General Election June 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not enough time for Labour to ditch Jezza.

Lib Dems lost with their wettest leader in years.

UKIP with no reason to be.

This could see Labour disappear. It could see a 1 party state.

Time for someone to start UKIN. They could even win the election.

Will be fun watching from the outside - as the French election has been.

Smart move from the Tories.

I wonder which bunch of lying ****s I should vote for this time...

In times of uncertainty, national crisis and even LCFC winning something, the one constant in life is that the Tories always act in accordance with their base instinct for self-preservation, and misrepresent it as being in the Nation's interest.

I'll do what I always do - vote for the candidate with the biggest jugs

I've just listened to her statement and ended up screaming at the TV. Then I saw the response from Corbyn and I screamed at the TV again. If the twats in charge of the Lib Dems or UKIP appear later, no doubt I'll scream at them too.

What a total mess we're in. I refuse to vote for any of the morons. I might have to stand myself to have someone to get behind!

I've just listened to her statement and ended up screaming at the TV. Then I saw the response from Corbyn and I screamed at the TV again. If the twats in charge of the Lib Dems or UKIP appear later, no doubt I'll scream at them too.

What a total mess we're in. I refuse to vote for any of the morons. I might have to stand myself to have someone to get behind!

Just be careful that Homer doesn't get behind you too.

Uncle Vlad wants chaos in the west as much as any other outcome. This election is just part of what he has won with his successful campaign last year

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Full disclosure. I am a Harold Wilson-Jim Callaghan Labour man. If I had been a member of the Labour Party in 2015 I would have voted for Yvette Cooper. I will only vote Labour because I think they will lose. I believe that after they lose my Labour MP is so unprincipled that he will turn on Corbyn without any hesitation. If I thought Jeremy Corbyn might win or if Labour was opposed to Brexit then I would vote UKIP. From now on I will try and be as unbiased as possible.

In times of uncertainty, national crisis and even LCFC winning something, the one constant in life is that the Tories always act in accordance with their base instinct for self-preservation, and misrepresent it as being in the Nation's interest.

The word "always" is worth avoiding. I would maintain that Neville Chamberlain believed he was acting in the countries interest and his domestic agenda was well intentioned - of course overshadowed by Munich. I would also argue that the Churchill government in the early 1950s was admirable. For me the Macmillan government (1957-63) is forever stained by his contempt for heritage but he genuinely believed in the national self interest.

I do not recall Mrs May using the word "Tory" and she is quite right. To be pedantic the Tories are not standing in this election. The Tory Party along with the Whigs ended in the aftermath of the 1846 repeal of the Corn Laws. To oversimplify the first principle of Toryism was support for the Anglican Church against Dissenters. This evolved into supporting protectionism against the interests of the (often non-conformist) industrialists of the north and midlands. Ike you are probably right to accuse Tory governments of backing their own interests particularly in the 1820s These are not issues on which the Conservatives will be fighting the election.

C96vv0AVYAAqPYM.jpg:large

Thanks for that. I was struggling to decide who to vote for, but that has completely cleared things up for me.

Come on BN. How about some "full disclosure" . You lifted this from an extremist group called The Deep Left. What would you say about somebody who lifted a post from an extremist group calling themselves The Deep Right without acknowledging the source?

Instead of reading "Deep Left" or "Deep Right" you would have been better reading an admirable post :)earlier in the thread which pointed out that there are no Tories (or Whigs) standing in the 2017 election.

I'd prefer deep something

Come on BN. How about some "full disclosure" . You lifted this from an extremist group called The Deep Left.

How do you know where it came from?

A lot of people have used this image in forums, on Twitter, Facebook etc.

I don't know if it's the original, but the version posted in this thread appears to have come from this tweet:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566