Glamorgan away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Lad

No Mcdonald again & Buck dropped.

Was it really worth Mc coming back from Australia?! :102:

Also bit surprised Banning dropped as he seems to be a very useful back up seamer.

Seems a bit odd that we only have 3 seamers playing - there is no back up seamer - what if one of them were to be injured during the 4 days? Benning surely should keep his place on that basis alone and the fact that he'll probably get more runs than Boyce anyway.

I read today that McDonald will be playing for Victoria in the T20 Champions league starting on September 10th. Obviously this means that he will be missing again for the last couple of weeks of the season.

With the County's reluctance to employ a locum overseas player surely it would make sense to sign a player with no other commitments in the first place!

Agree re Benning especially as Mcdonald isn't in the team.

Mcdonald is a massive miss as he adds so much with both bat & ball.

I guess the thinking regarding the seamers is that they will only have minor input with the spinners taking the majority of the workload. However know exactly what you mean regarding any injuries.

It would have made sense to open with Nixon & slot Benning in at number 6 or 7.

Seems a bit odd that we only have 3 seamers playing - there is no back up seamer - what if one of them were to be injured during the 4 days? Benning surely should keep his place on that basis alone and the fact that he'll probably get more runs than Boyce anyway.

I read today that McDonald will be playing for Victoria in the T20 Champions league starting on September 10th. Obviously this means that he will be missing again for the last couple of weeks of the season.

With the County's reluctance to employ a locum overseas player surely it would make sense to sign a player with no other commitments in the first place!

I posted after his recruitment was announced that I wondered how much or whether we would actually see McDonald.

I believe that the Australia A v Sri Lanka A series was a fairly late arranged series, but nonethless I always suspected that we wouldn't have him for a full season for one reason or another. However, I agree with you that we would be better off with an overseas whose primary commitment was to Leicestershire.

Unfortunately, not only do we have a set up which isn't particularly well run; they also tend to be unlucky as well. Not a good combination.

Pretty disappointing outcome today in the end. Slow going, hopefully we can get over 300 though. Buck must have been rested? And as for Benning, agree that he may as well have played ahead of Boyce

Robert Croft reached 1,000 first class wickets when he had Wayne White caught behind

looked like the game was slipping away but a good fight back by the bowlers Glam 290 all out

looked like the game was slipping away but a good fight back by the bowlers Glam 290 all out

About even now and we are two wickets down. Should be a draw, pretty turgid affair really. Another 9 wickets for Henderson and Naik!

About even now and we are two wickets down. Should be a draw, pretty turgid affair really. Another 9 wickets for Henderson and Naik!

Not sure about that - I think we'll need to bat at least a further 60 overs and score a further 180 runs and I'm not sure we will do that.

221-6 declared in a 107 overs...glad i was not watching that...a measly 2 runs an over.

Be down at Grace road tomoz...hope McDonald is playing has been suffering with a shoulder injury though.

Also would be nice to see them blood Shiv Thakor at some point..scored a lot of runs the overnight i was told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566