Fowler to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fowler to City !!!

don't agree about MDV.
he's slow, injury prone, mardy, a hit and miss finisher and doesn't punch his weight in the air unless he's really up for it, like when the camera's were there for Tottenham. He's ended up on the bench at every club we've loaned him to and none of them have opted to sign him.
It's very difficult to teach an old dog new tricks.
Back to Scotland with him, and we might finally have seen the back of the dearth of quality and team spirit that Levein instilled in the club by entirely misunderstanding what it takes to get a team out of the championship - in the right direction!

Players like Clemence, Kaebi, N'Gotty, Fowler, Newton are the sort that'll have us in the hunt for the play offs rather than in the shit bin.

don't agree about MDV.
he's slow, injury prone, mardy, a hit and miss finisher and doesn't punch his weight in the air unless he's really up for it, like when the camera's were there for Tottenham. He's ended up on the bench at every club we've loaned him to and none of them have opted to sign him.

He scored 9 goals in half a season.

That's more than Fryatt's scored in his City career and Hammond's. His strike rate is better than Hume's.

The reason he's been on the bench is simple - he's been playing for club in the Dutch Top Division - a level higher than this club.

He scored 9 goals in half a season.

That's more than Fryatt's scored in his City career and Hammond's. His strike rate is better than Hume's.

The reason he's been on the bench is simple - he's been playing for club in the Dutch Top Division - a level higher than this club.

Didn't Den Haag finish bottom though, and I wouldn't exactly say that the dutch prem is loads better than the Championship. They got 4 or 5 good teams the rest are poor.

I think you are bigging it up way too much, MDV is a very average player.

Didn't Den Haag finish bottom though, and I wouldn't exactly say that the dutch prem is loads better than the Championship. They got 4 or 5 good teams the rest are poor.

I think you are bigging it up way too much, MDV is a very average player.

He is an average player but no better than we currently have or have had. I have provided the fact for you - he's scored more goals for City than Fryatt or Hammond. He would have (on going on striking average) got more goals than Hume did this season if he stayed during Kelly.

The Dutch top division in footballing terms I'd say is still better than Championship simply because it isn't hoofball and rough n' tumble. He joined Heerenveen for 5 months, who are as good as any Fulham or Middlesbrough.

I feel it's gets unfair flak - simply because he's not the most prettiest of player and he's an easy scapegoat.

Still wouldn't mind him leaving though.

His personal wealth, thanks to shrewd property investment, is already estimated by some to be as much as £28m.

Due to a lot of very clever investment in property, Fowler reputed to be one of the richest players in the UK, posibly worth over £100 million.
So where ever he goes it wont be because he needs money

That's some interest rate he must be getting!

From The Daily Mail:

Fowler's agent rules out Old Firm move

Cardiff are facing competition from Leicester City for the signature of former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler.

The Bluebirds are putting together a package to rival the ambitious Foxes' offer of a £22,000-a-week deal for the 32-year-old ex-England striker.

Fowler's agent George Scott told the Western Mail: "We've got eight offers on the table and Robbie is considering the lot of them.
"I can't see Rangers or Celtic being an option. They have each got too many strikers on their books and would need to off-load a couple first.

"The one thing Robbie knows he wants is regular first-team football. Could it be at Cardiff? Why not? I think Cardiff, if they have the ambition, is the sort of place Robbie would thrive at. He could supply the goals to get them into the Premiership.

So although it seems clear our offer is probably the best on the table, his agent continues to talk about the link with Cardiff.

It will be a shame to miss out on him IMO, and to be beaten to his signature by a club who get 10,000 at home watching them.

Last edited:

would be a major signing, which you think MM would be going for as he likes the press, and this would get LCFC alot of media coverage.

From The Daily Mail:

So although it seems clear our offer is probably the best on the table, his agent continues to talk about the link with Cardiff.

It will be a shame to miss out on him IMO, and to be beaten to his signature by a club who get 10,000 at home watching them.

The agent quote is from the skysports story, if you read that, it seems to me the agent is answering the questions about Cardiff link before they (Cardiff)confirm putting an offer to him (Fowler).

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=475774&CPID=10&clid=97&lid=&title=Cardiff+make+Fowler+offer

Fowler, Hendrie and Clemence... yes please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46