Glastonbury 2007 - if you want to go read this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarby

What are the changes to ticket sales procedure in 2007?
As part of Glastonbury Festivals continuing campaign to combat touting, pre sales registration is being introduced this year. Everyone wanting to buy a ticket for the 2007 Festival will first have to register. This will mean supplying your contact details and a passport standard photo. Each ticket sold will feature the photograph of the person in whose name it is registered and will be non-exchangeable.​
“It’s a much fairer system,” says Michael Eavis. “It means unscrupulous people won’t be able to sell their tickets on for a profit. The people who buy the tickets on 1 April will be the people who are actually coming to the festival.”
You will need to register between February 1st and 28th, 2007. You will be able to register both ‘on-line’ and by post. There will be no charge for ‘on-line’ registration but postal applications will need to be accompanied by 2 First Class stamps to cover postage and processing. Forms will be available for download from the registration site which will go live on February 1st, as will the ‘on-line’ registration site. Forms will also be available from February 1st from all Millets stores; Millets will donate 10p for each form issued to WaterAid, one of our Worthwhile Causes.
Information about how to access the registration site, together with full details of how tickets will be sold in 2007 and their cost, will be announced on this site before the end of January.
(Please note that no information collected by registration will be offered for sale or use by any third party organisation. Unsuccessful ticket applicants will have their data destroyed and all ticket holders’ registration details and photos will be destroyed within one month of the event.)
How can I play at Glastonbury 2007?
Sam-The-Deadbeats-Final.jpg
The deadline for the Emerging Talent Competition has passed. Thank you to everyone who entered the competition - and good luck!
Am I too late to get a stall at Glastonbury?
Thousands of applications from food traders, craft stalls, importers of goods from the third world, charities and campaign groups have been received over the last four months. Applications are now closed. Many thanks to all that have applied. The Festival will reply to all applicants before February 14th 2007.
Who’s playing?
Anything you read about confirmed performances at Glastonbury 2007 is speculation and rumour. Many, many exciting discussions are underway which should give Glastonbury 2007 the best line-up anywhere in the world. No announcement about the line up will be made by the Festival before tickets go on sale.
Will there be any changes from previous years?
There are always changes each year – last Festival saw the replacement of the Dance Tent with the new, vibrant Dance Village, and the relaunch of the New Tent as the John Peel Stage. Both an increase in the licensed figure for the next Festival, and the possibility of renting additional land to provide more campsite space, have already been discussed in the media. Any proposed changes will of course be part of the licence application, which will not be heard until January 2007.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/

I doubt I'll go, but does anyone have any idea who's been rumoured to do it, even if it does say no one has been confirmed?

Last edited:
I doubt I'll go, but does anyone have any idea who's been rumoured to do it, even if it does say no one has been confirmed?

I have heard the rumoured line-up and its made me turned down the chances of going with some mates.

Friday - K.Chiefs/A.Monkeys
Saturday - Kasabian
Sunday - The Who

Awful, I'd end up watching some tent instead.

Genesis and XTC have both reformed don't forget :icon_conf

im hoping to go (for what it's worth!)

Arctic Monkeys and Bjork headlining one of the globes finest festivals.

I'm sorry to those who like above mentioned artistes, but that's nothing short of a fecking joke and very representative of the shite that the music industry is churning out.

That's just wanky bollox

I'm sorry to those who like above mentioned artistes, but that's nothing short of a fecking joke and very representative of the shite that the music industry is churning out.

That's just wanky bollox

I can understand the Monkeys headlining the festival. They have argubly been the biggest band of the last 12 months.

Bjork on the other hand. :102: I didn't even know anyone actually listened to her music.

That's just wanky bollox

Music is a ever-changing landscape and the two artists show that. Both are well-known musical personalities, I don't think you can blame this one on the music industry as both artists record records for independant labels. The Music Industry produces shite like Mika, current no.1 in the UK etc., neither of these bands are built by a machine the industry has created (Take That cough cough have so this). Bjork is currently recording her 10th album and has always maintained a decent fanbase. She even hit popularity in the UK during the 90s.

You have to realise Glastonbury's aim at its fanbase and these two acts do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566