Gelson Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waxed

Christ, what on earth does he need to do to get into the squad? His omissions this season are obviously for a reason, but I can't understand why. Sven didn't seem to favour him towards the end of his tenure and Pearson certainly hasn't so far.

He has the experience, pedigree and quality to trump anybody in the current midfield, although I accept that King is a far more obvious choice on the bench for his attacking qualities if he isn't in the starting XI.

Wellens and Dyer have got away with below par performances since their second seasons here, King has been dropped on a handful of occasions, the jury remains out on Danns, Abe still hasn't quite proven himself on a consistent basis and Johnson obviously isn't quite the player he once was. Something has to give, somewhere.

At the start of the season, Fernandes was one of our brightest players; classy, intelligent and useful in most areas of the pitch. How he's not even involved now is beyond me.

It's amazing how some players' supposed ability can go through the roof when they're not playing, it was the same a few weeks back with Dyer, but now he's been brought back into the side and everyone's remembered he isn't all that people have shut up about it. He had 2 good games when he first came against Coventry and Reading in which he put himself about a lot but actually did very little productively in doing so and has done very little since.

Meh. Decent ball winner and all but let's not pretend he's a season changer in the waiting.

Last edited:
I wouldn't try to suggest that, but he has to offer more than Wellens in the middle. Even against Southampton I thought Fernandes was useful again - in fact, didn't he run about 40 yards to keep the ball in which lead to a goal? I know there's more to life than running around like a headless chicken, but he's more than that. You can't completely lose those technical abilities which have led you to a World Cup and Manchester City.

ManCity fans hated him, search their forums, there's plenty who have called him one of the worst players they've ever seen for them. As for the World Cup, meh, Abe and Pantsil did even better at the WC and they're not all that either.

I wish people would stop all these playing at the World Cup/in the Prem automatically makes you a good player, because it doesn't. There's plenty of players who are decent cogs in PL/international sides who are really medicore Championship players ability wise.

Last edited:
He was having what looked like a fitness test before the Ipswich game. When I saw Stringer had tweeted the line-up I wanted to yell at him to get back in the dressing room as he wasn't going to be participating that day!

I wish people would stop all these playing at the World Cup/in the Prem automatically makes you a good player, because it doesn't. There's plenty of players who are decent cogs in PL/international sides who are really medicore Championship players ability wise.
Are you saying some of the superstars who represent the Democratic People's Republic of Korea wouldn't walk into any team in the world?

I agree about Fernandes, I think he's looked a good player (certainly better than Wellens) in the games I've seen him in.

Would expect him and Johnson to go back to their parent clubs soon though (Pearson maybe wants to bring in other people first). Have either of them played even a minute since NP returned?

I agree about Fernandes, I think he's looked a good player (certainly better than Wellens) in the games I've seen him in.

Would expect him and Johnson to go back to their parent clubs soon though (Pearson maybe wants to bring in other people first). Have either of them played even a minute since NP returned?

I don't understand why we have Michael Johnson and Michael Ball on the books. I thought that they came here to get match fit and play - but they seem to be in a sort of semi retired limbo.

Fernandes looked useful and energetic when he got on the pitch but why he is so far out of the picture now is difficult to comprehend. Except there were stories when Sven got the chop that Fernandes would probably return to France.

I don't understand why we have Michael Johnson and Michael Ball on the books. I thought that they came here to get match fit and play - but they seem to be in a sort of semi retired limbo.

Fernandes looked useful and energetic when he got on the pitch but why he is so far out of the picture now is difficult to comprehend. Except there were stories when Sven got the chop that Fernandes would probably return to France.

Did he take a shit in Milan's car?

Not sure that he would get punished for that these days - but maybe he is not seen as fully committed to the range of great value duty free products associated with the King Power brand.

I've heard he took liberties on his way through Bangkok, helped himself to a couple of litre bottles of blue label Smirnoff

Fernandes was brought on for about 5 mins from the end against Blackpool. Johnson hasn't though

Going, going, err, gone.

John Percy @John__Percy
Gelson Fernandes is flying to hold talks with #Udinese tonight. #LCFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675