Get real, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innocent

Banned
Something happened last night which must have been extremely significant to have put a final nail in a coffin.

Mm and MA haven't seen eye to eye for a while. FACT.
They came to a head-to-head over JFH. FACT.
Neither man likes to be outbarked. FACT.

But as a meeja tart, I have to say that if you were going to sack someone, or have them resign, you normally NEVER do that when you're in the media spotlight, and you NEVER do that when you're in a delicate sentimentalist position, ie, one of your team almost lost his life. You milk that. You don't spray it with paintball. You do the 'concerned club' act, big time. It's the accepted spin and hype. You allow time for meeja to foreground the tragedy.
OK, this is not only NOT being done, it's also being hijacked by another story.

This sacking/resignation story has come at the 'wrong' time. We should be concentrating on 'getting the lads over this', 'it is a major incident in the history of our football club', we should be linking it in to the other very recent tragedies which didn't turn out so well. We should, as spin doctors, be doing the human interest issues.

Instead, we sack the manager, at a time when the team is in shock, and we're on the front page anyway, and someone is seriously ill because his heart stopped twice.

It doesn't make sense.

Something went so seriously wrong last night, and may having been going sadly wrong for a while, that conventional media politics haven't been employed, this time.

Join the dots.

Don't think we'll ever get a balanced account of what went on between MM and MA. I don't think anything went 'seriously wrong' in the changing room last night, I reckon MA and MM had a talk earlier (before the whole Clive Clarke thing) and decided that it would be announced today. The timing is not insensitive; lying to the fans and pretending everything is ok when it's not would be insensitive

Last edited:
Don't think we'll ever get a balanced account of what went on between MM and MA. I don't think anything went 'seriously wrong' in the changing room last night, I reckon MA and MM had a talk earlier (before the whole Clive Clarke thing) and decided that it would be announced today. The timing is not insensitive; lying to the fans and pretending everything is ok when it's not would be insensitive

have you read the title of this thread?

Exactly what I was talking to AZ about yesterday. We both agreed at the time that as bad as it sounded, the Clive Clarke incident had brought MA a little time.
But something MUST have happened on Tuesday night for MM to act like this, because as Innocent says it goes against all the media rules.
We must just accept what MM has done and hope it is in the best interest of the players and the club

i think were just looking for things that just arnt there.
its nothing to do with tuesday night or any events that happened there.
MA has been touted as getting the sack for the last 2 weeks or so from many different media sources, it was inevitable it was gonna happen sooner or later, they simple didnt get on and MM is the chairman he has the last say and he has said it!
we can try and big this up and say "its all to do with tuesday" but the fact is i reckon it was all clear in MM,s head well before tuesday night as to what he was gonna do.

Exactly what I was talking to AZ about yesterday. We both agreed at the time that as bad as it sounded, the Clive Clarke incident had brought MA a little time.
But something MUST have happened on Tuesday night for MM to act like this, because as Innocent says it goes against all the media rules.
We must just accept what MM has done and hope it is in the best interest of the players and the club

we may never know but something has gone off big time this last week ,i know no one is saying anything at the club , but that could be for legal reasons

It's a bit like the spindoctoring we saw the government do - when that minister said that the twin towers incident would be a good day to release bad news.

Very poorly handled.

I wish Clarke the very best. His condition was the worst thing to have happened on Tuesday - not the sacking of Allen.

From MM's point of view, it's the best time to do it. Attention is distracted by Clarke's problems, there isn't a home match for some time for fans to vent their feelings ( in fact he couldn't have chosen a better away match to follow the sacking in terms of the support we will take to Plymouth ). MM knows exactly what he's doing.

I think MM made his decision some time ago. The timing - following 4-1 win at home / player nearly dying - is insane. I mean it does not even give anyone anytime time to use the transfer window. I'm not confident of this, but potentially is it because he has a successor lined up? The story in the Mirror - his favoured media outlet - about the young Chelsea coach, maybe more significant than the usual speculation of any manager out of a job.

The new manager may not even rate the players that MA/MM has bought, but He will be a YES man, so he will be told he has what he has..

I think MM made his decision some time ago. The timing - following 4-1 win at home / player nearly dying - is insane. I mean it does not even give anyone anytime time to use the transfer window. I'm not confident of this, but potentially is it because he has a successor lined up? The story in the Mirror - his favoured media outlet - about the young Chelsea coach, maybe more significant than the usual speculation of any manager out of a job.

Indeed, but it gives Mandaric the time to get a few players in without having to clash with a manager - which is what he's wanted to do all along it seems.

MM does not consider many opinions apart from his own when buying players, but in this situation now MA has gone, if there are any new players in the next 48hrs, they could be influenced by the new manager coming in...
This is obviously assuming that there is some kind of meaning in MM's madness

The News of the world said that Allen was going to be sacked back on sunday, how the **** did they know?

MM does not consider many opinions apart from his own when buying players, but in this situation now MA has gone, if there are any new players in the next 48hrs, they could be influenced by the new manager coming in...
This is obviously assuming that there is some kind of meaning in MM's madness
MM will sign some players I bet any money before the deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673