Fryatt Out, McLeod In !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Fryatt because he has the raw material to be an excellent striker. He scored a goal last season (I can't remember against who) when he took the ball so early that the keeper was beaten by speed of thought. That's the instinctive bit you can't teach. He's strong and aggressive and he's still only a kid. If MA is the motivational coach we hope then we shouldn't be swapping unpolished diamonds for shiny stones from lower leagues.

I think getting rid of Fryatt at this stage to make room for McLeod is a mistake. Give him another year and see what happens..

Fryatt was a disgrace last season, unfit, unmotivated and lacking any desire to haul his sorry fat arse above the mediocrity and ill discipline that blighted Kelly's reign.

I don't doubt that Fryatt could still be a success in this division, but that is unlikely to be with us, he needs a fresh challenge and new surroundings, it is as much down to personal problems as it is professional, but IMO we have to sell now. He will nhever recapture the form of the season before with us, too much has gone on.

It is clearly apparent that Mandaric and Allen are as keen to reward attitude as equally as ability, hence the new improved terms for Hume. No doubt that Fryatt has ability and potential but his attitude has been piss poor when fit, and I use that term very loosely, IMO if Mandaric and Allen believe that perhaps a less naturally gifted but more enthuastic, disciplined and ambitious McLeod offers a better opportunity of success than Fryatt then they have my upmost support and respect.

After the shite of last season I find it amazing how many fans now want to see players being given second chances. You could count the players on one hand who I would not be sorry to see leave, and Fryatt is one of those.

But the thing is, Fryatt does have a new team and a fresh challenge, and he doesn't need to move anywhere!

After the shite of last season I find it amazing how many fans now want to see players being given second chances.
They cost me over £700 last year in tickets alone which I consider a complete and utter waste of money. They ruined my enjoyement of the whole season, I'm happy for every last one of them to go

They cost me over £700 last year in tickets alone which I consider a complete and utter waste of money. They ruined my enjoyement of the whole season, I'm happy for every last one of them to go

Exactly, many of these players have had 2 if not 2 and a half seasons at this club, in Fryatt's case a season and a half and apart from a 3 or 4 month spell the season before last, that saved the club from relegation, they have been nothing short of a shambolic mess that has resulted in 2 managers losing their jobs, why the feck should any of them be allowed the opportunity to feck it up for a third.

Last edited:
Exactly, many of these players have had 2 if not 2 and a half seasons at this club, in Fryatt's case a season and a half and apart from a 3 or 4 month spell the season before last, that saved the club from relegation, they have been nothing short of a shambolic mess that has resulted in 2 managers losing their jobs, why the feck should any of them be allowed the opportunity to feck it up for a third.

i want to see what fryatt can do under a good manager if he's no good then get rid but give him the chance to prove himself first :102:

Last edited:
i want to see what fryatt can do under a good manager if he's no good then get rid but give him the chance to prove himself first :102:

He had the chance, good manager or bad manager, like so many of the others there is no excuse for poor attitude and a lack of effort.

anybody actually thought that maybe fryatt actually WANTS to leave?? so why keep a player who wants to go .

Hear, hear. The best thing anyone could do for me when I left that stadium after the Wolves game would be to say that in August there will be 11 completely new players to see. My attitude then was that the lot of them could feck off and nothing has changed my mind on that.

Although reading the Mercury this morning, MA seems to be rethinking his decisions to transfer list 6 no hopers. That would be his second error after getting Stowell back.

Although reading the Mercury this morning, MA seems to be rethinking his decisions to transfer list 6 no hopers. That would be his second error after getting Stowell back.

All credit to him. If he thinks that there are players there that have shown the commitment that he wants then I say we should give them a go. He's the manager, he knows what he's looking for.

I was sorry to see MDV go. I think he would be well worth a try in the new look Leicester City. It seems that his time abroad has been well spent.

All credit to him. If he thinks that there are players there that have shown the commitment that he wants then I say we should give them a go. He's the manager, he knows what he's looking for.

I was sorry to see MDV go. I think he would be well worth a try in the new look Leicester City. It seems that his time abroad has been well spent.

