Fryatt Out, McLeod In !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campbell is to sign today or Tuesday.
City have agreed a basic £1.2m figure with Wolves and Preston for Fryatt.
Mandaric is meeting Pete Winkelman today to finalise a deal for McLeod.
That's the word from various journo collaegues !

Balls, I hope your info is wrong mate!! :icon_sad:

Campbell is to sign today or Tuesday.
City have agreed a basic £1.2m figure with Wolves and Preston for Fryatt.
Mandaric is meeting Pete Winkelman today to finalise a deal for McLeod.
That's the word from various journo collaegues !

I've just spoken to my contact in Admin at MK Dons - they now have another offer 'on the table' for McLeod, from Charlton; matching City's provisional figure of £1.5m, BUT the Leicester price included 'add-ins' (extra for appearances), the Charlton figure is a straight £1.5m 'cash up front' deal. I presume that's why MM is talking to the Dons Chairman today, they'll want City to at least match Pardew's bid.
Another complication for City, of course is what's happening with Fryatt - I heard they'll only sign McLeod, IF Matty goes.

PS As for the renewed Fowler speculation today, a couple of colleagues have heard that he IS going to Sydney.

This is good. It's with regret that I see Fryatt go but I fully support it. His attitude and commitment were not right last season, not just his ankle. I think if is likely to do well, it would be with a fresh challenge elsewhere. I think Campbell is a good signing. Izale however I have no idea; I wouldn't be suprised if he turns out to be anotther Trevor Benjamin... on the other hand he could be another Claridge. Unfancied and a bit awkward looking.... but useful. Given that, I'm relying on Campbell & Hume to get the goals with Cort on standby for injuries & suspensions (& perhaps league cup games).

Fryatt was a disgrace last season, unfit, unmotivated and lacking any desire to haul his sorry fat arse above the mediocrity and ill discipline that blighted Kelly's reign.

I don't doubt that Fryatt could still be a success in this division, but that is unlikely to be with us, he needs a fresh challenge and new surroundings, it is as much down to personal problems as it is professional, but IMO we have to sell now. He will nhever recapture the form of the season before with us, too much has gone on.

It is clearly apparent that Mandaric and Allen are as keen to reward attitude as equally as ability, hence the new improved terms for Hume. No doubt that Fryatt has ability and potential but his attitude has been piss poor when fit, and I use that term very loosely, IMO if Mandaric and Allen believe that perhaps a less naturally gifted but more enthuastic, disciplined and ambitious McLeod offers a better opportunity of success than Fryatt then they have my upmost support and respect.

After the shite of last season I find it amazing how many fans now want to see players being given second chances. You could count the players on one hand who I would not be sorry to see leave, and Fryatt is one of those.

I don't think you meant to write that!

Last edited:
I dont think Fryatt is off to Wolves, they are no longer interested. Fryatt did say he would move to Wolves if they wanted him and at the time Wolves were keen and would've prob signed him if they didn't get Eastwood. If a team want Fryatt and offer the club an acceptable bid he will be off. I doubt Wolves are one that still want him.

Last edited:
I dont think Fryatt is off to Wolves, they are no longer interested. Fryatt did say he would move to Wolves if they wanted him and at the time Wolves were keen and would've prob signed him if they didn't get Eastwood. If a team want Fryatt and offer the club an acceptable he will be off I doubt Wolves are one that still want him.

Preston. ;)

Interesting that Fryatt didn't make the Hinckley squad for tonight....

City (from): Nielsen, Logan, J Chambers, N'Gotty, McAuley, Sheehan, Newton, Kishishev, Stearman, Hayes, Cort, Hume, De Vries, Hammond, Wesolowski, Hellings, Beswick, Clemence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669