Gerrbrand off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naughty Fox said:
I think you are wrong on this one Boc :icon_eek: I think we paid around 400k for him and he still has two years left on his contract, so I would be very pissed off if we did not get a least the same back for him. Can not really expect more as he hardly played.
I would like him to stay as he looked very comfortable on the ball and just needed games to get into the pace of english football, I rate him currently above Kenton and McAuley (not seen him play yet), but it seems they are happier to be on the bench and bide thier time more than Gerrbrand, pity.

I thought he was a liability and the results with Kisnorbo and McCarthy at the back indicate that as well.

As soon as the ball was in the air he had a tendency to let it bounce rather than attacking the ball, his positional play was at best suspect and passing ability average.

I've not seen McCauley to comment, but Kenton is no worse than Gerrbrand and has pace to aid his ability as well.

Naughty Fox said:
I think you are wrong on this one Boc :icon_eek: I think we paid around 400k for him and he still has two years left on his contract, so I would be very pissed off if we did not get a least the same back for him. Can not really expect more as he hardly played.

Whoops!! Got confused between the key for 'undisclosed fee' and 'free' in the source I was using. I think you should stand by for a little disappointment with regard to any fee that we might manage to get for him, especially if he goes to Scandanavia. I think the fee, if any, wherever he goes will be some way south of what we paid for him. The exercise is one of 'reducing costs' rather than 'cash generation' in this case. If he had proved a success with us that might not have been the case, but that hardly applies.

Last edited:
Dunc said:
I thought he was a liability and the results with Kisnorbo and McCarthy at the back indicate that as well.

As soon as the ball was in the air he had a tendency to let it bounce rather than attacking the ball, his positional play was at best suspect and passing ability average.

I've not seen McCauley to comment, but Kenton is no worse than Gerrbrand and has pace to aid his ability as well.

I thought he was superb when he played and the only mistake I remember him making was the one against Southampton in the F.A. Cup.
If we don't get as much as we paid for him I see no point in letting him go.He would be my first choice cover at Centre Back if either Kisnorbo or McCarthy are out.

Last edited:
pds said:
I thought he was superb when he played and the only mistake I remember him making was the one against Southampton in the F.A. Cup.
If we don't get as much as we paid for him I see no point in letting him go.he would be my first choice cover at Centre Back if either Kisnorbo or McCarthy are out.

The only one that led to conceding a goal, but he did it numerous times every time he played.

Stoke away was a prime example of his lack of aerial ability and poor positional play.

The fee we paid was 300k (reported here as undisclosed but that was the number the Hammarby fans/press were talking about). If he goes I imagine it'll be another 'undisclosed fee'.

Dunc said:
The only one that led to conceding a goal, but he did it numerous times every time he played.

Stoke away was a prime example of his lack of aerial ability and poor positional play.

I'm with you on this one Dunc. Although he looked comfortable on the ball, i just don't think his defending was up to the job. I also think he lacked the dominance and leadership qualities that central defenders need, and players like Kisnorbo and McCarthy have.

My only thought on this is that he could have made a decent fullback or even defensive midfield player. As mention, he did look comfortable on the ball and i don't think his passing was too bad.

If we are forced to sell him (which I don't think we should) I think we should look at bringing in a Left Winger. This is our weakest area on the pitch by far. How about hijacking Ryan Smiths move to the Sheep Sh*ggers!? :icon_lol:

<<< www.foxes-mad.co.uk >>>

Ryan Smith's a showpony prick with an attitude. Forget him

YOBO_21 said:
Oh and Tiattos all that and a bag of potato chips!?

Why replace one buffoon to replace an invalid.

A young lad at one of the bigger clubs would be better like Paul Anderson. Plays for Liverpool, Born in Melton and was cracking in early Liverpool friendlies.

YOBO_21 said:
Oh and Tiattos all that and a bag of potato chips!?
No, he's not. But he wants to be part of our team. Smith wants to be Smith. Crazy suggestion, not worth debating

Hazzman said:
Why replace one buffoon to replace an invalid.

A young lad at one of the bigger clubs would be better like Paul Anderson. Plays for Liverpool, Born in Melton and was cracking in early Liverpool friendlies.

He has just signed a new contarct at Liverpool so loan would be the only possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669