Get real, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
If MM has his next manager lined up (plenty out of work) then any signings today/tommorrow would be of the new mans recommendations, unless its an obvious good player like Murphy.
Blackpool fans are shi____g themselves expecting Grayson/Thompson to walk!, apparantly their not under contract.

Hrum. Grayson would quite possibly be a perfect option for MM - inexperienced enough to hopefully (from his point of view) be nice and impressionable, but having achieved a good start to his managerial career. And potentially welcomed by Leicester fans due to the entirely irrelevant fact that he used to play for us.

Take Sappleton out of that list and they are the only Martin Allen signings.

That's about the long and the short of it, apart from Newton as has already been pointed out. There is also to be taken into account vetos by MM of MA potential signings - as I've said before I know of one myself, the player being represented by one of the partners here. MA said he was just what we needed ( a left-footed midfielder ) and MM said no. I can't imagine that was the only one.

That's about the long and the short of it, apart from Newton as has already been pointed out. There is also to be taken into account vetos by MM of MA potential signings - as I've said before I know of one myself, the player being represented by one of the partners here. MA said he was just what we needed ( a left-footed midfielder ) and MM said no. I can't imagine that was the only one.

Presumably more to do with the qulaity of the player than the position he played and the fact he was left footed?

Maybe with regards to the signings it is more along the lines of MA having very little experience choosing players to play at this level, and not having the right contacts (he is relatively new to management). MM perhaps used his bigger contact book and was offering options to MA, but MA was too stubborn and only wanted players he had picked, and didn't want to accept any help?

Spin it that way and MA is the knob

according to the mockery there is a confidentiality clause in place so that MM or MA cannot talk about the reasons why.

Maybe with regards to the signings it is more along the lines of MA having very little experience choosing players to play at this level, and not having the right contacts (he is relatively new to management). MM perhaps used his bigger contact book and was offering options to MA, but MA was too stubborn and only wanted players he had picked, and didn't want to accept any help?

Spin it that way and MA is the knob

May be MA wanted to sign the tooth fairy and MM wanted Winnie the Pooh: unless there is evidence my theory is as sound as yours. in fact, I heard from a very good source that .......... :081:

Chris Cohen, good prospect, was at Yeovil, prior to that came through the ranks at West Ham, went to Yeovil as he wanted first team football. One to keep an eye on IMO. And he wouldn't have broken the bank, either.

But didn't Yeovil want to sell him along with another of their players at the same time. :102:

Maybe MM said no to both of them and Yeovil were only interested in selling both or neither. Something to do with the sell-on clause in Cohen's contract, I'm sure I read something about it although could just be imagining it! :biggrin:

But didn't Yeovil want to sell him along with another of their players at the same time. :102:

Maybe MM said no to both of them and Yeovil were only interested in selling both or neither. Something to do with the sell-on clause in Cohen's contract, I'm sure I read something about it although could just be imagining it! :biggrin:

Aaron Davies came into the bargain as well.

Unless he thinks he has mistakenly appointed a manager who hasn't got a feckin' clue who to buy....

I do recall MM saying before MA had been appointed that he was lining up a number of signings that "any manager would be pleased to have".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669