giving up smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I just ask, what made you ex-smokers start smoking in the first place? To me it just seems like an incredibly stupid thing to do.

Well done DV :038:

I gave up 40 Marlboro a day (with the patches) in January 2000. I'm looking forward to 10 smoke free years in Jan.

Best move I ever made.

Good luck

two packs a day = £10 a day...10*365*10=£36,500 saved

:icon_eek:

SJN spent the lot he saved on strong beer and cheap women ..... or was it cheap beer and strong women....:102:

May I just ask, what made you ex-smokers start smoking in the first place? To me it just seems like an incredibly stupid thing to do.

For me it was a combination of peer pressure and wanting to appear 'cool' and 'grown-up'.

Unbelievable now, but back then............

Method you can try.

Empty an ashtray into a glass jar pour in boiling water. After a fag or a feeling of craving open the jar have a good sniff.

That will stop yer, especially after a few weeks it smells vile.

at first it was something i did on nights out very occasionally and was like that for years

then i had a big break up and it turned more into smoking to suppress hunger and lose weight (yes, this is probably the stupid part, although it worked)

then as i got used to being single, it was something a lot of my mates did out on the lash/pull

and that's how it's been for a while on and off

at first it was something i did on nights out very occasionally and was like that for years

then i had a big break up and it turned more into smoking to suppress hunger and lose weight (yes, this is probably the stupid part, although it worked)

then as i got used to being single, it was something a lot of my mates did out on the lash/pull

and that's how it's been for a while on and off

I know the feeling, im thinking of stopping end of Oct 09 very latest, well my first and last cig today so far was at 11.30am im doing well i usually smoke about 6-8 a day depending on work + stress, plus its cheap here to smoke looking at about 4 euros for a pack of Marlboro.

I been at the gym for again and i have been eating healthy so i am looking to stop and replace that habit with something else

Keep it up DV, stopping to smoke can be one of the best decision in life!!

I know the feeling, im thinking of stopping end of Oct 09 very latest, well my first and last cig today so far was at 11.30am im doing well i usually smoke about 6-8 a day depending on work + stress, plus its cheap here to smoke looking at about 4 euros for a pack of Marlboro.

I been at the gym for again and i have been eating healthy so i am looking to stop and replace that habit with something else

Pure spliffs from now on then eh Spanky?

Last edited:

6 to 8 fags a day! What's the point in that? A proper smoker should see off at least 25 a day minimum.

If he's been counting them in his sig since 31st March 1999 he must have a time machine and I've always wanted to have a go in one.
Can I? Please? I wanna go back to the Viking days and see if they all really do drink Skol.

They drank Faxe

Pure spliffs from now on then eh Spanky?
been off that for like 3 years now, the odd few burns when friends are visiting other then that never touch it, don't enjoy it, i rather drink!

For me it was a combination of peer pressure and wanting to appear 'cool' and 'grown-up'.

The same thing can be attributed to the reason behind your posting style on here.

The same thing can be attributed to the reason behind your posting style on here.

That's very funny :icon_bigg

Especially coming from you............ :tumbleweed:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48