Ginger Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF, there is any truth in a player's revolt ending MA2's reign, we are truly fecked anyway.
No manager is going to be the first choice of 45 professional footballers and if one clique has succeeded in ousting a manager, you can bet that a different cabal will plot against his successor.

Totally agree. It shows one of the many problems with having too many professionals on the books. No matter who is in charge, there will be a significant group who are not playing. They are likely to include characters who will destabilise the club. We obviously have our fair share of trouble makers.

It's impossible to please everyone. I wouldn't have thought that GM, MA or indeed MM would be so dumb as to take seriously the complaints of a few dissatisfied players. Reading between the lines of a number of informed posters on here, it seems to be the case that we are indeed in need of very firm management.

Another reason I'm pleased GM is in charge because he has a long record of not putting up with any player who messes with him. That's exactly what we need. Whoever GM sees fit to ditch as a result of this instability is fine by me. Maybe this was a factor in MM giving him the job in the first place?

If the revolt was prior to MA2 leaving I am amazed that DJ handed in a transfer request, having played under Allen at Brentford I would have thought he would know what he was letting himself in for, I would have thought he would have submitted one on the back of MA2's sacking.

Also if this was prior to MA2 leaving, have the players withdrawn their requests since his sacking or were they threats to leave if no action was taken :102:

Last edited:
I am amazed that anybody actually believes all of this cobblers :icon_roll

So DJ Campbell signs for the manager who took him out of Non-league football, who plays him on almost every opportunity, and within weeks is also part of a revolt to remove him?

Crickey.

So DJ Campbell signs for the manager who took him out of Non-league football, who plays him on almost every opportunity, and within weeks is also part of a revolt to remove him?

Crickey.

It's all true, alex

And Allen shat in the back seat of Mandaric's car as well, which was the final straw

I think some people have entered the 'dowie's down the walkers with milan' zone again :icon_roll

I think some people have entered the 'dowie's down the walkers with milan' zone again :icon_roll

So, let me see . . .

Newts is wrong. No players ganged up wanting rid of MA.

However, a group are now wanting rid of GM.

Is that where we are? Whose insider gossip should we believe?

Hume hated MA or Hume hates GM or Hume loves everyone?

I'm very confused.

So, let me see . . .

I'm very confused.

Some form of player revolt against MA taking them out of their comfort zone is well documented, you dont need to be a genius to work out the likes of who they may be. It certainly wasn't the players MA brought in from his previous club/s.

There is unhappiness in the camp currently, with a portion of the playing staff perhaps thinking they would be better off elsewhere.

Is that so difficult to understand?

So, let me see . . .

I'm very confused.

It depends if you are gullible or cynical person who wants continue the tradition of adding more 'substance' in our club's Eastenders like plotlines which have more holes than a Jackie Collins novel.

Bottom and tail of it, players as a whole ok, some unhappy, some passive, some active.

Last edited:
Some form of player revolt against MA taking them out of their comfort zone is well documented, you dont need to be a genius to work out the likes of who they may be. It certainly wasn't the players MA brought in from his previous club/s.

There is unhappiness in the camp currently, with a portion of the playing staff perhaps thinking they would be better off elsewhere.

Is that so difficult to understand?

Not at all. My point was that it would be very ususual if that was not the case wouldn't it? The fact that some out of 45 pros aren't happy with the manager is hardly earth shattering news. I would imagine that is replicated everywhere.

Why should anyone give a toss about some players being unhappy (whoever they may be) and why is this a stick with which you are beating GM?

Not at all. My point was that it would be very ususual if that was not the case wouldn't it? The fact that some out of 45 pros aren't happy with the manager is hardly earth shattering news. I would imagine that is replicated everywhere.

Why should anyone give a toss about some players being unhappy (whoever they may be) and why is this a stick with which you are beating GM?

So the playing staff not being content is good news is it? Some of supposed best players not wanting to be here mean its all rosey?

