French Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

enderby fox

This year's French Open is looking a cracking event now Nadel is out.

Let's not make this into a "I hate Andy Murray" thread. He's a winner and has a really good chance on his least preferred surface. Now that nadal is out of his side of the draw, i fancy him to get to the final.

But there are other out there who will equally think they have a good shot.

There is of course Federer who has never won the title at Roland Garos, the ever dangerous Davydenko who will either play fantastic or like a one armed arse bandit.
After beating Nadal, you cant count out Soderling but i just dont see him winning it. Murray's next opponent is Gonzalez who like davydenko, will either play well or shit.
Robredo will be a threat and i think he'll get past Kohlscreiber and the always present Roddick has a tough match against Monfils which i cant pick a winner.
I'm expecting it to be a Federer v Murray Final but it could quite easily be Federer v Davydenko or Gonzalez too.

Does anyone else enjoy the tennis. It's always interested me and i actually like Murray. One comment as a youngster has turned a lot of people against him but i think the kid is a born winner. He's got the right temperament and it's all about the win at the end of the day. Nice guys dont win anything. Just ask henman!

This year's French Open is looking a cracking event now Nadel is out.

Let's not make this into a "I hate Andy Murray" thread. He's a winner and has a really good chance on his least preferred surface. Now that nadal is out of his side of the draw, i fancy him to get to the final.

But there are other out there who will equally think they have a good shot.

There is of course Federer who has never won the title at Roland Garos, the ever dangerous Davydenko who will either play fantastic or like a one armed arse bandit.
After beating Nadal, you cant count out Soderling but i just dont see him winning it. Murray's next opponent is Gonzalez who like davydenko, will either play well or shit.
Robredo will be a threat and i think he'll get past Kohlscreiber and the always present Roddick has a tough match against Monfils which i cant pick a winner.
I'm expecting it to be a Federer v Murray Final but it could quite easily be Federer v Davydenko or Gonzalez too.

Does anyone else enjoy the tennis. It's always interested me and i actually like Murray. One comment as a youngster has turned a lot of people against him but i think the kid is a born winner. He's got the right temperament and it's all about the win at the end of the day. Nice guys dont win anything. Just ask henman!

Did you mean to say he plays well if he hasnt received a back hander and poorly if he has?

Federer is currently 1-0 down to Tommy Haas, this really could be Murrays year, but I just can't see it happening.

2-0 to Haas

If Federer goes out then it is Murray's to lose

Great fightback by Fed.

Hass had his chance, once it was gone there was no looking back. What a true athelete.

Did Fed win>?

i can only see a federer v murray final now nadal is out. i really think murray has a great chance of winning this now, only interested in mens competition now that ivanovic is out of womens

Probably because he's miserable and Scottish.

Why does Murray seem to be disliked in general by the way?

During the last World Cup, he was being interviewed on the day that England were playing Portugal. The interviewer asked him something about who he wanted to win the competition. He insists that he said that he didn't mind whether England won or lost, but many say that he actually said that he wanted anybody except England to win. Whichever it was, it has made people think he is anti-English - so the English in turn are anti-Murray.

During the last World Cup, he was being interviewed on the day that England were playing Portugal. The interviewer asked him something about who he wanted to win the competition. He insists that he said that he didn't mind whether England won or lost, but many say that he actually said that he wanted anybody except England to win. Whichever it was, it has made people think he is anti-English - so the English in turn are anti-Murray.

I had missed that, thanks.
He's out now anyway.

He also wore a Trindad and Tobago shirt when England were playing against them, but that was a joke. I think he also made another comment during another match, but that was also a joke.

I really dont understand why people might think he is anti-England :icon_roll

He was beaten by a better player yesterday which is a shame because he did stand a chance of making it all the way to the final.

Now it is onto Wimbledon and we can have this conversation all over again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669