Gerrbrand off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyK

"Defender Patrik Gerrbrand is having talks with Norwegian top-flight side Fredrikstad. The Swede's first-team chances here have been affected by the arrivals of Darren Kenton and Gareth McAuley.

Kelly said: "We have given Patrik and his agent permission to open talks and we will see what happens.''

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?back=true&key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|4862233172006390061231&parentkey=1D29|0|2185366269754|p|536|0" value="here"

Last edited:
Shocked at that.

Oh well, we move onwards each day

it isnt that surprising considering weve a stackful of defenders someone was bound to be on the way out

I think it was on the cards. He looked good in his first run in the team but it seems frustated at the lack of first-team opportunites and its not worked out.

Good Luck to him, it just wasnt to be.

Bit of cash would be nice, also he has potential so we should def write in a sell on clause, its feasible he could be a million pound player in 2 years if played correctly. ( Note, i said feasible, not definatly will be!!!)

TommyK said:
"Defender Patrik Gerrbrand is having talks with Norwegian top-flight side Fredrikstad. The Swede's first-team chances here have been affected by the arrivals of Darren Kenton and Gareth McAuley.

Kelly said: "We have given Patrik and his agent permission to open talks and we will see what happens.''

Fifth choice central defender - third choice right-back - I think I would be looking somewhere else as well.

Last edited:
I think this is great news - it always looked like someone out the backline was going to go. (To many defenders!) I'm just glad its Gerrbrand and not Kisnorbo or Spearman.

He looked like ok at times. But not physical enough for this league.

TommyK said:
I think this is great news - it always looked like someone out the backline was going to go. (To many defenders!) I'm just glad its Gerrbrand and not Kisnorbo or Spearman.

He looked like ok at times. But not physical enough for this league.
myspirit_feat_manspear_LG.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm...... Not sure I'd rather Kenton over JoBrand and I thought he looked very assured at times last season. Money would be good though.

Hazzman said:
The recent release of Hamill and the immediate sell of Gerrbrand could mean the freeing up of cash for an incoming player.

It's not going to be a sale even if he does decide to go - he didn't cost us anything and we won't be charging a fee on his departure. This will be another 'by mutual consent' jobbie, where the most we can hope to save is the difference between what any new club will pay him and we are paying him, so it will save us a little over the rest of his contract. But remember Norwegian clubs, even in their first division are inlikely to be paying as highly as an English Championship club.

For what it's worth, I think reading peoples comments that I must be alone in wanting him to stay at City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566