Fryatt Out, McLeod In !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outfox the Fox

Hello - this is my first post on TB - I hope you treat me kindly ! I have regularly posted on Foxest**k - but their recent policy of not reporting on 'rumours' - even well substantiated ones - means I won't be putting any news out through them for the future !
I am a freelance sports journalist, based in Bedfordsire and have good contacts with all the League clubs in the area - but particularly Luton & MK Dons. I was (I think) the first to post on a City fans site, that Martin Allen was in talks with Mandaric about taking the City job (I must admit though, it was me who said Mike Newell had been lined up by MM in January - but he had, honest !). The story below is one I passed onto the Express last night - and formed part of their article this morning.
Anyway, the word from MK Dons last night (Paul Ince's Assistant, no less) was that Leicester have provisionally agreed an initial fee of £1.2m (rising to £1.5m with appearances and caps), for Izale McLeod, IF THEY SELL MATTY FRYATT. I immediately made a few calls to journo colleagues around the country - and a contact at the Bolton Evening News told me that he had heard that Preston have had a bid of £1m turned down for Matty 2 days ago - and are now considering 'upping' that to £1.2m (apparently Rob Kelly has persuaded Simpson of the wisdom of the deal). We await developments !

Good gen, OtF. Thanks a lot!

why on earth would we get rid of Fryatt in favour of McLeod-i'm not saying that i don't believe this to be true but the logic of the deal baffles me.

Welcome aboard sir! We await to see if this happens! I'd personally prefer to have Fryatt over McLeod, but at the end of the day, what the **** do I know?? :icon_bigg

why on earth would we get rid of Fryatt in favour of McLeod-i'm not saying that i don't believe this to be true but the logic of the deal baffles me.

Maybe Allen doesn't rate him - and maybe Mandaric agrees

And if we sign Campbell he becomes fourth in the pecking order, which is a place more suited to someone like McLeod

Quite simple, really

Oh yes, and he's also shite

Maybe Fryatt is an unsettling member of the squad? Did i read it on here that he did something "very bad"?

if they both come who will be our first choice pairing..id say hume and well anybody :102:

If we're spending £1.5million, then it will definitely be Campbell and someone else

Probably Hume, with Cort as first choice replacement

You've seen him play regularly, of course :icon_roll

Not regularly but I have seen him play.

Decent player in League 2 - Nothing more, nothing less

I could understand Fryatt being sold to cover for the signings of Clemence and Campbell but to sell him to free up money for McLeod - seems silly - it's almost like for like.

But that's my opinion, not Allen's and Milan's, so it's worth feck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669