Foxes Trust Urges Owners to Reject Overseas League Game Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxes_Trust

I can't believe this nonsense is back. If anything remotely similar to this ever happens, I'm absolutely done with English football. I would seriously hope more people withdraw their financial support of the game too.

I can't believe this nonsense is back. If anything remotely similar to this ever happens, I'm absolutely done with English football. I would seriously hope more people withdraw their financial support of the game too.

Completely agree.

Unless it happens to coincide with my holiday to *insert glamorous location*, in which case I'm all for the idea and think it's a fantastic opportunity for the club.

Interesting, and frankly inevitable, idea.

I attended a couple of preseason games at Yankee Stadium and Panthers Stadium this August (don't worry I didn't pay...work-related). ****ing packed to the rafters and the tickets weren't exactly being given away.

Obviously shit for local fans but no doubt good for business (at least until everyone gets the hump and the whole system collapses).

It is completely ****ed up

I'm with you.

I presume that this idea to play one of the 38 games abroad is designed to make the '39th game' proposal more acceptable. They must think we are idiots.

You can't happily take the cash from Premier League viewers from around the world and then throw your toys out of the pram when they start wanting a little piece of the cake.

The fact that we're a solvent club, let alone a Premier League club, is rooted in passengers going through airports in Thailand for fecks sake. What do you expect?

I don't have a problem with it myself.

You can't happily take the cash from Premier League viewers from around the world and then throw your toys out of the pram when they start wanting a little piece of the cake.

I can't remember the fan pressure for this to happen, certainly not from the fans who actually attend the games and have the right to be against this shitty money grabbing scheme.

I'm a fan. I don't attend games. I'd love an opportunity to see them.

Have to say I'm with BN on this one. There are supporters and revenue streams all over the world now.

The fact that we're a solvent club, let alone a Premier League club, is rooted in passengers going through airports in Thailand for fecks sake. What do you expect?

I don't have a problem with it myself.
How much have you spent watching LCFC over the years? I would imagine it's at least a mid-to-high four digit number. Yet you're happy for potentially over 5% of our home games in the top league to be delivered to the front door of people on the other side of the world who have no connection to the club and indeed may have never heard of the club, but just happened to buy a TV subscription so they can watch Manyoo? This, in keeping with everything the Premier League has ever done since its invention, is an attempt to generate more cash, with the incidental and apparently irrelevant cost of the integrity of the game.

How much have you spent watching LCFC over the years? I would imagine it's at least a mid-to-high four digit number. Yet you're happy for potentially over 5% of our home games in the top league to be delivered to the front door of people on the other side of the world who have no connection to the club and indeed may have never heard of the club, but just happened to buy a TV subscription so they can watch Manyoo? This, in keeping with everything the Premier League has ever done since its invention, is an attempt to generate more cash, with the incidental and apparently irrelevant cost of the integrity of the game.
They could stage a Leicester game in Bergen. There would be at least two Leicester supporters there!

What has any of that got to do with it? Yes, I've spent a lot supporting City, yes I go to matches.

Our club is funded almost entirely by its Thai owners and Sky tv, which are wholly or substantially funded by overseas supporters/subscribers/customers. Who do you think pays the wages of Ulloa? It certainly isn't you or I. The days we could claim any right to determine the decisions our club makes are long gone.

You have to decide between the cash and its consequences or being skint and struggling. I'll whore my club every time for more of what we've had this season. And if I miss a game because it's in Saudi Arabia or Seattle, so be it. I'd be proud to see people from other countries watching my club in action.

It's like watching something on a commercial tv channel. You want the programme but not the adverts. But you don't get the programme without the adverts. So you put up with them for the greater good. Welcome to a capitalist democracy. Like pretty much everything else, that's all football is nowadays.

Like pretty much everything else, that's all football is nowadays.

Spot on

But that doesn't make it right. In fact it makes it even worse

At some point you have to stand up and scream 'enough, no more'. That time is now

I'll whore my club every time for more of what we've had this season.

But when you do that it's not "your" club any more.

What happens if this 39th game thing happens, and is financially successful?
Will they then decide to play some of the other 38 games in various parts of the world? What is the limit, 5 games, 10 games, 38 games? Before we know it we'll just be a franchise in the world premier league, and the owners can move the club to where they'll make the most money. And it won't be Leicester.

The 39th game could just be the tip of the iceberg, and it needs to be stopped before it can start.

What has any of that got to do with it? Yes, I've spent a lot supporting City, yes I go to matches.

Our club is funded almost entirely by its Thai owners and Sky tv, which are wholly or substantially funded by overseas supporters/subscribers/customers. Who do you think pays the wages of Ulloa? It certainly isn't you or I. The days we could claim any right to determine the decisions our club makes are long gone.

You have to decide between the cash and its consequences or being skint and struggling. I'll whore my club every time for more of what we've had this season. And if I miss a game because it's in Saudi Arabia or Seattle, so be it. I'd be proud to see people from other countries watching my club in action.

It's like watching something on a commercial tv channel. You want the programme but not the adverts. But you don't get the programme without the adverts. So you put up with them for the greater good. Welcome to a capitalist democracy. Like pretty much everything else, that's all football is nowadays.
The Premier League do not give a detailed analysis of their overseas income, but looking at it historically, it would seem to be about a third of what the domestic rights bring in, so it doesn't seem right to me that they should be calling the shots. In any event, they are paying to see games played in England, not somewhere else in the world. If I was living in Singapore I don't see what putting on a game in, say, the UAE, would add to my overall watching experience. If anything I would say it detracts from it.

Last edited:
The Premier League do not give a detailed analysis of their overseas income, but looking at it historically, it would seem to be about a third of what the domestic rights bring in, so it doesn't seem right to me that they should be calling the shots. In any event, they are paying to see games played in England, not somewhere else in the world. If I was living in Singapore I don't see what putting on a game in, say, the UAE, would add to my overall watching experience. If anything I would say it detracts from it.
This, or that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469