiff but according to NOTW they have offerred him 8.5k/week with promotion bonus, we do need a goalscorer and he would guarantee goals (for one season). His agent says he has had offers from all over the world, Fowler says he aint had any offers. who knows? RN i expect.

El Karkouri and Fowler would be superb additions to the squad and from Newts post sounds a distinct possibility, Elvis to Mallorca for a million, if true would be the deal of the century !!

Some guy from FT posted that on football rumours the other day.

In the unlikely event we get Fowler I may let out some sex wee.

i will have sex with a member of the travelling community if we sign fowler.

Fowler would probably be a total failure. Not got any motivation for the game left, after one last payday before retirement, etc. He'd be wise to join Beckham for a year or two in the US if he wants to play on.

If he were to play well for us I'd take him like a shot and pay him £20k a week but I'd be surprised if we got anything from him. He scored 7 in 23 last season (mostly pens or tap ins) with the only team that could motivate him. 3 in 16 in the league (all against Sheff U). Liverpool fans will tell you he was a shadow of his former self.

Terrific striker in his time though and only 32. Someone will take a punt on him in the hope of getting a gem but will probably regret it.

I might be wrong but I thought El Kak had gone to a Saudi club?

As for Fowler, he'd put bums on seats. Just hope he wouldn't have the same attitude at Leicester as he did at Man City. He'd be a quality signing though. I know Dave Jones spoke with him at Gary Mac's golf/cancer thingymajig.

Fowler would probably be a total failure. Not got any motivation for the game left, after one last payday before retirement, etc. He'd be wise to join Beckham for a year or two in the US if he wants to play on.

If he were to play well for us I'd take him like a shot and pay him £20k a week but I'd be surprised if we got anything from him. He scored 7 in 23 last season (mostly pens or tap ins) with the only team that could motivate him. 3 in 16 in the league (all against Sheff U). Liverpool fans will tell you he was a shadow of his former self.

Terrific striker in his time though and only 32. Someone will take a punt on him in the hope of getting a gem but will probably regret it.
But it was in a higher league. I think it would be a good signing.

We have to pay £1m to get rid of Elvis surely

http://englishfootball.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=1008&p=2&stid=8450650

Fowler Wanted By Eight

By DH
Date: 8/7/2007

Robbie Fowler's agent has said that eight clubs have shown an interest in the ex Liverpool and England striker. Clubs believed to be in the running include Leicester City, Cardiff and Scottish giants Celtic and Rangers.

The Sunday People believe Leicester manager Martin Allen is ready to give Fowler the chance to extend his career by offering the 32-year-old a £22,000-a-week deal, meanwhile fellow Championship side Cardiff are preparing to offer the multi-millionaire a similar deal.

George Scott who looks after Robbie's affairs told the Western Mail: We've got eight offers on the table and Robbie is considering the lot of them."

"I can't see Rangers or Celtic being an option. They have each got too many strikers on their books and would need to off-load a couple first."

"The one thing Robbie knows he wants is regular first-team football. Could it be at Cardiff? Why not? I think Cardiff, if they have the ambition, is the sort of place Robbie would thrive at. He could supply the goals to get them into the Premiership"

"It is the sort of challenge he is looking for, to be honest. I see Dave Jones has said on TV he is interested if Robbie is available. Well he is available, so we need to talk."

Confident Scott finished off by adding: "I know Peter Ridsdale as well. He has my number."

My thoughts entirely BN.

http://englishfootball.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=1008&p=2&stid=8450650

Fowler Wanted By Eight

By DH
Date: 8/7/2007

Robbie Fowler's agent has said that eight clubs have shown an interest in the ex Liverpool and England striker. Clubs believed to be in the running include Leicester City, Cardiff and Scottish giants Celtic and Rangers.

The Sunday People believe Leicester manager Martin Allen is ready to give Fowler the chance to extend his career by offering the 32-year-old a £22,000-a-week deal, meanwhile fellow Championship side Cardiff are preparing to offer the multi-millionaire a similar deal.

George Scott who looks after Robbie's affairs told the Western Mail: We've got eight offers on the table and Robbie is considering the lot of them."

"I can't see Rangers or Celtic being an option. They have each got too many strikers on their books and would need to off-load a couple first."

"The one thing Robbie knows he wants is regular first-team football. Could it be at Cardiff? Why not? I think Cardiff, if they have the ambition, is the sort of place Robbie would thrive at. He could supply the goals to get them into the Premiership"

"It is the sort of challenge he is looking for, to be honest. I see Dave Jones has said on TV he is interested if Robbie is available. Well he is available, so we need to talk."

Confident Scott finished off by adding: "I know Peter Ridsdale as well. He has my number."

Sounds like his agent really really wants him at Cardiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566