Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Who plays? where do you play? are you any good? what kit are you using?

I give you the golf thread!!......

I won the Crazy Golf contest on holiday this year. But seriously, I had three summer holidays of playing golf became a decent player but then fell away. Golf clubs no longer the right size.

My uncle spent a week on the Scottish borders playing last week. Loved it.

DurhamFox said:
Who plays? where do you play? are you any good? what kit are you using?

I give you the golf thread!!......

Me
Ballachulish House Golf Course
Best round of 85,always around that score
Dunlop Clubs

highland fox said:
Me
Ballachulish House Golf Course
Best round of 85,always around that score
Dunlop Clubs

I bet there is scenery surrounding that! Only nine holes though :icon_sad: So have you joined Highland? or are you paying the exorbitent £10 for 9??

DurhamFox said:
I bet there is scenery surrounding that! Only nine holes though :icon_sad: So have you joined Highland? or are you paying the exorbitent £10 for 9??

I've joined £180 for a year,unlimited Golf and "05 off for guests.It isn't a very long Course but the Greens are small and full of contours...absolute nightmare and it tends to be very windy because its lochside.I also play Fort william but not often..very testing.

highland fox said:
I've joined £180 for a year,unlimited Golf and "05 off for guests.It isn't a very long Course but the Greens are small and full of contours...absolute nightmare and it tends to be very windy because its lochside.I also play Fort william but not often..very testing.

Thats dirt cheap! Nice move. Take it your 85 is for 9 holes? ;) :icon_lol:

DurhamFox said:
Thats dirt cheap! Nice move. Take it your 85 is for 9 holes? ;) :icon_lol:

Was last Wednesday...8 on the first:icon_sad:

highland fox said:
Was last Wednesday...8 on the first:icon_sad:

Had an eight on sunday for the first time in years, horrible stuff.

This new driver really is the bollox though HF, been up to th range with it tonight, awesome stuff. I never really gave much credit to the theory that the kit can improve your game much. I was very wrong.

Used to play alot, was a member of Stowe and Buckingham, then small people came along 8 and a half years ago.... played twice in the last 18 months....don't really miss it to be fair.

I try to play most week days,

I'm a member down Kilworth Springs (which is a superb course to be fair)

And i'm currently ruining a nice set of Titleist 990's

i have a go bought all the gear then slung it in a hedge after 18 holes :icon_cry: enderby and blaby are my limit and they are too hard :icon_lol:

lazzer said:
i have a go bought all the gear then slung it in a hedge after 18 holes :icon_cry: enderby and blaby are my limit and they are too hard :icon_lol:

I played Enderby last week, it's been extended and is in superb condition.

ScarboroughFox said:
Why is this in General Chat!!

Other sports please

Duzza you should know better being a Mod!!!

it makes me sick when people like you abuse the system

It's got nothing to do with other sports. That's where 'other sports' are discussed but not in this context. This is general chat as we are discussing our own experiences.

Now go and collect some seaweed.

MKFox said:
Used to play alot, was a member of Stowe and Buckingham, then small people came along 8 and a half years ago.... played twice in the last 18 months....don't really miss it to be fair.

Don't give us that Mk,you were thrown out of the Club after that incident where you caught playing a naked foursome with those 3 old Ladies from the local Womens Institute.

highland fox said:
Don't give us that Mk,you were thrown out of the Club after that incident where you caught playing a naked foursome with those 3 old Ladies from the local Womens Institute.

:icon_lol:

DurhamFox said:
Had an eight on sunday for the first time in years, horrible stuff.

This new driver really is the bollox though HF, been up to th range with it tonight, awesome stuff. I never really gave much credit to the theory that the kit can improve your game much. I was very wrong.

Don't you find though Durham that the majority of the ones with all the top notch gear etc are also the ones who are fecking awful at the Game ? I see them down at my Course Callaway,Wilson,Ping clubs and Bag and they hit it about 40 yards constantly.

highland fox said:
Don't you find though Durham that the majority of the ones with all the top notch gear etc are also the ones who are fecking awful at the Game ? I see them down at my Course Callaway,Wilson,Ping clubs and Bag and they hit it about 40 yards constantly.

Yeah sometimes it's true. A mate who I play golf with only has 6 second hand clubs but he is better than most I see out on the course with £1000's worth of kit.

I must say though that one of these oversized titanium drivers, despite the cost are essential for the game improver. That new Mizuno has removed any slice/hook I had off the tee and added maybe 70-100 yards from my old steel driver. Really gives you confidence on the tee, which is half the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669