Fryatt

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislcfc18

Sorry if this has been mentioned but before todays match Sven has said that he doesnt understand why Matty has lost his way as he is scoring a lot in training. Well, i can answer that, because your not bloody playing him.
Ok we won convincingly today but wouldnt that have been the ideal chance to give him a run out as there was no pressure.
He isnt the most natural goalscorer but he creates chances out of nothing and i would play him ahead of Waghorn. Not doing his confidence any good sat on the bench match after match and not even getting on

Re: Matty Fryatt

He's not playing because he's not good enough.

What part of that do Leicester City fans not understand?

Sorry if this has been mentioned but before todays match Sven has said that he doesnt understand why Matty has lost his way as he is scoring a lot in training. Well, i can answer that, because your not bloody playing him.
Ok we won convincingly today but wouldnt that have been the ideal chance to give him a run out as there was no pressure.
He isnt the most natural goalscorer but he creates chances out of nothing and i would play him ahead of Waghorn. Not doing his confidence any good sat on the bench match after match and not even getting on

I generally agree with you except that I think Matty is a natural goal scorer.

Howard and Waghorn see a chance and try to score. Matty scores before he realises there is a chance.

Natural goal scorers of whom Greaves, Dalgliesh and Lineker are supreme examples rely on muscle memory. Obviously I am not suggesting that Matty comes close to them. A trite example of muscle memory is a good driver who swerves to miss a pedestrian and then wonders how he reacted so quickly. It seems to me that Matty is more likely to score if he does not have time to think about it.

Uncle Connolly you simply say that he is not playing because he is not good enough and asks what part do Leicester fans not understand.
Well I don't understand why you feel he is not good enough.

If Gallagher was left out you might justify it by saying he is not brave enough.
Weale that he gives away silly goals or
Howard that he is too slow.
As a comment to say Fryatt is not playing because he is not good enough is, well, just not good enough.

Uncle Connolly you simply say that he is not playing because he is not good enough and asks what part do Leicester fans not understand.
Well I don't understand why you feel he is not good enough.

As a comment to say Fryatt is not playing because he is not good enough is, well, just not good enough.

Nonsense.
He's offered his opinion as to why he isn't playing, what more would you like from him?

Should we say that you not offering any opinion is also 'not good enough'?

Perhaps Sven has some other, more esoteric reason for not playing him. Perhaps he thinks he's too good to play and doesn't want to upset the other players by being made to look useless in comparison to his stunning skillz.

If Sven thought that Fryatt had been better than Waghorn in training, then he would have got the nod. He didn't, therefore he is not better than Waghorn, Vassell, Howard (suspended today), Gallagher or Bednar. Sell him on to another team where they do not have such good strikers, not to mention midfielders, wingers and flying full backs that can all score goals!

At any one time we have at least 8 on the pitch who can carve an opening and score a goal. We do not need Fryatt.

Go on Sven, ask 'Top' to put his hand in his pocket for Torres, now he has put in a transfer request!

If Sven thought that Fryatt had been better than Waghorn in training, then he would have got the nod. He didn't, therefore he is not better than Waghorn, Vassell, Howard (suspended today), Gallagher or Bednar. Sell him on to another team where they do not have such good strikers, not to mention midfielders, wingers and flying full backs that can all score goals!

At any one time we have at least 8 on the pitch who can carve an opening and score a goal. We do not need Fryatt.

Go on Sven, ask 'Top' to put his hand in his pocket for Torres, now he has put in a transfer request!

Torres has put a transfer request? Since when?

Personally, I think Fryatt is our best striker. But, he's a delicate little flower, and I think is suffering from the poor pre-season (in terms of fitness and the whole DJ debacle) that Sousa provided...

A fit, in-form Fryatt is better than all our other strikers by some distance, and is one of the best in this league (see the start of last season). But, he's too easily knocked off that top form it seems.

I want to see him involved more, but Sven knows best.

