Fowler to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Mockery today

Robbie Fowler has been confirmed as a prime Leicester City target by chairman Milan Mandaric.

Mandaric confirmed that he would be prepared to offer Fowler, the subject of much speculation, the challenge of restoring City to the top flight.

He is keeping a close eye on the 32-year-old former Liverpool, Manchester City and Leeds player's current negotiations with Australian side Sydney FC.

Cardiff are also rivals for his signature but Mandaric is undeterred and said: “Our rebuilding is not completed yet.

“We are still looking for more power up-front and Fowler could give us that.

“I have been talking with his representatives and we know there is competition for him but it is not always about money.

“I think we would be the right club for someone really looking for the right challenge.''

With Carl Cort already signed and a £2 million bid for Birmingham striker DJ Campbell near to agreement, firepower is clearly a concern in the new regime

Someone has got to be telling porkies, surely not all of DJ, IMcL and Fowler will sign!! :102:

No place for Fryatt with Hume, Cort, Sappleton, Campbell and Fowler - thats for sure.

The Fowler stuff smells like Mandaric PR bullshit to me - but even without him the pecking order is DJ, Hume, Cort and then Fryatt

So for a million quid, the choice is an obvious one

All this talk about Fowler, Mcleod and DJ is great dont get me wrong, but is anyone else worried about our defence? I still think we're a bit weak in this area, do you think we'll sign anyone??

The Fowler stuff smells like Mandaric PR bullshit to me - but even without him the pecking order is DJ, Hume, Cort and then Fryatt

So for a million quid, the choice is an obvious one

I dont think for 1 minute Fowler will ever be an LCFC player and in that case I can see us wheeling out McLeod.

All this talk about Fowler, Mcleod and DJ is great dont get me wrong, but is anyone else worried about our defence? I still think we're a bit weak in this area, do you think we'll sign anyone??

Definetely still need a LB at least. Could do with another CB as well to be safe, but I think we could be alright without (and I'm not sure who would want to come here knowing they'd probably be 4th choice at CB)

We really don't need 3 more strikers I don't think. Can't see us signing DJ, Fowler and McLeod. Even if Fryatt leaves, We're not going to spend £3m+ on 2 new strikers when one of which will rarely play.

I'd rather we kept Fryatt and signed DJ and Fowler. Fryatt and McLeod are probably pretty similar, but McLeod would probably cost more money than we'd get for Fryatt, which would be stupid when he'd only be a sub (at best?) if we've got Hume, Cort, Fowler and the Deej.

Milan must be confident that Fowler is going elsewhere for him to affect to show such interest.

I completely agree - same as with Saganowski

His very public "I want Fowler" campaign convinces me that that there is no possibility whatsoever of him coming to Leicester

He's a very shrewd operator, is Mr Mandaric

From the other posters comments i now see what you meant.The fact they knew suggests it was me being a bit thick. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566