Fryatt Out, McLeod In !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much impressed by this, hoping it's some kind of ploy to get Brum's asking price for DJC down a bit.

Which is probably about the same number as I have - or anyone on this whole feckin' forum, but suddenly he is universally heralded as being the new Trevor Benjamin :icon_roll

I've not seen him enough of him to make a judgement, and he certainly wouldn't have been on my shopping list - but I have seen Matt Fryatt play plenty of times and know that he's not feckin' good enough

:038:

Which is probably about the same number as I have - or anyone on this whole feckin' forum, but suddenly he is universally heralded as being the new Trevor Benjamin :icon_roll

I've not seen him enough of him to make a judgement, and he certainly wouldn't have been on my shopping list - but I have seen Matt Fryatt play plenty of times and know that he's not feckin' good enough

If your on about MDV getting a second chance, then what about Fryatt? :102:

IMO Fryatt doesn't need a second chance, in the games I have seen him play you can tell that he has got natural ability and is naturally a footballer.

Out of our strikers last season, he had by far the best control and awareness, given that about 7 of the other players in the team were nothing short of a joke, he had nothing to work with. Before you say Hume score 14 or whatever, they are completely different players, Hume creates his chances, likes to play deeper than a striker and is more known for his long range shooting rather than his finishing.

With a decent midfield, which it looks like we may have with Clemence, Kish and Kaebi and possibly a left winger, Fryatt will score a lot more goals. Fryatt is a striker who given a chance will put it away, he thrives on good service from the team and link up play with the second striker, and I am confident that next season we will see Matty Fryatt towards the top of the goal scoring charts in The Championship, I am really hoping that it will be for LCFC but it is looking increasingly likely that it will be for Preston or Wolves.

Please Martin, DO NOT sell Matty Fryatt!!! :icon_sad:

DJ is on his way inspite of this IMO.

This POSSIBLE deal, with McLeod coming in, if Fryatt goes out; would seem to be IN ADDITION to Campbell coming - contacts at the Birmingham Evening Mail say the Campbell deal IS DONE !
Oh and by the way, I've been speaking with another contact in Football Admin at 'the Dons' today - he says the City 'provisional offer' (all but agreed by Pete Winkelman) is actually £900k, plus another £300k for appearances, plus £300k for international caps (not so strange - there are already McLeod links with a National team in the Caribbean - I don't know which one)

IMO Fryatt doesn't need a second chance, in the games I have seen him play you can tell that he has got natural ability and is naturally a footballer.

Out of our strikers last season, he had by far the best control and awareness, given that about 7 of the other players in the team were nothing short of a joke, he had nothing to work with. Before you say Hume score 14 or whatever, they are completely different players, Hume creates his chances, likes to play deeper than a striker and is more known for his long range shooting rather than his finishing.

With a decent midfield, which it looks like we may have with Clemence, Kish and Kaebi and possibly a left winger, Fryatt will score a lot more goals. Fryatt is a striker who given a chance will put it away, he thrives on good service from the team and link up play with the second striker, and I am confident that next season we will see Matty Fryatt towards the top of the goal scoring charts in The Championship, I am really hoping that it will be for LCFC but it is looking increasingly likely that it will be for Preston or Wolves.

Bang on the money, that.

Agreed. :038::038:

How you can say he's not good enough after watching the crap last year when Fryatt was injured all season is beyond me. When he's been fit for us he's been one of our best players.

This POSSIBLE deal, with McLeod coming in, if Fryatt goes out; would seem to be IN ADDITION to Campbell coming - contacts at the Birmingham Evening Mail say the Campbell deal IS DONE !
Oh and by the way, I've been speaking with another contact in Football Admin at 'the Dons' today - he says the City 'provisional offer' (all but agreed by Pete Winkelman) is actually £900k, plus another £300k for appearances, plus £300k for international caps (not so strange - there are already McLeod links with a National team in the Caribbean - I don't know which one)

inetersting stuff otf :)

I work with a couple of season ticket holders at MK Dons, and both of them, whilst agreeing that he had a great season at MK, question whether he has the ability to make the step up to the Championship and still have the same impact.

Keep Fryatt, forget McLeod

All I did was ask the question, via the question mark symbol.

It's ok to debate that point surely? Only an MK Dons season ticket holder would be able to give absolute clarity on his ability currently.

Need to get rid of the dead wood like MDV & Elvis. Any news on Dodds did he accept a new contract :102: If Fryatt is worth £1million+ atm, if we keep him and he has a good season (scores around 15+ then his value will double or even treble). MA please keep him!

All I did was ask the question, via the question mark symbol.

It's ok to debate that point surely? Only an MK Dons season ticket holder would be able to give absolute clarity on his ability currently.

See my previous post!

So why have they released an article today saying the deal is not clear cut - Brum want over £2million for Campbell with Cardiff, Watford and Charlton ready to pounce.

If it was done surely, they wouldn't write an article in that vein because ulimately City or Brum wouldn't be happy about letting ''the cat out of the bag.'' That a deal could be on the rocks, it sends the wrong messages to Mr.Campbell and Mr.Allen because some cnut at Brum City is telling other clubs to bid higher and he could be there's.

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk...objectid=19450526&siteid=50002-name_page.html

Last edited:
How you can say he's not good enough after watching the crap last year when Fryatt was injured all season is beyond me. When he's been fit for us he's been one of our best players.

Not forgetting he was the man that saved us from going down into League 1 when he first signed for us.

IMO selling Fryatt would be taking a step backwards and to replace him with an unproven, expensive gamble, would be taking a further two steps backwards!! If we are going to take a gamble on a striker and use a lot of money on him, then I would much rather see it driven into a deal for Fowler!!

He was born in Birmingham and has already played for England u21s. Doesn't that ban him from playing for other national teams?

Last edited:
i dont think so boc-sorry to make the trevor benjamin comparison again- but didn't he play for the england under 21s (at filbert street) and then go on to play for the jamaican national side?

If you are black you can play for Jamaica, you must have surely worked that one out by now Boc!! ;)

i dont think so boc-sorry to make the trevor benjamin comparison again- but didn't he play for the england under 21s (at filbert street) and then go on to play for the jamaican national side?

You're right; I'm wrong.
:icon_sad:

Last edited:
He was born in Birmingham and has already played for England u21s. Doesn't that ban him from playing for other national teams?

Not if the U21 game was friendly. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670