Geordies - bad timing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
alex said:
OK... Number one no one calls me that, number two, who's comparing? This is a fresh vacancy which may upset the motion of Newell coming here that's all, this is due to Newell's fabulous record of late.

Call me that to my face please.

its nothing personal, i just find us being compared with newcastle absolutley farsical, sorry for any upset caused, were all blue boys here!!

matt_c0nn0lly said:
its nothing personal, i just find us being compared with newcastle absolutley farsical, sorry for any upset caused, were all blue boys here!!

OK - no worries, that came over a bit harsh. No one (aside from you) are comparing us to them.

There could well be a snowball effect due to the England job(after the World Cup) being available as well

Cos if Newcastle appoint someone who could be in line for it they aint wanna only have a Manager till the Summer and then start again

Motown Fox said:
There could well be a snowball effect due to the England job(after the World Cup) being available as well

Cos if Newcastle appoint someone who could be in line for it they aint wanna only have a Manager till the Summer and then start again

You better not be comparing us with England... (!!)

my point is that newcastle's managers shortlist will not contain any of the managers on the shorlist for our job

matt_c0nn0lly said:
my point is that newcastle's managers shortlist will not contain any of the managers on the shorlist for our job

You don't know that mate, you are guessing. Although I am inclined to agree :icon_bigg

Duzza said:
You don't know that mate, you are guessing. Although I am inclined to agree :icon_bigg

i wud put all of my vcash on it!!

matt_c0nn0lly said:

Hmmmm, you may be right, Billy Davies I think may be though.

alex said:
Hmmmm, you may be right, Billy Davies I think may be though.

im not having a go mate, but seriously, i doubt it even half of newcastles fans even no who billy davies is!! i live with 2 geordies and they want an o'neill shearer combo, thats wot there fans will want, the biggest and best possible!!

matt_c0nn0lly said:
im not having a go mate, but seriously, i doubt it even half of newcastles fans even no who billy davies is!! i live with 2 geordies and they want an o'neill shearer combo, thats wot there fans will want, the biggest and best possible!!

i really hope oneill rejects the offer and waits for the england job

I can't see Newell, Cottrill or Davies getting the Newcastle job either, but it can still have a knock-on effect on these managers.

Let's say Newcastle go for Sam Alladyce, Bolton will then need a new manager, they're unlikely to be able to attract the biggest name managers and may well want to keep faith with going with young talented British managers.

Like Newell, Cottrill and Davies...

And stop calling each other koontz.

Craig Levein to Newcastle :)

Real Sharapova said:
Says who -what have they won in the last 40 years:018: :018: :018:

well they get 55,000 week in week out, there's a 7 year waiting list for season tickets, they spent almost 60million in the last season but having said that everyone has that many fans and spends that much each year anywhere in europe!! :icon_roll

if newcastle are not a big club the we must be almost non-existant

fair point matt but whats the point in all that if they arent going to win any silverware

Last edited:
matt_c0nn0lly said:
well they get 55,000 week in week out, there's a 7 year waiting list for season tickets, they spent almost 60million in the last season but having said that everyone has that many fans and spends that much each year anywhere in europe!! :icon_roll

if newcastle are not a big club the we must be almost non-existant
I repeat, what have they won in the last forty years - I would have thought that success on the park might be a rather large criterion as to whether a club is " massive " or not. And exactly how many " world class " players have they? And don't count Titus Bramble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669