Gloves/Snoods/Bodywarmers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a proud owner of a snood. And you know what, it's probably the best thing I've bought in a long time. It makes so much difference in keeping you warm, I don't find it surprising in the slightest that footballers are wearing them.

You big puff :icon_lol:

It's the current fashion. Give it a few months and snoods will be so passé.

They've worked their way down to Sunday football too. There are a couple of our lads who have them. Played a bunch on 18 year olds this morning and they had them too.

I wear the base layers (top and shorts). Wouldn't want to wear a snood tho. Looks like it'd irritate the hell out of me. And I'd look like a pansy.

Last edited:
I wore underarmour for the first time today. I have played in minus conditions this year and it's the hands which hurt the most. With the arms closely behind. I don't wear gloves despite this (centre half cannae have that) and snood's are a waste of time.

As per Nath, that's a footballers opinion.

Last edited:
I'm led to believe that women's knickers, devoid of the gonad seam, make for a far comfier method of cosseting your nads too.

Totally agree. You even hear people talking up players for wearing short sleeves when it's freezing. In my book that's not being hard or clever, it's a basic lack of professionalism. Nobody these days argues with the importance of diet, physical and mental conditioning, etc, but something as simple as keeping warm to maximise your performance? Nah, must be a puff! :icon_roll

It's 110 degrees in the shade...but I don't need water. Water's for gays.

I'm with Rosso and Dessie...nothing wrong with looking after yourself in extreme weather, cold, heat or otherw*s*.

I'd carry a fecking hot water bottle if I could get away with it.

Last edited:
Totally agree. You even hear people talking up players for wearing short sleeves when it's freezing. In my book that's not being hard or clever, it's a basic lack of professionalism. Nobody these days argues with the importance of diet, physical and mental conditioning, etc, but something as simple as keeping warm to maximise your performance? Nah, must be a puff! :icon_roll

Or maybe players that still wear short sleeves don't feel the cold as much as their team-mates?

Like the ones who wear long sleeves when it's hot and sunny.
:102:

Snood is the name the media gave them based on an old piece of clothing. They are infact more commonly known as a gator. I wear one most of the time as i have a severely damaged neck. They help keep the heat in and are less awkward than a scarf.

Snood is the name the media gave them based on an old piece of clothing. They are infact more commonly known as a gator. I wear one most of the time as i have a severely damaged neck. They help keep the heat in and are less awkward than a scarf.

Well judging by the way that lot wear them they don't keep the heat in like a proper scarf would.

My two scarves did a good job today though!

Well judging by the way that lot wear them they don't keep the heat in like a proper scarf would.

My two scarves did a good job today though!

Mancini had two scarves on too I noticed. Wore the red and black one over his normal one!

I can see the merits of gloves and base layers, but snoods for footballers.
Get feckin real!

Oh, and gloves with short sleeved shirts, why?

I thought you wore those on your legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670