Fryatt Out, McLeod In !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be the worst decision of LCFC since we signed Elvis 'I'm honestly not a footballer' Hammond for £300,000.

You've done well so far Martin, don't go ****ing it all up now!!

If we're spending £1.5million, then it will definitely be Campbell and someone else

Probably Hume, with Cort as first choice replacement

and where would mcleod fit into the equation?? on the bench??

Not regularly but I have seen him play.

Decent player in League 2 - Nothing more, nothing less

I could understand Fryatt being sold to cover for the signings of Clemence and Campbell but to sell him to free up money for McLeod - seems silly - it's almost like for like.

But that's my opinion, not Allen's and Milan's, so it's worth feck all.

That's exactly what it is - both succeeded at a lower level only

And Allen likes him

I suspected this was the case. Personally I would sooner keep Fryatt but if we were to do this, what is effectively a swap deal, then I would at least be happy that there was no financial loss.

I'm sure Rob Kelly can have to necessary influence on Fryatt to help him to continue in the blistering fashion that he did last year...
I think Allen is probably thinking that anyone who did not perform or may have question marks about their motivation - and I've always felt that this is true of certainly Stearman but probably Fryatt too - he will take no chances on and clear them out, especially if they can command a good price which Fryatt can. I too think that DJ Campbell is a very good forward who is likely, on the evidence of last season, to score whereas with Fryatt and McLeod this is just a hope. My further feeling is that maybe Allen is stepping up his efforts on McLeod because he may be sensing that Cort isn't going to be able to play... he's already being relieved of training duties before he's virtually started!

Totally believe this story. The vibes around the Wolves bid for Fryatt were that the offer wasn't enough but we want to sell. It's also clear that Allen wants McLeod as well as Campbell.

At his best, Fryatt is a reasonably talented forward. Probably more talented than McLeod. The problem is that we've seen precious little of Fryatt at his best and that's mainly down to Fryatt himself rather than any injuries he may have suffered. He has caused the off the field problems and he is responsible for the fact that he's not been match fit enough since he joined us. I'd take £1.2m for him and let him frustrate people elsewhere.

I can see McLeod and Campbell up front for us against Blackpool with Hume on the bench. Allen knows both forwards and they've both consistently delivered the goods for him. I'm happy with Allen's judgement on this if it pans out this way. Both are quick and fiery and, if they click together in this league, could be a very effective pairing. Hume and Cort would offer something different and be good alternative options.

Totally believe this story. The vibes around the Wolves bid for Fryatt were that the offer wasn't enough but we want to sell. It's also clear that Allen wants McLeod as well as Campbell.

At his best, Fryatt is a reasonably talented forward. Probably more talented than McLeod. The problem is that we've seen precious little of Fryatt at his best and that's mainly down to Fryatt himself rather than any injuries he may have suffered. He has caused the off the field problems and he is responsible for the fact that he's not been match fit enough since he joined us. I'd take £1.2m for him and let him frustrate people elsewhere.

I can see McLeod and Campbell up front for us against Blackpool with Hume on the bench. Allen knows both forwards and they've both consistently delivered the goods for him. I'm happy with Allen's judgement on this if it pans out this way. Both are quick and fiery and, if they click together in this league, could be a very effective pairing. Hume and Cort would offer something different and be good alternative options.

I'm with you here. Fryatt was a huge disapointment last season and I can't believe that he will be able to turn that around this season. I quite like the idea of having a bit of pace up front for a change.

I was never convinced that it was just injury last season that meant Fryatt was out of the team, or sh*te when he was in the team! If there is a question mark over his motivation etc., then Allen's judgement is that he ships him out in favour of one that he knows will 'die for the cause'.
Of course on that reckoning Stearman should probably be out the door as well!

IMcL can fcuk off for all I care, he is untried and a complete gamble for us in this league. It is a massive step up from League 2 to Championship and sometime, one too big for players, we've seen how Fryatt has got on, I would say that he has adapted to the Championship but I know others will disagree.

Admittedly, I have never seen IMcL play but from what I have read and herd about him, he isn't going to turn into anything amazing. I have read a few MK Dons fans say he has got the touch of a rapist and just uses his pace to beat defenders, sounds familiar to me and he is probs the worst striker we have!!

At least with Fryatt, he has a footballing brain and does actually play football rather than booting it towards to goal in the air, you can tell by the way he controls the ball and moves that he is a player, given the right guidance could turn in to a very good player.

If this deal were to go through, Fryatt out, IMcL in, then I would be very disappointed just that we have sold Fryatt, if we sold Fryatt and signed IMcL for the same price I would be absolutely mortified!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669