Fryatt Out, McLeod In !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves are close to signing Stephen Elliott from Sunderland, with him and Eastwood signed up I shouldn't think that they still want Matty Fryatt

we will be left with the crap again

Regretably, its only too clear now that where there is real competition that generally players are not choosing us.

I don't know whether it's because of the dismal record of the club in recent seasons; that they may not want to be managed by Martin Allen or whether it's about money or a combination of these issues.

Regretably, its only too clear now that where there is real competition that generally players are not choosing us.

I don't know whether it's because of the dismal record of the club in recent seasons; that they may not want to be managed by Martin Allen or whether it's about money or a combination of these issues.

Players and agents showing poor judgement? :102:

Maybe Uncle Milan isnt prepared to spend as much dosh as he would have us believe and we are simply being priced out. Spending an additional £3million on wages per season means much less than it did when portsmouth went up. The one season in the prem plus parachute payments means we are not the top spenders in the division that U.M. thought we would be IMO. I also don't think his charm and MA's frank speaking will be enough when trying to persuade 'top names' to come here.

Maybe Uncle Milan isnt prepared to spend as much dosh as he would have us believe and we are simply being priced out. Spending an additional £3million on wages per season means much less than it did when portsmouth went up. The one season in the prem plus parachute payments means we are not the top spenders in the division that U.M. thought we would be IMO. I also don't think his charm and MA's frank speaking will be enough when trying to persuade 'top names' to come here.

Only partly true I feel. In DJ's case he wanted to be near his home town. If a midlands or northern team were in competition, I think we would have got him. Even over Wolves. MM was pushing the boat out on this one.
However, You're right that we haven't got the biggest budget in the division. The 3 relegated clubs plus Wolves seem to have more to spend. Even Norwhich I quietly spending a bit including on loan players. But I'd guess we are in the top 6 budget wise, so I'd give MM credit for that.

Last edited:
i would say its our recent record more than anything

Probably.

But whilst I was not as optimistic as many about Milan's capacity to bring in much better players, I am still rather disappointed with the outcomes.

It's always going to be the decent strikers that are most difficult to bring in and we seem to be finding it more than difficult.

At the moment we have Hume (best attacking player but perhaps not an out and out striker); Fryatt (whose motivation to play for the club is in doubt) and MDV (not as bad as alleged by many - but unlikely to do too much) and the rest aren't even worth mentioning.

Could it be that, by the laws of everage, when five clubs go in for five players, they end up with approximately one each? How can we expect to sign ALL the players we go in for? We apparently beat other clubs to the signings of Cort, Kaebi, Chambers, Kishishev, etc. Those other clubs must be suicidal by now!

You don't need so called "big names" to go up.

Reading didn't have that, no one had head of doyle, kitson etc really.

Could it be that, by the laws of everage, when five clubs go in for five players, they end up with approximately one each? How can we expect to sign ALL the players we go in for? We apparently beat other clubs to the signings of Cort, Kaebi, Chambers, Kishishev, etc. Those other clubs must be suicidal by now!

Exactly, we have successfully signed 11 out of the 13 players we know we have bid for. Not bad going IMO

Just been told by a MK Dons STH that McLeod has had a medical with Charlton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669