So the playing staff not being content is good news is it? Some of supposed best players not wanting to be here mean its all rosey?

In the context of this seasons events, I would be furious if the playing staff were happy! Of course they're not happy with different managers every month and constant changes to their routines/positions etc. Not to mention the league position.

I say it yet again, is that GM's fault? If he's given the job of manager, he has to manage as he sees fit. It's not GM's fault that MM gave him the job and he's trying to do it. Also, how can a playing staff of 45 - none of whom were brought in by their manager, be happy? I think it's impossible. You seem to be blaming GM for this.

I've already answered the 'best players' thing. There is no such thing as best players at this club. Nobody but not rights would miss any of these players should they leave. GM has to be allowed to move players in/out as he wants. Or do you disagree with that too?

Last edited:
In the context of this seasons events, I would be furious if the playing staff were happy! Of course they're not happy with different managers every month and constant changes to their routines/positions etc. Not to mention the league position.

I say it yet again, is that GM's fault? If he's given the job of manager, he has to manage as he sees fit. It's not GM's fault that MM gave him the job and he's trying to do it. Also, how can a playing staff of 45 - none of whom were brought in by their manager, be happy? I think it's impossible. You seem to be blaming GM for this.

I've already answered the 'best players' thing. There is no such thing as best players at this club. Nobody but not rights would miss any of these players should they leave. GM has to be allowed to move players in/out as he wants. Or do you disagree with that too?

So Hume, Kisnorbo, N'Gotty, Fulop and Clemence leave tomorrow and we wont miss them??

Thats even more deluded than the bile you opened the thread with.

from the mockery today:

City were yesterday linked with Derby County defender Darren Moore, who played under Megson at West Bromwich Albion.

So the only glimmer of light in all this darkness is the defence so he wants to bring in an ultra slow central defender who's at least two seasons past his best. :icon_roll

So Hume, Kisnorbo, N'Gotty, Fulop and Clemence leave tomorrow and we wont miss them??

Thats even more deluded than the bile you opened the thread with.

The only one of those I think we couldn't currently replace with as good or better is Fulop and he's not even our player. You seem to ignore the fact that Megson will be bringing players in to replace those he moves out (who may actually be better!). I'm happy for him to do that regardless of those he decides to move out. Surely everyone has to be otherwise he's not being allowed to manage the club properly?

I really cannot comprehend your argument. Our new manager has to keep 45 pros happy and keep all of them you want him to, even though he hasn't bought any of them. He then has to play open attacking football and win every game. Even Mourinho couldn't do that!

As for the 'bile' bit, we're both entitled to our opinions. I concede that yours seems to be based on both preconceived ideas about GM and things you've heard from people/players at the club. Fair enough. What you haven't done is give me one good reason why my opinion is invalid based on the 'facts' you are aware of.

Last edited:
The only one of those I think we couldn't currently replace with as good or better is Fulop and he's not even our player. You seem to ignore the fact that Megson will be bringing in players in to replace those he moves out (who may actually be better!). I'm happy for him to do that regardless of those he decides to move out. Surely everyone has to be otherwise he's not being allowed to manage the club properly?

I really cannot comprehend your argument. Our new manager has to keep 45 pros happy and keep all of them you want him to, even though he hasn't bought any of them. He then has to play open attacking football and win every game. Even Mourinho couldn't do that!

As for the 'bile' bit, we're both entitled to our opinions. I concede that yours seems to be based on both preconceived ideas about GM and things you've heard from people/players at the club. Fair enough. What you haven't done is give me one good reason why my opinion is invalid based on the 'facts' you are aware of.

Darren Moore? Yes, he's a good start isn't he :icon_roll

If I were Megson I would want the core of my team to be happy thats for sure.

My opinion is based on what I've seen on the pitch so far and that differs from yours greatly. Your initial post can't be challenged based on 'facts' because it doesnt contain any.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670