Go on, admit it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Whistle at Hillsbrough.
Last match at Filbo against Spurs, walking round the pitch singing for about Half an hour was brilliant.
Have to say it was pretty emotional coming back to beat Spurs 3-2 last month aswell.

swindon play off final, when we got the equaliser i cried, they got the penalty i cried again, they scored the penalty i cried again, the final whistle went i cried again, ive never been the same since.

Last edited:
There have been a few :

The day Gary Lineker was sold to Everton, I was only young !

The Play off finals for all their differing reasons.

The Final whistle at Hillsborough, and the realisation that my club had won a major trophy and qualified for European Football.

The day Heskey was sold, I had a strange realisation that it was to be the beginning of the end of the MON era.

The day MON moved to Celtic.

The Man Utd game at home.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
There have been a few :

The Play off finals for all their differing reasons.

The Final whistle at Hillsborough, and the realisation that my club had won a major trophy and qualified for European Football.

The day Heskey was sold, I had a strange realisation that it was to be the beginning of the end of the MON era.

The day MON moved to Celtic.

The Man Utd game at home.

And the day my first boyfriend kissed me

Try and keep it Football related PFKA:icon_roll

the most emotional time ever for me was the last ever game at filbo when all the legends were on the pitch and all the fans linked arms and sang aud langs ein (spelling) as the lights were turned off one by one for the last time. that made me cry even though some of my mates were standing next to me. never had to swollow such a big lump (no comments)
then the sadness was wiped away as all you could hear was singing and the snapping of seats. i still have drop in my eye when i read the last page of the farewell to filbo book. what an amazing ground. went something like "it was ugly, lobbsided, but it was home" :)

never seen anything like it outside the ground, it was like society had broken down and everyone was nicking whatever they could get their hands on.

lako42 said:
the most emotional time ever for me was the last ever game at filbo when all the legends were on the pitch and all the fans linked arms and sang aud langs ein (spelling) as the lights were turned off one by one for the last time. that made me cry even though some of my mates were standing next to me. never had to swollow such a big lump (no comments)
then the sadness was wiped away as all you could hear was singing and the snapping of seats. i still have drop in my eye when i read the last page of the farewell to filbo book. what an amazing ground. went something like "it was ugly, lobbsided, but it was home" :)

never seen anything like it outside the ground, it was like society had broken down and everyone was nicking whatever they could get their hands on.

i agree with that mate, i'm with you there, remember it like it was yesterday, may actually read the book again today!
Ahh FILBO :022:

1980 at home against Charlton, we won 2-1 and got promoted. big pitch invasion with lots of singing .
Ian wilson and Mark wallington on the platform above the old tunnel.
Then a week later , the pitch invasion and the long wait after the match to see if wed won the league.
20 minutes later and the brum v mackem game result was confirmed a draw.
wed beaten Orient 1-0 ( larry may header)
for me that day was just pure brilliance. 10,000 city fans went fekkin bananas.

on the way home we had no winows left in the coach

PFKAKTF FOX said:
There have been a few :

I was at Luton to see his last league game in a Leicester shirt. We got stuffed 4-0. Never felt so gutted about a player leaving Leicester. On top off that, the Bradford fire capped a terrible day:icon_sad:

lako42 said:

tear in the eye, just reading that.

Was a great night.

And the Swindon game, was my first season following City, don't remember much from back them, but travelling home as a 4 year old having watched my favourite team lose in such an unfair way, crying my heart out is a memory which I can recall as if it were yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566