Foxes Trust Urges Owners to Reject Overseas League Game Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mackywacky,

Extreme was a poor choice of words (perhaps not in your case though :) ), more perhaps select.

The bigger the sample taken the more accurate the results. What I was trying to say (badly) was that people who post on a football message board are more likely to be 'extreme' in their love of LCFC rather that someone who doesn't.
That's grand, but I don't really care about any of that. You didn't answer the important question.
Are you seriously saying that you think that most fans would welcome games being played abroad?

Not sure I understand the resentment of the FT if I'm honest.
I do find it all a bit bizarre meself, but gallons of fun.
I reckon we should devise a label for the people that will take a contrary position regardless of what the FT have said. Contraftarians or summat

That's grand, but I don't really care about any of that. You didn't answer the important question.
Are you seriously saying that you think that most fans would welcome games being played abroad?

Probably not sir. Armchair fans might not have an issue with it, or indeed fans of clubs who regularly travel to Europe to watch their team?

Probably not sir. Armchair fans might not have an issue with it, or indeed fans of clubs who regularly travel to Europe to watch their team?
Right on, just so that we're all clear that you do actually agree and support the FT on this. :icon_bigg
I thought for a while there you might be one of them there contratrustarians, or whatever the **** it was I was rambling about earlier

So, hang on, someone asked the Foxes Trust to disclose how many members they have right here, right now on this thread and now the Foxes Trust have just stopped replying. Is that what's just happened?

Is that what's just happened?
erm... no, not quite. The FT were asked the usual, predictable question, the FT then responded and at the moment they haven't posted in a couple of days.
Perhaps they're busy eating newborn babies or looting old people's homes or whatever it is they all do in their spare time, the utter bastards

Last edited:
So, hang on, someone asked the Foxes Trust to disclose how many members they have right here, right now on this thread and now the Foxes Trust have just stopped replying. Is that what's just happened?
They did give an answer. It translates to 'we do disclose our membership numbers, but only to members, so **** off'.

how much is membership?

Lako, it matters not as they won't allow ****s like you to join.

The fact that nobody on here is a member, or knows anyone that is a member to ask about membership numbers, speaks volumes.

I support the existence of the Trust but I can't say anything for or against those in charge. Does the person that posts on here speak for themselves or the Trust? I'm not aware that they stand for anything much beyond the usual supporter association driven stuff.

For example, would they rather they were in charge of the club instead of the Thai's? Trust's seem to advocate themselves as the most sensible and secure custodians of clubs. What is their vision? What do they want and what would they do if they got it?

There really is no reason to think that a Trust board would be any better at running a club than successful businessmen. In the brief period when the Trust were in some control, alongside a bunch of well-meaning types, we slid backwards as a club virtually weekly. We were so shite at the end, most people welcomed the serial shyster Mad Mandy instead.

A successful and popular Trust needs to be expertly formed. If we don't even know the membership both in terms of numbers and skills, and aren't allowed to know, it really undermines the organisation. Whilst I want to be supportive, it really isn't a surprise that people ridicule them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669