Fulham - FA Cup - Wednesday 17th January 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that the coach prices haven't been revealed because the coach company and LCFC are still negotiating or, because this will be MM free treat as some of the other new chairman have done ???

Darth Vodka, Melton and me are pretty much confirmed now :038:

Just need to arrange drinking times and meet up :eek:

There is /was a pub opposite the station,think it was called The Eight Bells:icon_conf .I only know because my brother lives near Putney.Theres lots of pubs on Putney High Street

The Eight Bells is a mixed pub, but not very big - normally a big overspill onto the pavement, not too nice if it's a wet night! Most of the pubs along from Putney Bridge onto Fulham Palace Road normally operate a strict home fans only policy. Over the river there are several that welcome away fans, but you need to allow 30 minutes to get to the ground.

All entrances to the ground are on the same side - stevenage Road. Away ones are 1-13, the first block you get to when you come out of the park. Away seats are the far end of the Putney stand (unless we take all 6'000!)

After the game the whole of the Putney & Riverside stands leave via the same exit so it can take some time to get out, and it can take a fair bit longer to get back to the station than it took coming through the park because of the numbers going that way. The tunnel under the bridge often gets very congested - if it looks bad quicker to go up to the top & cross mthe road that way. There are likely to be police-organised queues to get onto the station. So getting back for the last train is likely to take a bit longer than getting to the ground

Parking in the streets either side of the Fulham Palace Road is free after 6.30 (residents only and/or cash & flash before that) but obviously quite full in the evening. The ones to the north side are usually easier, but are a bit of a maze. The streets very near the ground are usually closed off by the police to anyone without a residents permit. Single yellows on the main Fulham Palace Road operate till 7, and there is normally no problem getting on them between then & about 7.20. Traffic congestion after the game is pretty bad - everyone is trying to use the one road.

Very little fast food near the ground - there is a chippy on the main road just up from the station and that's about it. The council don't allow food vans in the street by the ground. There is a good burger/hotdog barbecue in Bishops park outside the cafe, but queues get a bit long.

Everyone to OG's house then

You are all most welcome. There is a small porch you can stand under if wet. Please try not to disturb the cat. I will leave a communal can of lager out for you. :icon_lol:

Last edited:
I have just received a cash injection, I'm considering this on my own...is that sad?

No, heroic. I will be going on my own too - other members of the family will be elsewhere in the ground

Well that's what I was thinking, as long as there is someone on the other side.
If you're defo going, I'll pm you my mobile number and we can arrange when and where

Darth Vodka, Melton and me are pretty much confirmed now :038:

Just need to arrange drinking times and meet up :eek:

I will be Fox Travelling :icon_cool but I will be available for a pre/half time beverage/pie.

I will be Fox Travelling :icon_cool but I will be available for a pre/half time beverage/pie.

Who are you going with Smelly Hunt?
I am meeting one of my mates tomorrow, who is getting his and my ticket, to give him the money.If you fancy coming with us then try and get the money too me tomorrow.

Who are you going with Smelly Hunt?
I am meeting one of my mates tomorrow, who is getting his and my ticket, to give him the money.If you fancy coming with us then try and get the money too me tomorrow.

I'm going with YOBO_21 and another mate. Are you Fox Travelling as well mate?

I'm going with YOBO_21 and another mate. Are you Fox Travelling as well mate?

Yeah think so.Hopefully I have got the week off next week so looking forward to this wihout having to ring in sick for work to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669