FT five a side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willlow said:
Well done to everybody yesterday, cracking day. Im surprised that Brauny fox hasnt said anything about his goal and MK has mentioned his thunder bolt of a shot that hit the cross bar. :p

Was it 30 or 40 yards :smt033 .O K i confess it was more like 3 or 4 but it made me think i was Ronaldo for a few seconds :smt029

lazzer said:
damn technology :D what i meant to ask was how is it invested were does the money go? what happens on any returns on this investment?
do recieve expenses for doing this work ?

The money is invested in shares in Leicester City. The club will then spend the money on whatever they decide to spend it on.

The only chance of getting any return on the investment would be if the club made a profit, and paid a dividend. That's not going to happen.

The Foxes Trust board are all volunteers working in their own time.

hello webbo no show yesterday? so you could say then that money raised sunday could go towards a players £20000 a week then ?

lazzer said:
hello webbo no show yesterday?

Sorry, I was too busy.

so you could say then that money raised sunday could go towards a players £20000 a week then ?

Or it could go towards paying for a coach for the youth academy..or it could go towards paying for Paul Mace's company car.

I'm sure Mr FT will be able to clarify the situation. I think they'll have an idea where they want the money to go, but once the club has got it I'm not sure there's any way of knowing exactly what it's spent on.

Even if you don't approve of where any investment is spent by the club, the more shares that are held by the FT, the more influence supporters will have in the way the club is run.

webmaster said:
lazzer said:
damn technology :D what i meant to ask was how is it invested were does the money go? what happens on any returns on this investment?
do recieve expenses for doing this work ?

The money is invested in shares in Leicester City. The club will then spend the money on whatever they decide to spend it on.

The only chance of getting any return on the investment would be if the club made a profit, and paid a dividend. That's not going to happen.

The Foxes Trust board are all volunteers working in their own time.

To confirm Webbo's comments.

The Trust's policy is that any money put into the club will only be done in return for shares. The investment of £20k will move us up to be the 13th largest shareholder in the club & we want to keep moving up that list. (The only exception to this is the Stearman syndicate, but that is 30+ individuals putting in equal amounts, so the Trust itself doesn't fund it).

We encourage the club to utilise the money on the academy, however in reality if goes into the pot of money available to the club. The good thing now is that Craig L is following a long term strategy so we would be equally happy for it to be used on a salary of an 18yo who has been rejected from a larger club & may have a rosy future being developed with us.

One day the club does hope to be able to offer dividends to its shareholders, however these dividends can be used to obtain further shares in the club (so re-invested) and that is what the vast majority of the current shareholders would do, including ourselves. We can't see this being in the next few years though.

If we have to buy something, most obvious example being stamps then those costs are refunded to the person who bought them. Other than that I can only think of travel costs for attending the annual Supporters Direct conference (where we share knowledge on the most successful way to run Trusts) where expenses are claimed.

FT board members often speak to one another about FT stuff on mobiles & use of our own print cartridges at home - but none of us have ever claimed for these - in reality all board members have actually incurred some costs & not claimed them back & we all still pay our membership fees like every other member.

Its our partners who question all this work for no financial gain!

Thank you for that clarification.I would like to point out that in no way was i questioning your commitment, but merely clarifying what went on.My son played on sunday and he asked the question and i really didnt know the answer.Now i do. :D

lazzer said:
Thank you for that clarification.I would like to point out that in no way was i questioning your commitment, but merely clarifying what went on.My son played on sunday and he asked the question and i really didnt know the answer.Now i do. :D

We didn't think you were - it is a question often in fans heads but never directly asked even at our AGM (although a copy of our accounts were supplied to those attending), therefore you gave us the opportunity to give a full answer

Foxes_Trust said:
lazzer said:
wasnt that a friendly against the electric yetis who only had four players and one was a girl :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well they did win that one, but the 2-0 result I was referring to was a victory over BSS in their final group game

Both scored by a certain Mr.Teeno :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570