Geordies - bad timing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading all the posts about various people being our new manager. It seems that Mike Newell is favourite.

However. The Newcs have sacked Souness this morning. Just got a nasty feeling that any prospective manager would prefer to go there. Darby wasn't a threat, but this could be bad timing.

i dont think they'd risk going for newell or coterill as none of them have prem experience

Kettering Pete said:
I've been reading all the posts about various people being our new manager. It seems that Mike Newell is favourite.

However. The Newcs have sacked Souness this morning. Just got a nasty feeling that any prospective manager would prefer to go there. Darby wasn't a threat, but this could be bad timing.

I don't think the managers we are looking at would be considered for the Newcastle job. I suspect they will look for a big name to come in short term until Shearer is ready to take up the reins.

Personally I think Shearer taking over at Newcastle is a bit like Lennon taking over here, a bit of a daydream that could be tragic if it goes wrong.

I think any manager would think twice about taking on that job. If your name isn't Bobby Robson or Alan shearer it is a poisened chalice. I am not saying that it isn't a more exciting prospect than coming to Leicester, but if I were a manager, I would stay well clear

OH FECK!!!!

I posted on here about Souness a few weeks back as a piss take, dont tell me its going to come true......:mad:

Shearer is big friends with Newell, Hartlepool appointed Newell on Shearers recommendation.

Duzza said:
Shearer is big friends with Newell, Hartlepool appointed Newell on Shearers recommendation.

Why would Newell go there when all of the Newcastle fans would just be waiting for him to step aside for Shearer. I know they would pay him a lot if they wanted him, but I can't see it.

merchant_banker said:
Why would Newell go there when all of the Newcastle fans would just be waiting for him to step aside for Shearer. I know they would pay him a lot if they wanted him, but I can't see it.

Not saying I can see it either. Just stating some facts people may not be aware of.

Freddy Shepherd knows he dropped a bollock by appointing an outsider in Souness last time. The fans will want a high profile appointment and know that a good chunk of them want Alladyce. They won't go for Newell.

theres loads more chance of us picking up souness then them taking newell or cotterill, them bein considered for the newcastle job is ridiculous, you cant put us in the same league as newcastle wen looking for managers!! wake up u dosey cvnts!! newcastle are a massive club with world class players, we are a potential prem team that is actually facing relegation with wank players. GET REAL!

matt_c0nn0lly said:
theres loads more chance of us picking up souness then them taking newell or cotterill, them bein considered for the newcastle job is ridiculous, you cant put us in the same league as newcastle wen looking for managers!! wake up u dosey cvnts!! newcastle are a massive club with world class players, we are a potential prem team that is actually facing relegation with wank players. GET REAL!

OK... Number one no one calls me that, number two, who's comparing? This is a fresh vacancy which may upset the motion of Newell coming here that's all, this is due to Newell's fabulous record of late.

Call me that to my face please.

i can see england recruiting big sam if hes comitted to newcastle at the same time, england need a full time man, which is why i hope newcastle dont appoint allardyce or o'neill as their new boss.

alex said:
OK... Number one no one calls me that, number two, who's comparing? This is a fresh vacancy which may upset the motion of Newell coming here that's all, this is due to Newell's fabulous record of late.

Call me that to my face please.

The explanation may be in his tag line. Maybe matt_connolly needs some cold turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669