Fowler to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fowler to City !!!

Fowler is Liverpool thru and thru and i cant see him having any great desire to bust a gut for anyone else. Fowler the name sounds a good asset, but Fowler the actual product is far more questionable imo.

Fowler is Liverpool thru and thru and i cant see him having any great desire to bust a gut for anyone else. Fowler the name sounds a good asset, but Fowler the actual product is far more questionable imo.
fowler would fit in to the same position as all the new signings,wait and see and dont prejudge.

Spot On

Fowler @ Lpool part 1 = Brilliant
Fowler @ Leeds = Shite
Fowler @ Man City = Shite
Fowler @ Lpool part 2 = Shite

Aged quickly & got fed up with the whole thing after leaving Lpool.

Fowler at Leicester = Overpaid,cause of dressing room unrest over large pay packet for producing not much,Hollywood attitude,bad for team spirit...& Shite.

He should go to LA Galaxy where no-one cares

somebody should start a thread 'you can please some of the people some of the time but you cant please all of the people all of the time'

somebody should start a thread 'you can please some of the people some of the time but you cant please all of the people all of the time'

No Biff i'm not hard to please, imo Fowler is the wrong type of signing for city. Fowler was one of the best finishers in the country without doubt, but i want our strikers to have a future infront of them. If we have to go down the 30+ route again then i would prefer to have experience in mainly defence and possibly midfield but not up front. Fowlers career is on the downward slope and i think that many people will easily be suckered by the name of a former top player. My question would be what as he done in the last 4 or 5 years:102:. Lets spend our money on ambition, and not the past.

but where would their future lie :102: a good season with us and someone snaps them you are back square one

but where would their future lie :102: a good season with us and someone snaps them you are back square one

A younger player that does well will generate good transfer money for the club. Southampton have received something like £20M for the sale of Walcott and Bale within the last year or so.

like the 11 million we had ploughed back in from heskey :102:

like the 11 million we had ploughed back in from heskey :102:

You think the future is in players like Fowler?

The club never spent the Heskey money because they had some ridiculous salaries to pay for some very average players.

The title is too long. ;)

No Biff i'm not hard to please, imo Fowler is the wrong type of signing for city. Fowler was one of the best finishers in the country without doubt, but i want our strikers to have a future infront of them. If we have to go down the 30+ route again then i would prefer to have experience in mainly defence and possibly midfield but not up front. Fowlers career is on the downward slope and i think that many people will easily be suckered by the name of a former top player. My question would be what as he done in the last 4 or 5 years:102:. Lets spend our money on ambition, and not the past.
dont get me wrong brauny your opinion has some weight.im not saying fowler is right or wrong for us at this time.what i am and have been saying is whoever the manager and chairman bring in is their choice and they will be held accountable.fowler would be a gamble but sometimes gambles pay off.i as a fan, and loyal fan at that have allways reserved my opinion untill the player has proved his worth or proved a bad buy.

fowler is getting on a bit but we only need one season to get back in the prem, and then we could buy some players who are both quality and youthfull.:icon_wink

If Fowler signs for Leicester (which he wont) ill eat my left testicle.
tomato sauce to help it go down is allowed to be used if he did sign (which he wont)

Ridsdales been involved in transfers with Fowler before at Leeds and he's busting a ball to get him here. He's asked local businessmen to help out with funding his wages/ bonuses so the financial package he'll be offered will be massive. It'd also make him the highest paid Cardiff player ever. Local press seem pretty confident he's coming in the next few days.

If Fowler signs for Leicester (which he wont) ill eat my left testicle.
tomato sauce to help it go down is allowed to be used if he did sign (which he wont)

You are quite safe my friend!

Robbie Fowler will not be joining Leicester City.

I can see that it is a reasonably smart move for Milan to associate us with interest in Fowler....since so far he has only brought in fairly anonymous cast offs and a couple of fairly long shot youngsters - but I'm 99.9% sure that we wouldn't really want him - and he wouldn't really want us.

USA or SPL for Robbie methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670