MDV who has a better goalscoring record than fat matt! many people don't want to lose matty and would hate to have mcleod as he is unproven, when has matty proven himself? he scored a few (note; few) goals against rather shit oposition but he was probably good on football manager so everyone thinks he is capable of scoring 50 goals a season and then after back to back premiership wins leicester sell him for £25m and buy Freddy Adu and Wayne Rooney to conquer europe....

get a feckin grip lads, we'd be swapping one rather mediocre player for one who everyone assumes will be no better than mediocre

Fryatt was a disgrace last season, unfit, unmotivated and lacking any desire to haul his sorry fat arse above the mediocrity and ill discipline that blighted Kelly's reign.

I don't doubt that Fryatt could still be a success in this division, but that is unlikely to be with us, he needs a fresh challenge and new surroundings, it is as much down to personal problems as it is professional, but IMO we have to sell now. He will nhever recapture the form of the season before with us, too much has gone on.

It is clearly apparent that Mandaric and Allen are as keen to reward attitude as equally as ability...

The above is a brilliant analysis. Abolutely spot on. I was as keen as anyone on Fryatt after his first season with us, but read the quote above - and see again why he HAS to be moved on. Just my opinion folks...

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally disagree with this negativity to Fryatt.

I would give him one last chance. For him to be sold, in effort to a bring a striker who has a similar track record seems silly to me.

I personally disagree with this negativity to Fryatt.

I would give him one last chance. For him to be sold, in effort to a bring a striker who has a similar track record seems silly to me.

but there is a chance that mcleod may step up to this level, while fryatt has shown he isn't up to it at the moment

Totally believe this story. The vibes around the Wolves bid for Fryatt were that the offer wasn't enough but we want to sell. It's also clear that Allen wants McLeod as well as Campbell.

At his best, Fryatt is a reasonably talented forward. Probably more talented than McLeod. The problem is that we've seen precious little of Fryatt at his best and that's mainly down to Fryatt himself rather than any injuries he may have suffered. He has caused the off the field problems and he is responsible for the fact that he's not been match fit enough since he joined us. I'd take £1.2m for him and let him frustrate people elsewhere.

I can see McLeod and Campbell up front for us against Blackpool with Hume on the bench. Allen knows both forwards and they've both consistently delivered the goods for him. I'm happy with Allen's judgement on this if it pans out this way. Both are quick and fiery and, if they click together in this league, could be a very effective pairing. Hume and Cort would offer something different and be good alternative options.

I cant believe some of you lot are against signing a bloke who scored 28 goals last season! Ok it would be a big step up but he's young and worked with MA before, therefore give him a chance!! I think MA knows him better than any of you lot, and if he thinks he's good enough thats good enough for me. None of you know what Fraytt is like other than he's done nothing since he joined leicester so why give him another go and not McLeod??

After last season i would have thought anyone who has potential to score goals would be accepted with open arms! Some of you have short memories:102:

Good posts Brown nose & Backdoor Ad.:038::038:

I think Matty Fryatt had enough chances last season to prove to fans that he is worthy of a permanent role as a LCFC striker but unfortunately he let us all down.
If we can get a good fee for him then there is no reason why we should keep him, even if McLeod or DJC doesn't sign I am sure Fryatt will not be missed that much.

:038: well said, too many times have we gone against a player only for them to leave and become a quality player - Mark Bright definately springs to mind. Fryatt has not exactly set the world on fire but then again none of the players we have had in in the past four seasons have. the last time we had a glut of strikers was Dickov, Bent and Ferdinand. If only we could have defended PROPERLY then we would not have gone down that season, in fact we threw away 29 points from either being in front and drawing or drawing and losing, in the final few minutes. I will never forget the 3-3 at the Boro my worst nightmare came true that day - I am not bitter though and the recovery has been a long one.
I am sure MA will do well with us and he will make mistakes, but he could make any more mistakes than T****R :098:.
I cant believe some of you lot are against signing a bloke who scored 28 goals last season! Ok it would be a big step up but he's young and worked with MA before, therefore give him a chance!! I think MA knows him better than any of you lot, and if he thinks he's good enough thats good enough for me. None of you know what Fraytt is like other than he's done nothing since he joined leicester so why give him another go and not McLeod??

After last season i would have thought anyone who has potential to score goals would be accepted with open arms! Some of you have short memories:102:

but there is a chance that mcleod may step up to this level, while fryatt has shown he isn't up to it at the moment

But McLeod had a chance at this level and looked out of his depth. Fryatt when fit and in the right frame of mind is superb.

This afternoon, he looked interested if a bit raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00