Fulop Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a fantastic idea and one, that I suspect, has not even crossed his mind, not even for a minute

I'm going to email him and suggest it to him - I'll let you know how it goes :038:

You pish taker Homey!

Well thats it then..................the only consistant player we had and that Irish tw** knows it and hes gonna cash in

Never liked the Irish TW** for years and now its hatred..... oh for f**ks sake it cant get much worse or can it>>>>>:bang:

11/4 for the drop at Betfair, hope everyone's Razzle auctions are going well on eBay

Looking at this rationally:

we were fortunate to have Fulop on loan;
there is a transfer window coming up and the opportunity to bid for him or another competent keeper.

I take for granted that we haven't got a near adequate keeper on the books once Fulup has gone - tho' I have never seen Neilson play.

Unfortunately only bad news comes out of The Walkers these days - and I confidently say that ether we will carry on in this vein and get relegated or alternatively things will improve! It took me a long time to work that out.

Looking at this rationally:

we were fortunate to have Fulop on loan;
there is a transfer window coming up and the opportunity to bid for him or another competent keeper.

I take for granted that we haven't got a near adequate keeper on the books once Fulup has gone - tho' I have never seen Neilson play.
Unfortunately only bad news comes out of The Walkers these days - and I confidently say that ether we will carry on in this vein and get relegated or alternatively things will improve! It took me a long time to work that out.

consider yourself lucky!

oh good, now we will DEFINATELY go down FFS!!!!!!!

It's no use blaming Keane for this. Sunderland aren't doing very well right now. With Wigan improving they are looking like a Championship team next year. Maybe Keane thinks that Fulop can play a part in avoiding that scenario for Sunderland.

Bad news for us undoubtedly, but almost to be expected the way our fortunes have gone this year. I'm really not looking forward to the Wolves match. I just hope Holloway can fire them up for this one. Without Fulop that's going to take some doing. Morale must be at rock bottom right now.

Its bad news Fulop has gone, and he will be missed. He's been very solid in goal, and probably player of the season.But everyone seems to agree Henderson is good enough as a number 2. so as long as he can perform for 4 or 5 games till we can get another number 1 in in january i don't think things will be too bad.

Henderson is a decent keeper, and a good shot stopper. I think it will be hard for him coming in after Fulop, who was undoubtably better, but still i think he can do the job for now. after all he has played with the majoruity of the defence quite a few times.

However it is imperitive to the long term success of the club to get a top quality goalkeeper in. If Fulop is available in january he would obviously be first choice. If not why not look at keepers like Flahavan from southend or Jimmy Walker from West Ham.

Hardly a glowing refernce really is it?, especially when you consider where we are because of it!!

I think you're being a little unfair Melts. Sure, our defence has leaked a few lately, but we're where we are because of our failure to create chances and score goals more than our defensive lapses. We still have one of the tightest defences in this league, it's our lack of goals that has cost us IMO. :102:

I think you're being a little unfair Melts.
No I'm not, Henderson is a fcuking crap goalkeeper, and it's only since Fulop has been playing that our defense has shown some stability.

When Hendo is in goal our whole back line looks like a scene from the Keystone Cops when crosses are coming in.

Merc is saying Fulop is here until the start of January anyway, so it's not an immediate problem.

Means Holloway at least has a little bit of time to try and find a replacement. Or for us to make a move to sign Fulop permanently.

No I'm not, Henderson is a fcuking crap goalkeeper, and it's only since Fulop has been playing that our defense has shown some stability.

When Hendo is in goal our whole back line looks like a scene from the Keystone Cops when crosses are coming in.

Well if you want to argue about it you're not being unfair then. :icon_bigg

there's a possibility that Sunderland are playing a cute piece of gamesmanship here...IH was on the phone to Keane last week as he openly stated...no doubt Fulop was an integral part of the conversation and no doubt an interest in signing him was also tabled...

By recalling Fulop any pre-agreed permanent move price may now be off the table...upping the ante and getting a significantly better price if they let him go in January....we've also got Ollie telling the Mercury QPR are chasing some of his targets....Fulop one of them?

maybe the rumoured Kavanagh deal also plays a part?

any sense in this theory...or just (misplaced?) optimism and we are simply just f***ed without our one shining star....

I've never seen a blue Santa before, are they common in Stockholm? I guess it's so cold over there even his suit turns blue? :icon_bigg

-5 at the moment and falling, not quite as warm as you've got it in Oz mate... but the only thing turning blue is my bastard language at the latest downturn in our miserable season...think the blue santa was nicked of an English non-league club website last year....ho f***ckin' ho....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566