Ginger Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting desperately boring now :icon_roll

Summary for those who can't be arsed to read this utter garbage:

Some people think GM is a great appointment with a strong pedigree who will energise our club, and they say that they have seen evidence of this already

Some people think he's a useless has-been prick who shouldn't be anywhere feckin' near the first team, and they claim to have seen evidence of this already

That is it really

I read something yesterday that the Derby Manager has said that there is no way Moore will be leaving Pride Park so hopefully we can forget that one

Some people think GM is a great appointment with a strong pedigree who will energise our club, and they say that they have seen evidence of this already

Some people think he's a useless has-been prick who shouldn't be anywhere feckin' near the first team, and they claim to have seen evidence of this already

That is it really

Sums it up for me :038:

That is it really

or alternatively, GM was the only candidate with any bits of success in the mix at this level in his track record.

Some will focus on his previous failures - others cling to the bits of success.

All I know is that Milan's strategy has gone desparately off course and we can just hope that his ability/ willingness to spend doesn't run out before he gets the club on track.

IF, there is any truth in a player's revolt ending MA2's reign, we are truly fecked anyway.
No manager is going to be the first choice of 45 professional footballers and if one clique has succeeded in ousting a manager, you can bet that a different cabal will plot against his successor.

i like the way you got 'cabal' & 'clique' in to that :)

(but got the apostrophe wrong in 'players' revolt' ;) )

Darren Moore? Yes, he's a good start isn't he :icon_roll

If I were Megson I would want the core of my team to be happy thats for sure.

My opinion is based on what I've seen on the pitch so far and that differs from yours greatly. Your initial post can't be challenged based on 'facts' because it doesnt contain any.

Darren Moore has been good enough to be part of a number of promotion teams from this league (including last season). Billy Davies isn't letting him leave Derby anyway as he's too valuable to them now he's fit again. If Megson wants an obtainable player, that's enough surely? He is the manager.

For GM to want the core of 'his' team to be happy, he needs to have a team that he can call his own. One whose component parts he can rely on and trust. At the moment, he is working with someone else's team. I totally agree that a happy team is preferable to a divided one. I fail to see how the current set-up could be anything other than divided, irrespective of the manager or his methods (you can thank our owner for that one).

We often have to rely on rumour and innuendo to understand what's going on at the club. You are peddling said rumour and innuendo as much as anyone. The only thing I am basing my judgements on, are the evidence I see at matches and in comments made by GM etc. I've never suggested that they are facts. They are opinion. Whoever you are getting your 'facts' from is also giving you their biased opinion and you are then interpreting it with your biased opinion (if that is the total extent of the Chinese whispers).

From what I've read so far, actual facts are in very short supply. In their absence, one considered opinion is as valid as another.

Gosh, there must be something REALLY interesting on the previous page: look at all these icons looking up to it! :icon_roll

just so i dont feel left out,
when he first came i didnt like him
when we beat forest i liked him
when we lost to charlton i didnt like him
when we beat villa i liked him
when we drew against stoke and wolves i gave up thinking about it.

hope that helps:icon_conf

Mandaric said his minimum expectation was finishing 5th this season, Megson fears the Club may be facing a relegation battle - which one has got it terribly wrong??

Mandaric said his minimum expectation was finishing 5th this season, Megson fears the Club may be facing a relegation battle - which one has got it terribly wrong??

Megson's is a self fullfilling prophecy: if that is where he aims that is where we will be.
Looking at the squad, I would say they're both wrong. We are a mid table team (somebody tell the players that - quickly!)

There has been a big change in expectations over just two months.

We were once living on optimism - which was to a slightly lesser extent reflected in the bookies odds at the start of the season.

I concede that it is possible that Megson could prove a long term success. (if 'long term' is an option with Milan).

However whatever the case for appointing Megson, one thing is for sure and that is its an appointment which has killed off any optimism for this season. Just for starters, Megson himself is holding out no hope of success.

Presumably, Megson is trying to convince Milan that 5th from bottom is more realistic for this season and that further major surgery is necessary.

On balance, I think that Megson has got it about right but as pointed out earlier in the thread, his is largely a self fulfilling prophecy.

Megson is as good a manager as we could get. All we can hope for is that he will make us a more attractive proposition (Mid table?) for our next manager, and maybe a higher quality of player

I Don't believe we have seen the best of what megson can get out of this squad yet. Once he's found his best team, worked with that and added a couple of players, i think he is capable of producing a mid table team here.

Hopefully come the end of the season we will be in a better posistion to recruit the required personnel.

Megson is as good a manager as we could get. All we can hope for is that he will make us a more attractive proposition (Mid table?) for our next manager, and maybe a higher quality of player

I Don't believe we have seen the best of what megson can get out of this squad yet. Once he's found his best team, worked with that and added a couple of players, i think he is capable of producing a mid table team here.

Hopefully come the end of the season we will be in a better posistion to recruit the required personnel.

I said this to my dad at the weekend, whilst I am underwhelmed by Megsons appointment and the players we got under Allen, we haven't made ourselves an attractive club over the past few seasons so we need to build our way up. Get players to take us mid-table and next summer we will be in a better position to pick better players and maybe even a better manager. Right now we are on par with QPR and Barnsley in my opinion with regards attracting players. We can't even use the "throw money at them" argument, because we are not the only club with a bit of money to band a bout.

These mediocre appointments are a direct result of the prior abismal performaces that were started long before Mandaric and Megson.

The players Allen bought seem in the main to be poor, but maybe that was the height of what we could attract. I very much doubt if Mandaric thought we could get better that he would have let Allen say no, which makes me believe JFH was probably the first "bigger" name we had a chance with.

Mandaric has only been here 8 months, Megson only 1, to expect them to turn around nearly 4 years of mis-management at all levels is un-realistic, and I honestly feel that despite the boring performances on the pitch lately we are in a much better position now both on and off the pitch.

Whilst we still aren't scoring tonnes of goals (which we haven't done for a long long time, Watford would probably have ended up being another Sheff Utd this season under Allen, but we'll never know) this cannot be attributed to Megson. He hasn't suddenly changed to a position that has stopped us scoring, we were'nt doing that before. But what he has done is stopped us conceding so many, which is a great start, if it continues. We obviously don't know what Allens record would have been in defence, but it certainly started well, so he deserves some credit there also.

Once the defense is shored up we can start working on the midfield, I genuinly don't think we will be a relegation risk this season, and I think with a strong defence (which we have) and a few creative players further forward we will make the top 10.

Once the defense is shored up we can start working on the midfield, I genuinly don't think we will be a relegation risk this season, and I think with a strong defence (which we have) and a few creative players further forward we will make the top 10.

I am under the impression that along with WBA we have let in fewest goals. What are we waiting for? Godot? :icon_conf ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669