Fowler to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fowler to City !!!

The club did spend the Heskey money, and more, but it was (mostly) wasted on the likes of Akinbiyi, Walker, Rowett, Jones, Scowcroft, Benjamin etc.

Very true....and as was discussed on an earlier thread a big chunk of the Heskey money went to his agent.

I think a lot people feel he wouldnt want to come here so the attitude is well we dont want him either. i would ask if he did would i be disappointed ? answer NO.Would he score goals at this level ? answer YES. Would a regular goal scorer improve our chances this season? YES.
Do we have anybody that could hit a cows arse with a banjo at the moment ? answer NO. Is there anybody out there we could bring who would raise the levels of anticipation ? answer NO.
The point is with one old striker you might get one good season.With one young starlet you might get one good season.Then we might sell him for 11 million and buy the likes of scowcroft hurrah :038:

Fowler is Liverpool thru and thru and i cant see him having any great desire to bust a gut for anyone else. Fowler the name sounds a good asset, but Fowler the actual product is far more questionable imo.

Spot On

Fowler @ Lpool part 1 = Brilliant
Fowler @ Leeds = Shite
Fowler @ Man City = Shite
Fowler @ Lpool part 2 = Shite

Aged quickly & got fed up with the whole thing after leaving Lpool.

Fowler at Leicester = Overpaid,cause of dressing room unrest over large pay packet for producing not much,Hollywood attitude,bad for team spirit...& Shite.

He should go to LA Galaxy where no-one cares

Couldn't agree more with these 2 posts:038::038: imo if LCFC were to sign Fowler I fear it would end in tears, he was once a prolific striker but I am afraid to say those days are behind him, even in a league lower than he is used to.

Yeah fowlers shit lets get DJ Campbell :038::038:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: I have said it before and I will say it again, he will rip many a defence apart in the fizzy. ;)

I think he can do a job in this league and I also think we need someone experienced up front, young strikers hasnt been working for us the past few years,

However I think no chance he is coming here, jones and the cardiff chairman have more pulling power.

if LCFC were to sign Fowler I fear it would end in tears, he was once a prolific striker but I am afraid to say those days are behind him, even in a league lower than he is used to.

and I bet you said that about the God that was Cottee

and I bet you said that about the God that was Cottee
No,I was a big fan of Cottee well before Martin O'Neil brought him back to the english game from Malayasia. If Fowler signs and is half as good as Cottee then I for one will be amongst the plaudits.

I think Fowler could be prolific in this league - if he could bothered. I think he could cause friction if he was on stupid money.

If I was Mandaric I would tell Fowler: "You are not guaranteed a first team slot. Your pay is £5000 a week + £10,000 for each goal you score"

I would be happy to see him get £35,000 every week he scored a hat-trick!

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: I have said it before and I will say it again, he will rip many a defence apart in the fizzy. ;)

Provided he has a midfield which can supply him with chances. (which currently we don't have)

Fowler doesn't make the chances, he simply finishes them off if he can be bothered.

I think Fowler is more likely to be a failure than a success - and an expensive one at that. Fowler will not be hungry or motivated here. Apart from being as has been said "Liverpool through & through" with his mind totally on as many return trips to Liverpool as possible, he also has a phenomenol business/property portfolio and this occupies him a lot as well. Many top players lose their ability - the examples have been pointed out on this thread. Another example is Liverpudlian Ian Rush. He left for Leeds and he was dire there. It happens. Some players are finished at 32 and some at 36-38. It varies. Their circumstances, psychology, pysiology & genes all play a role to determine when that is for each individual. All the evidence is that Fowler is finished at a decent level. MM will get a lot of publicity if he signs him. It would be a vanity signing that would not benefit this club I fear.

I am not worried about signing players who might not put the effort in. I think MA is the type of manager that will push players, and will not tolerate players who think they can breeze it. If we sign Fowler I am 100% convinced that he will do the business.

Cardiff still trying all avenues.......

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/sout...objectid=19428156&siteid=50082-name_page.html

Redrow could fund Fowler move Jul 9 2007

by Terry Phillips, South Wales Echo
REDROW Homes has given Cardiff City more ammunition in their bid for Robbie Fowler by making a major cash injection.
The Echo understands the construction firm, which used to be City’s shirt sponsors and will build on Ninian Park when the club moves to its new stadium, has pumped in a sizeable sum that could be used to help finance any deal for the former Liverpool striker.
City chairman Peter Ridsdale met Fowler’s agent George Scott at the weekend to try to secure the transfer.
It’s thought a package of around £8-9,000 a week has been offered to the player with significant incentives for promotion and goals scored.
Fowler is understood to be seriously tempted by a move to Ninian Park and against any deal involving a switch to America or Australia.

Wages have been mooted as the stumbling block, but the chance to play regular first-team football at the age of 32 could well swing it in City’s favour, even though manager Dave Jones will offer no guarantees.

There are also suggestions Fowler could be quite prepared to take a pay cut.

His personal wealth, thanks to shrewd property investment, is already estimated by some to be as much as £28m.

Fowler and Chopra together up front? What defense is going to fancy that?

Fowler and Chopra together up front? What defense is going to fancy that?

Good job they won't be playing together next season then! ;)

Must be a nightmare for you knowing you will be facing both of them next season though and we'll only have to worry about one of them!! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46