gillespie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt go but I seen Stewarts goal. Cracker!

I think thats the best I have seen Gillespie play too & Dabizas. Seen him make 1 mistake which Heath covered but looked fairly confident with the ball too. Different game for Heath & Dabizas next though. Sunderland wont play 1 up front.

Who-Izzet said:
I didnt go but I seen Stewarts goal. Cracker!

Are you on crack?

one of gillespies good games but he's still shockingly shite, he never beat his first man on the cross and can't take it past people to save his life

Steven said:
Tony Elsby said:
The width created by Gillespie/Canero and Stewart/Tiattto created enough space for central strikes. Very effective.

Agreed and the comments about Gillespie. All we need is Scowcroft and Connolly to join in. :wink:

A three goal win at home and our main strikers just quietly take weight off the marauding rest. Just imagine when they're all hitting the target. :lol: :lol:

That said, for a bloke who barely had a sniff of goal, Scowcroft was a real and perpetual handful. Connolly wasn't at his best but could still have scored three. Didn't Reidy look fed up? :cry:

Gillespie played well last night - definitely confidence in part, but he also put in about 200% more effort than he has done in a long, long time. It looked like he could be bothered, and he (mostly) did very well. There's no way he would have got a standing ovation (from pretty much all our crowd I think) after his usual performances over the last year, but he deserved it last night. He can play better still (or he used to be able to ) but he did really well.

One of the best moments of last night's game - Gillespie loses the ball on the halfway line, seems not to care too much and doesn't chase/ tackle back. About a minute later when there was a break in play Levein calls him over to the byline, has a word in his ear - clearly a conversation, not just yelling at him, it's clear G'spie is listening and responding. Straight after this he gets the ball again, takes his man on and puts in a good cross ... if Levein can get him playing well again, he deserves great credit.

Oh, and Gillespie provided a superb cross for the last goal also ... as well as the one immediately before, that was only just cleared by Cov, under heavy pressure from Scowy

I thought Jordan and Gillespie both did alright without actually doing anything amazing last night. When it came to beating men they both struggled to get clear but a couple of times Gillespie managed to just creat enough space to get a ball in a la Guppy at his best. Not so sure about this abundance of pace Gillespie has every time he tried to chip and chase past a defender he got caught.

Definitely an improvement for both players though. Thought Slowy Nalis and Tiatto were all excellent, even Peter Crouch's cousin looked alright last night. Long may it continue.

Other than 1 maybe 2 free kicks, the delivery on set pieces was also a lot better, Heath could have scored in the first half from a gillespie corner, so while he may not be quite there yet hats off to gillespie, he may even get his confidence and put a wager on himself scoring sometime soon, i hear he likes a bit a gamble! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566