Foxes Trust Urges Owners to Reject Overseas League Game Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several more or are/were members. They might not want me to out them though.

So the fact that in an earlier post by the Foxes Trust states that members who attend the AGM know the overall membership number is not true then Jeff, or have you and the other 'closets' not attended an AGM?

So the fact that in an earlier post by the Foxes Trust states that members who attend the AGM know the overall membership number is not true then Jeff, or have you and the other 'closets' not attended an AGM?

I live in Carlisle. I don't travel to Leicester to home matches, so why do you think I'd make a 450 mile round trip to go to the trust AGM?

Eh??? :017:

Come on Boc, only £5 and we will know the answer.

I am neither a student, nor unemployed, nor an OAP. They already have more than a fiver of mine but have never sent me a membership card.

Last edited:
I am neither a student, nor unemployed, nor an OAP. They already have more than a fiver of mine but have never sent me a membership card.

I presumed you were a man of leisure, which job allows you to wear shorts?

I presumed you were a man of leisure, which job allows you to wear shorts?

I was but you've missed three years of updates.

Aren't the trust keeping all that money just in case things turn sour and the club are threatened with a winding up order if GTF's breakfast isn't paid for on any given day?

Lako, it matters not as they won't allow ****s like you to join.

All City fans are welcome to join, and then come to the AGM when the board always asks members present for their feedback (both general and on selected relevant topics at that time). However we welcome Trust members contacting any board member with their views or with issues they may have in relation to LCFC.

As an example when the season tickets were put on sale and quickly sold out, we helped several members obtain additional ST's, where for different circumstances they were unable to get tickets in the initial period.

So, hang on, someone asked the Foxes Trust to disclose how many members they have right here, right now on this thread and now the Foxes Trust have just stopped replying. Is that what's just happened?

No, there will be periods of time when no posts are made by the FT because business commitments and/or holidays mean there is no opportunity to review the board. We also monitor & post on several message boards while also keeping both our website the facebook group updated.

The fact that nobody on here is a member, or knows anyone that is a member to ask about membership numbers, speaks volumes.

I support the existence of the Trust but I can't say anything for or against those in charge. Does the person that posts on here speak for themselves or the Trust? I'm not aware that they stand for anything much beyond the usual supporter association driven stuff.

For example, would they rather they were in charge of the club instead of the Thai's? Trust's seem to advocate themselves as the most sensible and secure custodians of clubs. What is their vision? What do they want and what would they do if they got it?

There really is no reason to think that a Trust board would be any better at running a club than successful businessmen. In the brief period when the Trust were in some control, alongside a bunch of well-meaning types, we slid backwards as a club virtually weekly. We were so shite at the end, most people welcomed the serial shyster Mad Mandy instead.

A successful and popular Trust needs to be expertly formed. If we don't even know the membership both in terms of numbers and skills, and aren't allowed to know, it really undermines the organisation. Whilst I want to be supportive, it really isn't a surprise that people ridicule them.

As Jeff has said, we are aware of a number of our members who post on this or other message boards, and there are probably more that we don't know their usernames on here, but it is up to individuals whether they want to state if they are members or not.

in terms of what we stand for, our main aims are published on our website and haven't changed since formation. The relative priority of those aims change with the circumstances the club faces at a point in time. If you read two recent stories on our website http://foxestrust.co.uk/3341/the-supporter-ownership-and-engagement-expert-group#more-3341 and http://foxestrust.co.uk/3329/suppor...ur-proposals-for-radical-shake-up-of-football you will see both main parties are approaching election time and can see Supporter Involvement as a potential vote winner. The basis of both parties proposals has come from documents generated by Supporters Direct and individual Trusts, and the Foxes Trust has contributed to this process.

In terms of posts on here, we aim to reflect the view of the elected board that runs the Trust, not an individual, which is sometimes why responses are delayed as we discuss the response via e-mail offline.

As for the current ownership situation, we have very few criticisms on how the club is ran at present, and any issues we do have we would speak to the club directly. A Trust solely owning & running a Premiership Club is unrealistic, however you only have to look at Swansea to demonstrate that a Trust can build a structure and a consistent playing style policy which has brought a club through the divisions and established itself in the Premiership (they have published a book on the topic, which is a good read).

As you stated, when we were part of the consortium, there were not sufficient funds to move the club forwards, hence the consortium's reluctant decision to sell to MM, who then proceeded to take it backwards for a period, but did deliver on his promise to sell to someone who would take the club forwards.

If the fiver+ was placed in a bucket, it was a donation. If the fiver was accompanied by a membership form with full contact details you would have been a member for that year & had a share certificate sent to you, but it is an annual membership fee.

Aren't the trust keeping all that money just in case things turn sour and the club are threatened with a winding up order ...?

Correct and this is something else that is discussed with members at each AGM, as the board asks annually if those present are still in favour of the board recommendation to keep it way.

If the fiver+ was placed in a bucket, it was a donation.

Yes, it was a donation. But as you well know, it was emphatically not a donation to the Foxes Trust.

No, there will be periods of time when no posts are made by the FT because business commitments and/or holidays mean there is no opportunity to review the board. We also monitor & post on several message boards while also keeping both our website the facebook group updated.

Cheers, mate. So how many members have you got?

There are several more or are/were members. They might not want me to out them though.

I outed myself when I first joined. Always better to be on the inside of the tent pissing out........... !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669