Fulham - FA Cup - Wednesday 17th January 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
kick-off 7:45 p.m.

Tickets
EDIT: Initial allocation now sold - a further allocation of 1,500 has now been received and is selling well.
We have been given an initial allocation of 2,000 seats in the Putney End Stand. There is every reason to believe that we will be able to get more tickets from Fulham for this game. They are not well-supported; even less so in the FA Cup and even less so against lower league opposition. We should be able to get tickets for everybody that wants to go!
EDIT: maximum of 6,000 tickets

Tickets are priced at £15 for Adults, £10 for Seniors and £5 for 16 and under, and are on sale from the following dates:

ALL season ticket holders - Wednesday 10th January
Members - Thursday 11th January
General Sale - Friday 12th January

Coaches
FoxTravel will be leaving the Walkers Stadium at 2:30 p.m.
£15.50 STH Adults
£13.50 STH Concessions

£1 more for non STH

Directions
Nearest Underground station is Putney Bridge - a 10-minute walk away. Putney Bridge is on the District Line (Wimbledon Branch). Please note that most Wimbledon Branch trains start from Edgware Road - from many District line stations, it will be necessary to change at Earls Court.

Hammersmith station, served by Hammersmith & City, Piccadilly and District line trains, is a 20-minute walk away or you can catch a 190, 211, 220, 295 bus along Fulham Palace Road.

CottageMap.gif

Many City fans, when faced with a match in London, resort to the Stanmore-then-tube option. This may not be practical for this match because Stanmore station car-park will still be full of commuters at the time City fans would be arriving. If you do choose this option, take the Jubilee Line to Westminster and then the District Line (an additional change of trains may be required at Earls Court)to Putney Bridge. Alternatively, take the Jubilee Line to Bond Street, then Central Line to Notting Hill Gate, for a District Line train direct to Putney Bridge. Journey time is just over the hour - even in the event of extra-time and penalties, it will still be possible to get back to Stanmore after the game.

The Internet Football Ground Guide suggests that free parking is available in the evening in the streets around the ground. My advice would be to arrive early or be prepared to park some way away.

Travel from Leicester via:
M1 to the very end
A406 (North Circular Road) West
A40 towards Central London, but instead of going onto the A40(M), turn tight onto the A306 to Shepherds Bush and the A219 to Hammersmith - then follow the map above.

Alternatively, stay on the North Circular Road until you reach the A4. Turn left onto the A4 towards Central London. After just over 2 miles, take the slip-road to the left (avoiding the flyover) for the A219, following the map above.

Trains
The last train from St Pancras to Leicester leaves at 23:15. In the event of extra-time, it is probable that you would have to leave before the end of the extra 30 minutes to ensure you catch this train - you definitely would have to leave before any penalty shoot-out. If you do think that there won't be a need for extra time, tickets are still available at £6 for the outward journey but £20 for the return on that last train.

There is also a National Express coach from Victoria Coach Station at 23:20 - probably late enough to stay for the whole of extra time but not for penalties. The big plus is that if you don't think it will come to penalties, you can use this service to get to London and back for only £5 (today's prices!)

Pubs
The Crabtree in Rainville Road has been a popular pub with away fans in the past - about 10 minutes north of the ground - although it is not particularly handy for fans arriving by tube at Putney Bridge. Fans arriving there might prefer to cross the river and use any of the several pubs in that area.

Alternatively, get off the underground at Fulham Broadway and walk along the Fulham Road to the ground, passing (and calling at?) several pubs on the way. Fulham fans tend to reserve their ire for QPR fans and are usually welcoming of others wherever they drink.

Useful street map at: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=523650&Y=176666&A=Y&Z=2

Last edited:
A few London Branchers will be drinking at The White Horse, 1-3 Parsons Green, SW6 4UL before the game. Nearest tube, Parsons Green, one stop before Putney Bridge. Does food ( a bit pricey, just off The Kings Road ) but a fantastic choice of real ales.

Last edited:
Ill be there. Booked it off work too:icon_razz

me, the klfox & melts are thinking about it

what time are london branch getting to the pub for... am tempted to take the afternoon off work

me, the klfox & melts are thinking about it

what time are london branch getting to the pub for... am tempted to take the afternoon off work

The best seats will no doubt be taken around lunch-time.
:icon_wink

A few London Branchers will be drinking at The White Horse, 1-3 Parsons Green, SW6 4UL before the game. Nearest tube, Parsons Green, one stop before Putney Bridge. Does food ( a bit pricey, just off The Kings Road ) but a fantastic choice of real ales.

There is /was a pub opposite the station,think it was called The Eight Bells:icon_conf .I only know because my brother lives near Putney.Theres lots of pubs on Putney High Street

me and two others going to this. probably on lcfc coaches. should be fun. wish there was a designated away pub. leave at 2.30 means we should be there way before kick off surely

me and two others going to this. probably on lcfc coaches. should be fun. wish there was a designated away pub. leave at 2.30 means we should be there way before kick off surely

If I go it via Fox Travel as it will cut the crap. But 2.30?!? Feck me, be able to do a pub crawl up and down Kings Road and Fulham Palace Road if you get there for around 5.00.

exactly ;)

A question for the people of London, how easy to get from Putney Bridge to Finchley after the match?

No problem - even allowing for the possibility of extra-time and penalties.

theres gonna be a few people having days off around leicestershire that day, 2 of my mates have both just got the go ahead.

how many do you think we can sell, i was hoping more than 2000

theres gonna be a few people having days off around leicestershire that day, 2 of my mates have both just got the go ahead.

how many do you think we can sell, i was hoping more than 2000

Did you read my original post in this thread?

yea i know we can have more tickets i mean how many city faithful do you think will make the journey, i always read your informative and priceless posts boc

yea i know we can have more tickets i mean how many city faithful do you think will make the journey, i always read your informative and priceless posts boc

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

I would surprised if we take less than 3,000. It might even be a lot more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566