Fulham player ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fully agree with you, Williams should be ashamed of himself when all the rest of the team put so much effort into it. Not sure but I don't think he left the centre circle today. Very disappointed with him especially after some good performancesfrom him recently I would have thought that he would have wanted to show his skills and endevour in front of a premiership manager.

Can't agree - he spent a lot of time just in front of the defence, and I think was a major reason for us keeping Brown & Voltz quiet for much of the game, especially first half. Made a couple of great passes out of defence to set the front 2 away. One in particular where he actually pointed out to Hume exactly where he was going to paly the ball, but Hume (as so often) set off round the other side of a defender.

:038: :038: :038: Porter gets better and better every time I see him.

Absolutely - was really impressed. Pity there wasn't more of a target in the box for him to put crosses to in the first half. Brilliant set-up for the second equaliser. Laughed when I heard the comentator on MoTD say he out-muscled that great big full back!

My moment of the match was him winning a heading duel with Routledge - probably the first time he has come up against someone near his own height:icon_bigg

Porter was superb, as was McAuley. I think he is RK's best signing yet. Reads the game superbly, good touch, good distribution and even looked pretty decent coming forward.
Hughes, Fryatt, Paddy Mac were also very good. Best game Paddy has played for a while I think.
Williams was a bit too lazy although still showed glimpses.
But we didnt have a bad player on the park and its the first time in a while thats been the case!!

Porter was superb, as was McAuley. I think he is RK's best signing yet. Reads the game superbly, good touch, good distribution and even looked pretty decent coming forward.
Hughes, Fryatt, Paddy Mac were also very good. Best game Paddy has played for a while I think.
Williams was a bit too lazy although still showed glimpses.
But we didnt have a bad player on the park and its the first time in a while thats been the case!!

McAuley is player of the season for me - I know there isn't a great deal of competion BTW,.;)

Henderson 6-still looks shaky and unconvincing
Maybury 6-didn't do much wrong but made little contribution
McAuley 8-inspired decision by RK imo-pre-match i thought he was going to be skinned by radzinksi all day, but he barely put a foot wrong-motm
Kisnorbo 7-looked fairly solid though sometimes caught by the throw balls
McCarthy 7-also solid and did well to recover the ball after routledge had messed up his chance
Porter 7.5-also had a good game and is beginning to take on defenders more and more-keep it up!
Hughes 7.5-much improved imo-had a lot more fight about him
Tiatto 6-out of it really-did little to break the play up
Williams 7-i know he may appear lazy but he still is our most creative outlet and dictates most of our attacks
Hume 6.5-worked hard but never looked a real threat-really should have scored with his chance
Fryatt 8-may not of scored but looked more up for it today, and his off the ball work and hold up play was superb-now all he needs to do is recover his goal scoring form

Wesolowski 6.5-didn't do too badly maybe could have closed down Voltz for their second
Cadamarteri 7 two good contributions for the goals but did little for the team apart from that

Last edited:
Went to the game yesterday gotta say best we played all season..showed passion fight back to the gd old days :biggrin: gotta say @ time the kop was buzzing was brillant being there :) anyway my ratings
Henderson 6- Didn't have much to do.. couldn't do much bout the goals
Maybury 7- got forward and linked wit porter well
McAuley 8- My god wot a performance. for a CB playing RB he was outstanding. Got forward and supported the play well and wasn't found lackinf defendering either
Kisnorbo 8- Solid as usual. Gd header for his goal:biggrin:
McCarthy 7 1/2- Was solid aswell wit kisnorbo. made some important clearances
Porter 9 MOTM- Wot a player we have got!. Left the right back in pieces for the match. Brillant work for the our 2nd goal he can only get better :038:
Hughes 7- Had one off his better games got stuck in and passed well.
Tiatto 6- Typical tiatto perfomance fight and passion
Williams 5- Now he was dissapointing in my eyes. Didn't really seem up for the game:mad:
Hume 6- Would off been a 7 if only he didn't miss his sitter :018: terrible and seemed to have lose confidence after that but before that showed the hume we know and love
Fryatt 7- This was more like it from him showed showed he can play and run after the ball and put pressure on. Was a bit dissapointed as he seemed 2 hav given up a little wen they scored but no one is perfect :icon_razz

Wesolowski 6- Cant really give him a rating. didn't really do much wen came on beside showing his tackling ability
Cadamarteri 8- Wot can i say :biggrin: looks hungry for it and pure class for his goal well played :icon_bigg

Tiatto should also get a mention. Since he moved into central midfield he has been a rock. He makes the big tackles and keeps it simple in his passing. Whilst one or two do go astray he often puts through great passes to Porter or down the channels for Hume or Fryatt. Whilst he will never be a Neil Lennon, he certainly gives our misdfield some bite.

Always thought that Tiatto would be at his best for us in the middle of the park.

Henderson 5
Maybury 5
McAuley 7
Kisnorbo 7
McCarthy 6
Porter 9
Hughes 4
Tiatto 7
Williams 7
Hume 6
Fryatt 7

Wesolowski 6
Cadamarteri 10 MOTM

People may not get Hughes, but for 60 minutes I thought he was excellent......His fitness may be an issue due to his recent flu.

Before the game I was saying to my son that it would be interesting to see how some players reacted to playing against a classier outfit. I think that yesterday demonstrated the problem with Hughes - and some of the others too - that they are more suited in their natural style of play, physique etc to playing the kind of football you get even mid table in the Prem, rather than the staple fare served up by even the better Championship sides. A few years ago there would be a fair number of teams in this division that played football, now its mainly stifle, clog, hoof.

Before the game I was saying to my son that it would be interesting to see how some players reacted to playing against a classier outfit. I think that yesterday demonstrated the problem with Hughes - and some of the others too - that they are more suited in their natural style of play, physique etc to playing the kind of football you get even mid table in the Prem, rather than the staple fare served up by even the better Championship sides. A few years ago there would be a fair number of teams in this division that played football, now its mainly stifle, clog, hoof.

I think maybe West Ham last season could testify to that. Hughes has looked a better footballer against higher opposition, same applies to De Vries and Williams.

:038: Totally agree OG I was saying the same to a couple of mates I sit with.

To be at the top of the tree, you need to be better than those at the bottom of the tree. If you can't manage that, you're not meant to be at the top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669