Go Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for information:

LCFC Ticket Office said:
Dear Joe,

Thank you for your email. Tickets will be available from the Community changing rooms North stand, at the away end for this fixture on the day.

Kind Regards

Lucy

Ticket Office

Yes, the Doncaster game.

Last edited:
haha, at least I didn't ask anyone if there were tickets available on the gate!

I'm not being rude but I really can't work the trains website and I need to work out my funding, so can any legend tell me how much it will cost me to get to Sheffield on Saturday and Palace in two weeks and I will be buying tickets on the day. Before I get called lazy I have tried but I don't understand the fares, I have a 16-25 railcard as well!

I'm not being rude but I really can't work the trains website and I need to work out my funding, so can any legend tell me how much it will cost me to get to Sheffield on Saturday and Palace in two weeks and I will be buying tickets on the day. Before I get called lazy I have tried but I don't understand the fares, I have a 16-25 railcard as well!

How about we teach you how to do it, then you won't have to ask again.

Which train website are you looking at?

I used to recommend nationalrail.co.uk to look up train fares, but when they redesigned it to make it look modern they also made it crap.

So I would recommend going to eastcoast.co.uk (other sites use the same system, but that's the one I use)

Put your from and to stations in the relevant boxes, and select return. Put sensible times in. Tick the railcards box and select your railcard. Click on search.

As you're planning to pay on the day you can ignore the single fares. Click on the cheapest return fare on the list of fares. It will show you the terms and conditions for this type of ticket. If it's suitable for you, you'll see a list of the trains that ticket can be used on.

That doesn't necessarily mean that's the cheapest ticket you could get though, there are tricks that can be used that the website won't tell you. For example splitting your journey up into smaller legs can work out cheaper.

Ref Mkt Harb > Sheffield

Off peak return is £15.85 - You can save a whole 10p by buying Off peak Return Mkt Harb > Derby (£10.15) and a off peak return Derby > Sheffield (£5.60) - You would only need to change in Leicester as per any other train you get.

Ref Mkt Habr > London

The best walk-up ticket is the Super Off Peak day travelcard. This is £25.10 and includes your travel across London (i.e tube etc)

If you are in any position at all to book in advance, you could go on the 3.12pm arrives 4.13pm (£6.60 adv single) and coming back on the only service you can get (if you dash for it!!) the 23.15pm arrives 00.49am (£6.60 adv single) - Total £13.20 + tube

West Brom...

I buy a ticket for Leicester to Hawthorns. I arrive in Brum New St....what's the best and permitted route from here? (I know this may involve walking).

Last edited:
West Brom...

I buy a ticket for Leicester to Hawthorns. I arrive in Brum New St....what's the best and permitted route from here? (I know this may involve walking).

Walk from New Street to Moor Street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00