Ginger Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ginger Mourinho is here for the long haul,January transfer window opens and he will be in a better postition to understand the needs of the team.Players will leave for sure and of course some will arrive.
Carl Cort is still coming back from injury so give the guy some time.Carl suffered the same problem as de Fries,he takes the ball down and there is no outlet pushing on from the midfield to give it to.
Gary knows the short comings we have ,so do I feel he can solve them ?yes I do!

No matter how poor we are - we are still going to win a few games. And thank goodness for that.

In all honesty, Sheffield Wednesday are in a seriously sad state - even worse than us and this was a highly winnable game.

On the basis of the above I don't understand how you can draw the conclusion that Megson is here for "the long haul". He might be but the odds are heavily against that and more likely than not, Milan will want to move on to someone else when his unrealistic target of achieving promotion this season proves to be just that.....unrealistic.

Allen's obviously made some mistakes - Campbell looks the worst spunking of £2 million that we've seen for a while. And turning down JFH now looks to have been a mistake. But it seems very unlikely that Kaebi, Hellings, Neilsen and Ferreira were much to do with him.

Seeing as Ferreira joined two days after MA2 got the boot then I doubt he had anything to do with it at all...

Bearing in mind the lack of genuine midfield options yesterday, our only recognised central midfielder was an 18 year old kid who only made his professional debut in the previous match and the fact we won the match quite comfortably you would think that Megson would be due a fair amount of credit and praise.

I am sure as fcuk that had MON or fecking Maddog been in charge yesterday they would have been hailed as some sort of tactical genius.

I think a few people need to start eating a little bit of humble pie, whilst the football isn't quite what we would all wish to see, we are at least showing some consistency and we looked solid and well organised, I am sure we will see more attacking endeavour and enterprise as the confidence grows and the squad become more accustomed to Megson's tactics. We are starting to progress and we are definately looking a side that is difficult to beat.

We have taken 4 points in our last two games and that is without our first choice central midfield pairing, we have a platform to build on now and like the early days under Little, MON and even Micky Adams, we are grinding out results.

I have to admit I was gutted on the day we announced Megson as our new manager, I thought the appointment lacked imagination but I am really warming to him.

Megson's tactics despite being negative were spot on yesterday. I didn't think we looked trouble in the slighest. Apart from the usual scramble in the 85th minute where we ended up with about 3 players on the deck.

Ok we beat a weak team ,even though right now we have no midfeild to speak off but in some ways things are looking better ,just think when the midfeild is back (clem ,weso) with king in the mix now we could have a good midfeild that we have not had for years.

IMO this win could be the start of our season if we can carry on after this two week break ,by then clem should be back and weso not too far off too ,lets wait and see what happens .

Hopefully over the two week break we can get a few players in on loan .

3-4 wins and things going our way we could be in the top 6

we play Sheffield united on the 20th away then again on the 23rd at home:icon_conf:icon_conf:icon_conf:icon_conf: if we can do the double on them we are half way there ,then its Barnsley at home on the 27th so 9 points up for grabs before the end of this month .

Last edited:
6 key players asked to be transfer listed before MA was sacked

and No im not post their names and dont pm me as im stay out of it !!!!!

all i will say is they have played so many games in a short time that they are very tired and boy its tells ,this is down to lack of fitness which was down to MA and his team

Considering what the regime MA2 and his coaching staff put them through in pre-season I don't understand how they can 'lack in fitness'.

They don't look as unfit as last season imo, and they took the piss in most of those games how they were 'ok for 60 mins-ish and then were knackered for the rest of a match..

Ok we beat a weak team ,even though right now we have no midfeild to speak off but in some ways things are looking better ,just think when the midfeild is back (clem ,weso) with king in the mix now we could have a good midfeild that we have not had for years.

IMO this win could be the start of our season if we can carry on after this two week break ,by then clem should be back and weso not too far off too ,lets wait and see what happens .

Hopefully over the two week break we can get a few players in on loan .

3-4 wins and things going our way we could be in the top 6

we play s****horpe away on the 20th then Sheffield United 23rd at home if we can beat both we are half way there ,then its Barnsley at home on the 27th so 9 points up for grabs before the end of this month .

Last edited:
And as GM doesn't fancy staying here all that long his best exit strategy is slag off the players publicly, state they're not good enough and in doing so he's backed himself up.

Listening to him speaking on ITV's The Championship this morning you couldn't be more wrong. He gave all the credit for our recent 'run' to the players.

Megson's tactics despite being negative were spot on yesterday. I didn't think we looked trouble in the slighest. Apart from the usual scramble in the 85th minute where we ended up with about 3 players on the deck.
We seem to do that more often than any other club, ever.

Listening to him speaking on ITV's The Championship this morning you couldn't be more wrong. He gave all the credit for our recent 'run' to the players.

to credit anyone with that is surely a bit of a put down?

i think megson is slowely turning it around, it wont happen overnight but already we have the meanest defence in the championship only 8 against all season.

i think megson is slowely turning it around, it wont happen overnight but already we have the meanest defence in the championship only 8 against all season.

when we start games with 6 or 7 defenders its easy to see why. its also easy to see why our attack is a crock of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669