I believe you mean Tevez?

Torres has put a transfer request? Since when?

Personally, I think Fryatt is our best striker. But, he's a delicate little flower, and I think is suffering from the poor pre-season (in terms of fitness and the whole DJ debacle) that Sousa provided...

A fit, in-form Fryatt is better than all our other strikers by some distance, and is one of the best in this league (see the start of last season). But, he's too easily knocked off that top form it seems.

I want to see him involved more, but Sven knows best.

Announced on Match of the Day.

Vassell had no pre-season and had not played for 6 months and has managed to gain full match fitness, and win a place in the team. Stop making excuses for Fryatt.

If Fryatt is too 'fragile' then Sven will want rid anyway. He has clearly stated he wants some 'iron' on the pitch. That is the likes of Wellens and Howard, not our 'delicate little flower' Fryatt.

our best striker, HAS to be Vassell... from the moment he moved from right wing/right attack and played as a central forward he was amazing. he's quicker than fryatt, more skilful, stronger, won quite a few headers (kind of gets that ridiculous amount of hang-time like Hume used to)....and with his experience, he is just better. i know Fryatt has had only a few opportunities this season but he's looked slow, crap first touch, weak on the ball, likes to turn about 7 times before shooting - by then it's too late.....when he's in form he's great but right now, he's not making the first team and with vassell getting better and better, i don't think we'll see him start a league game soon.

We obviously struggled without Matty today?
I don't think he has the physical presence t play the lead striker role or enough pace and stamina to play as a wide support striker/winger or whatever the position is called nowadays!
He can be a quality player but if Vassell plays like he did today then I have no worries about him not being involved. It must be tough for him earning that amount of money and not having to play, wish I had such issues!

Yay, another Fryatt thread....see, I said he would become the new DJ :icon_lol:

I still believe that Fryatt is a good championship player but I don't think his style suits Eriksson's footballing philosophy. Fryatt tends to slow play down and take several touches. He is also not particularly mobile. Our recent success has been built on a high tempo game with mobile players.

I was just pointing out that Sven says one thing and then does another. Surely if a player is doing well in training he deserves to have a chance on a Saturday. Obviously Sven is going to pick the players he has brought in but i haven't seen anything in Bednar that suggests he is better than Fryatt, if he is that good a striker then West Brom wouldn't have sent him out on loan.
Vassell is proven quality and he will get better and better. I just think we are heavily reliant on midfielders scoring goals like Gallagher and King when it should be Strikers who get the bulk of the goals. But then i suppose as long as we are winning it doesnt matter

I still believe that Fryatt is a good championship player but I don't think his style suits Eriksson's footballing philosophy. Fryatt tends to slow play down and take several touches. He is also not particularly mobile. Our recent success has been built on a high tempo game with mobile players.

think thats bout right, but i think he is most natural goal scorer shame he hasnt any pace cos the lad can pick a run too

Nonsense.
He's offered his opinion as to why he isn't playing, what more would you like from him?

Should we say that you not offering any opinion is also 'not good enough'?

Perhaps Sven has some other, more esoteric reason for not playing him. Perhaps he thinks he's too good to play and doesn't want to upset the other players by being made to look useless in comparison to his stunning skillz.

Clearly Uncle Connolly feels Fryatt is not good enough and you agree with him. I would like to know whether you or Uncle C feel it is lack of pace or strength or other attribute that makes him not good enough.

Luckily we have some thoughtful posts from Olip6 in post 11, Merlynov in post 12 and Micky in post 15. They have given reasons why they feel Fryatt is not good enough.

I found the comments by opip6 especially interesting. Yesterday the team looked better when Bednar was replaced by Dyer. This may not just have been about Dyer since Vassall caused great problems when he switched position.

Judging by yesterdays game Vassall is currently our best striker. Obviously I will give reasons for this. His positional play is excelent his work rate is good and above all he has a pace which our other strikers lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669