Gelson Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on FT claims they were at the training ground earlier and the player himself confirmed he was off to Udinese.

Unbelieveable that NP preferred Wellens/King to giving this lad a chance when the former was obviously not working, i hope hes got a replacement lined up

What worries me more is that it appears that NP doesn't think that there's anything wrong with King or Wellens, in all of his interviews he seems to think that it is all a mental problem and just needs to get the players' mindsets sorted out and they will start to play with a positive attitude and this will change the results.

I'm sure he's better at the job than me but I think it's going to take more than just a change in psyche to sort this mess out.

Unbelieveable that NP preferred Wellens/King to giving this lad a chance when the former was obviously not working, i hope hes got a replacement lined up

Why would he have a replacement lined up for someone that never plays? This is like when people thought that Dany N'Guessan's departure meant that Sven had a "striker lined up."

This is the same player that struggled to be an automatic choice under Sven, the man who signed him but now he is leaving he becomes world class, I am almost certain Pearson will have a replacement, who is far better suited to the rigours of the championship, lined up.

Why are people so concerned about Gelson getting into the team? Why not Johnson, or Danns, or Abe?

Why are people so concerned about Gelson getting into the team? Why not Johnson, or Danns, or Abe?

I'd say pedigree and a few good appearances at the start of the season.

However, two general points.

If Udinese are interested, Gelson would go regardless (look at their league position, they are having a superb season in Serie A).
Pearson would be a little mental letting go of another midfielder without something in the offing. I think from the offset a problem has been realised in the middle.

Strong indications that Johnson is going to be sent back to MCFC and Abe is looking to return to the J-League leaves us with Danns who NP doesn't seem interested in playing and the 2009 midfield, which isn't performing.

Get rid of every single one of the ****ers, all replaceable by a quick trip to Sunday league matches.

Why should we care? Fernanades is rubbish. Get rid of all the midfield and buy more.

OK, but should we not be asking why a top Italian team thinks that a player, from whom we cannot get a decent performance, is worth signing? :102:

Unbelievable? Sven also overlooked him for Wellens and King in almost every game remember.

Lets also not forget the fact days before Pearson arrived he stated in the foreign press that "I want to leave Leicester, I no longer have a place after Sven left. I'm open to offers. I just want have fun". The same article published a few days before Pearson returned also mentioned the fact Udinese wanted him... and guess where he has gone.

Coincidence... or been lined up since Sven got sacked?

Can't cut it in the hurly burly championship. Overrated and only here for the one season. Not worth keeping IMO.

NP has spoken a lot about positive attitudes and team spirit. I assume that those who haven't been anywhere near the team are not interested in being LCFC players.

From what I've seen of him and Danns, they have flattered to deceive.
When coming on as a sub, they have looked good, when asked to perform from the start, that's a different matter.

January is where Pearson will make or break this team, he will get funds for the transfer window, it all depends who he brings in! Corrans would be an immediate impact IMO, I just hope he does'nt for the likes of Hobbs Fryatt Waggy and co, they are IMO a step backwards.

From what I've seen of him and Danns, they have flattered to deceive.
When coming on as a sub, they have looked good, when asked to perform from the start, that's a different matter.

I think you are probably right. I've seen both play cameo roles as subs and thought they showed a lot of energy - but Danns can't hold down a place in the side. As people have posted its been well aired that Fernandes doesn't want to play for post-Sven City and its for the best that he is shipped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669