Fowler to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fowler to City !!!

Its just a buddies club at the end of the day. Fowler's agent is blatently buddies with the people controlling things at Cardiff so that is where he will end up. Interestingly his quote seems to suggest that there is a challenge to be had at cardiff, and that would be in getting them into the premier league...of course that suggests to me that his agent thinks that would not be a possibility here at Leicester.

It is already decided. And it is a shame because that is another striker deal that has (albeit not quite yet) fallen through...by way of difference we still only now have Carl Cort and the untested Ricky Sappleton...

It just isn't enough quality going into the new season. Perhpas the players that Cardiff have are what will sway the balance and make the fowler deal for them. Chopra is the type of player any striker wouldn't mind playing alongside in this league.

Either way I am going crazy here. Need my fix of insider knowledge. Where's RN and Bob Hazell when you need them:icon_wink

Last edited:

Its just a buddies club at the end of the day. Fowler's agent is blatently buddies with the people controlling things at Cardiff so that is where he will end up. Interestingly his quote seems to suggest that there is a challenge to be had at cardiff, and that would be in getting them into the premier league...of course that suggests to me that his agent thinks that would not be a possibility here at Leicester.

It is already decided. And it is a shame because that is another striker deal that has (albeit not quite yet) fallen through...by way of difference we still only now have Carl Cort and the untested Ricky Sappleton...

It just isn't enough quality going into the new season. Perhpas the players that Cardiff have are what will sway the balance and make the fowler deal for them. Chopra is the type of player any striker wouldn't mind playing alongside in this league.

Either way I am going crazy here. Need my fix of insider knowledge. Where's RN and Bob Hazell when you need them:icon_wink

I don't think it's neccessarily the players next to you, we are all round a less desireable club than we all seem to think we are.

Have Cardiff given up on Fowler?
Story has been updated since yesterday.......

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0600...objectid=19430819&siteid=50082-name_page.html

"Bluebirds’ chairman Peter Ridsdale has spoken with Fowler’s representative and is about to offer a financial package to try to capture the marksman from under the noses of seven other clubs here and overseas who are said to be interested."

Former England team mate joining may tip the balance. The answer will be come soon.

Last edited:

If rumours of our offer are true then I don't want Fowler. He is just hanging around whilst Cardiff scrape the barrell to match our deal.

Last edited:

apparently cardiff have had an undisclosed offer from a non premiership side for chopra

If rumours of our offer are true then I don't want Fowler. He is just hanging around whilst Cardiff scrape the barrell to match our deal.
I doubt whether money is the deciding factor, or that we will exactly match your deal. Provided the offer makes him the 'daddy' (best paid) in the dressing room then the overall potential for good times (which I think is his main driver) will decide the matter. With respect, Dave Jones v Martin Allen is no contest in the Premiership ambitions stakes. Cardiff demonstrated last year that the potential exists but squad limitations eventually took their toll and that this year's additions could be decisive.
Maybe I'm just dreaming?

apparently cardiff have had an undisclosed offer from a non premiership side for chopra
There have been several all of which have been well below the target price.....

Chops: I'll hit thirty this season Jul 9 2007

by Simon Kendal-Williams, South Wales Echo
BLUEBIRDS first-choice striker Michael Chopra today set himself the target of 30 goals next season for Cardiff City.

And in another pledge, the Bluebirds striker vowed to cut out the silly sendings off that blighted the end of his 2006-7 campaign.
He insisted he will be “more professional” in future.
“I’ve set myself a target of 30 goals this season,” said Chopra, who has been the subject of a £3m bid from another Championship club.
“Last season I could have hit that mark, but I went through that patch of one goal in 14 games. If I’d scored five or six in that period, I think I’d have hit 30.
“I know I felt the Championship was too easy at times – hopefully it’ll be the same this season and I can continue scoring goals.

“I also felt I let a lot of people down with the way I was reacting to referees.

“This year you’ll see a totally different Michael Chopra on the pitch – I’ll be a lot more professional.

“It’s mainly down to experience – as you get older, you learn more.”

Chopra, who scored both goals in City’s 2-0 win at Merthyr on Saturday, has been told of the bid for him which did not come from Watford as has been reported over the weekend.

“Michael has been informed, and agrees with our stance of rejecting it out of hand,” said chairman Peter Ridsdale.

It’s understood the Bluebirds will not consider any offer for Chopra below £5m.​

With the prospect of playing with Fowler, only silly money from a Premiership team is going to lure him away.

I doubt whether money is the deciding factor, or that we will exactly match your deal. Provided the offer makes him the 'daddy' (best paid) in the dressing room then the overall potential for good times (which I think is his main driver) will decide the matter. With respect, Dave Jones v Martin Allen is no contest in the Premiership ambitions stakes. Cardiff demonstrated last year that the potential exists but squad limitations eventually took their toll and that this year's additions could be decisive.
Maybe I'm just dreaming?

To be fair have actually played top flight football in recent years, have a new stadium and much bigger crowds, not to mention a new backer. If its about ambition theres only one place he will end up.

So have Leeds.:icon_wink

Construction of our new stadium is well under way and due for completion end of next year (just in time for Prem football:icon_wink).

I note you don't respond to the crowd question

Mmmm - playing in front of a 30,000 crowd, or a 12,000 crowd

Wonder which one superstar Robbie would fancy.........?

I note you don't respond to the crowd question

Mmmm - playing in front of a 30,000 crowd, or a 12,000 crowd

Wonder which one superstar Robbie would fancy.........?
I've already done that dance with you lot. Shall I just copy over the Cardiff v Leicester thread from last season? You remember the one when we gave you a hiding?

It will probably we a close call who will do better this season between LCFC & Cardiff. The latter definately have strong, and stable, foundations to build on whereas we have virtually a new team that will still additons.
I think our Welsh contributor has a fair point about Cardiff. It is definately a City on the 'up'. Since devolution, the City has prospered and its population, property prices & confidence have grown considerably. It is not suprising that people with ambition are behind the football club now & that a new stadium is around the corner. The other point to make on Fowler chosing between two managers is not that there is 'no contest' but that Jones is a scouser & Allen isn't. The Liverpudlian 'scouser til I die' dimension to Fowlers character probably means that Cardiff, will have the edge. But the standing of a good campaign last year, a good board & new stadium all have a bearing too.

It will probably we a close call who will do better this season between LCFC & Cardiff. The latter definately have strong, and stable, foundations to build on whereas we have virtually a new team that will still additons.
I think our Welsh contributor has a fair point about Cardiff. It is definately a City on the 'up'. Since devolution, the City has prospered and its population, property prices & confidence have grown considerably. It is not suprising that people with ambition are behind the football club now & that a new stadium is around the corner. The other point to make on Fowler chosing between two managers is not that there is 'no contest' but that Jones is a scouser & Allen isn't. The Liverpudlian 'scouser til I die' dimension to Fowlers character probably means that Cardiff, will have the edge. But the standing of a good campaign last year, a good board & new stadium all have a bearing too.

didnt he goto leeds for a bit or was it man city :102:

Last edited:

Are you a Libran?

I've already done that dance with you lot. Shall I just copy over the Cardiff v Leicester thread from last season? You remember the one when we gave you a hiding?

That was a hiding?

Roll on new season.

Aye - a 3-2 'hiding' in front of a truly pitiful 12,000 crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59