Glastonbury 2007 - if you want to go read this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Music is a ever-changing landscape and the two artists show that. Both are well-known musical personalities, I don't think you can blame this one on the music industry as both artists record records for independant labels. The Music Industry produces shite like Mika, current no.1 in the UK etc., neither of these bands are built by a machine the industry has created (Take That cough cough have so this). Bjork is currently recording her 10th album and has always maintained a decent fanbase. She even hit popularity in the UK during the 90s.

You have to realise Glastonbury's aim at its fanbase and these two acts do that.
Still bollox

Music is a ever-changing landscape and the two artists show that. Both are well-known musical personalities, I don't think you can blame this one on the music industry as both artists record records for independant labels. The Music Industry produces shite like Mika, current no.1 in the UK etc., neither of these bands are built by a machine the industry has created (Take That cough cough have so this). Bjork is currently recording her 10th album and has always maintained a decent fanbase. She even hit popularity in the UK during the 90s.

You have to realise Glastonbury's aim at its fanbase and these two acts do that.

Well if Bad Manners aren't playing I'm not going

I've been to the last 4 Glastonbury's and will be trying to get a ticket for this one but to be honest I'm not as excited about it as I used to be. Year by year the type of attendee has slowly changed and it is now more trendy people going than actual lovers of music. I think it has become more of a fashionable thing to go to rather than somewhere you go because of your admiration for live music and arts.

Also, the price is nothing short of extortionate.

If you've never been before than I urge you to try your hardest to go (it is truly a mind opening experience) but I'm sure people who have been before will agree with me when I say that year by year it gets a bit less enjoyable.

Last edited:
I can understand the Monkeys headlining the festival. They have argubly been the biggest band of the last 12 months.

Bjork on the other hand. :102: I didn't even know anyone actually listened to her music.

I think you'll find that everytime Bjork plays the tickets sell out in a matter of minutes, so there are one or two people who still listen to her.

Year by year the type of attendee has slowly changed and it is now more trendy people going than actual lovers of music. I think it has become more of a fashionable thing to go to rather than somewhere you go because of your admiration for live music and arts.

This has defo happen in the last 2-3 years. Slowly became a fashion show.

I just had a thought - the link between fairer ticket distribution and pre-registration is rather tenuous. If you think about it, by making everyone pre-register, they get a massive amount of marketing information and get information on how many people actually want to go to Glastonbury. In previous years it's all been estimated but this year Eavis will end up with accurate data. Not only that but he will harvest information on where people who want to go to Glastonbury are from, their age, their names, addresses, the works! He could sell this information to any ticket company, etc for a nice tidy sum! It's a scam in my opinion. I'd like to see the policy on sharing the information - I bet there is no disclaimers, etc.

I'd like to see the policy on sharing the information - I bet there is no disclaimers, etc.

Why didn't you look at the site linked to at the start of the thread then, rather than just make an assumption?

:icon_roll

"Please note that no information collected by registration will be offered for sale or use by any third party organisation."

Last edited:
Because I couldn't be bothered. He'll still have the information though. I think I know who's winning.

But, Bjork is a legned! Sod The Arctic Mankers, but Bjork & Arcade fire I'd definately pay to see... :icon_wink

Although, i was still hoping Radiohead would make an appearence with their new album out and all, doesn't seem like it though :icon_cry:

whats the price likely to be?

always fancied going, but a mate paid £600 a couple of years ago, and thats more than i would pay

whats the price likely to be?

always fancied going, but a mate paid £600 a couple of years ago, and thats more than i would pay

never mind just found this on the site

What do tickets cost?
Weekend tickets will cost £125.00 plus £4.00 booking fee and £4.00 postage and packing.
Day tickets are not available, unless you are a local resident wanting to come on Sunday.

£150 this year isn't it?

just checked on the site again, it says

The following information relates to the Glastonbury Festival 2005 and should be used as a guide only. Further information will appear here following the approval of the 2007 licence.

so you may well be right Joe

I want to go so much, but I don't think I will. Firstly, no one I know wants to go/can afford it, and I aint going all that way on me tod. And secondly, as you pointed out, even if I did want to go, I might not be guaranteed a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669