Get real, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy I work with is a good friend of McAuleys (sp) and apparently there had been rumblings in the camp that began at pre-season training that MA was not the man for the job, his treatment of the players was dreadful...

I just bumped into a mate at lunchbreak....he kinda reckons the same. Some of the players here before-MA were extremely shocked and disappointed in his treatment of Fryatt and some of the transfer listed players like Hughes.

Then, he replaces the manager: NOT takes on signing players.

If MM was signing all the players then I would be amazed if he identified Chambers, DJ and Hayes for example, and also wouldn't that mean that the likes of Fowler, JFH etc would have been signed regardless.

I have no doubt that MM is using his connections to set up potential deals but it would appear that MA has had the final say and it is that veto of several higher profile players that has now forced MM down the route of sacking Allen.

From MM's point of view, it's the best time to do it. Attention is distracted by Clarke's problems, there isn't a home match for some time for fans to vent their feelings ( in fact he couldn't have chosen a better away match to follow the sacking in terms of the support we will take to Plymouth ). MM knows exactly what he's doing.

hmmmm but so close to the transfer window? Surely thats extremely bad timing.

but redknapp left once whos to say that he didnt like mm interferring with team affairs maybe they called a truce because mm knew that redknapp was too good a manager to let go...and as for now and mm its been reported that mm has picked half the new squad so to me that says the manager has to go along with mms players or face the sack :102:

If my memory serves me correct the Redknapp arguement was about the size of fees to agents.

To me this looks like MM wanted to push for bigger names and MA didn't want to go along with it. I reckon the JFH thing was just put up job for the media and fans, MM propaganda if you like?

Not what I've heard.

Well MA certainly vetoed the JFH deal :102:

And I would be amazed if Mandaric had identified Chambers, Newton, Sappleton, Hayes, Clarke and Campbell so I fail to see how MM could have been dictating to Allen who to sign and who not too. I think that MM would suggest players, Allen would then watch DVD's or videos of these players and then have the final say as to whether these players would join. It would appear that Milan is desperate to sign some high profile names and MA for whatever reason was not prepared to sign these players and MM become increasingly frustrated and no doubt embarrased has had enough and told him to sling his hook.

Well MA certainly vetoed the JFH deal :102:

And I would be amazed if Mandaric had identified Chambers, Newton, Sappleton, Hayes, Clarke and Campbell so I fail to see how MM could have been dictating to Allen who to sign and who not too. I think that MM would suggest players, Allen would then watch DVD's or videos of these players and then have the final say as to whether these players would join. It would appear that Milan is desperate to sign some high profile names and MA for whatever reason was not prepared to sign these players and MM become increasingly frustrated and no doubt embarrased has had enough and told him to sling his hook.

Take Sappleton out of that list and they are the only Martin Allen signings.

arh yes of course. We don't need a manager. MM will make the signings and pick the team.

FFS this isn't Spain!

WTF!! I was saying that if MA was so good his 14 signings should be good enough nothing about not replacing him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669