good & bad news

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've all got different opions, and I'm always ready to sit back and accept them, But this time you couldn't be more wrong.

The end of season clear out signalled a massive opportunity for this club to escape the misery of the past few years. MA was making all of the right noises and I, for one was happy to sit back and see him sign a few young players that would lead the way. This smacks of panic buying.

Let's start with:

We need one big man up front, we need to play hoof ball to get promoted again

This is wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong and wrong. This myth of big man little man has held us back for ever. It's complete and utter crap. The last thing we need right now is another big lump up front.

THERE IS ANOTHER WAY OF PLAYING FOOTBALL, FOR GOD'S SAKE

Don't tell me we need to do that for one season, just to get out of the 1st division, because that then becomes entrenched in the whole way we approach football. We can't then suddenly change if we go up, it won't work. That's why we go up and down like Michelle's knickers on Big Brother

Stamp it out now. Erase it from your thoughts. Just STOP IT.

I'm sick of seeing Walker lump the ball up the pitch. I'm sick of one option long ball football. I'm sick of seeing a big lump at the heart of our attack. It's bollox.

Ferdinand is different, because he is a great footballer. Dublin is just a big tw*t.

And now for :

You'd rather Tommy Wright, Lee Morris, James Scowcroft & Trevor Benjamin were our strikers than Dublin?

YES I would, because Morris, Benjamin and Wright are YOUNG and are open to different ways of playing. We can actually change things this time.

The line in the sand should be drawn here. It's not just about age, it's about the type of player we need. If we look again at shite long ball hoofing football if will eventually be the death of any hiopes of playing in the premier league again.

Tom W said:
Adams is in talks with Dublin.

when i read that i thought Micky was off to manage in the league of ireland!!! i'v been searching on the dublin city fc site for more info , like a twat! :oops: :oops: :oops:

& now that i understand the thread, where's the good news :?:

Malf said:
Steven said:
I don't like the sound of all of this. :( :( I hope I am wrong. :? :?

Would you sign Morris? I would.

Novo, Bridges, Partridge, Morris, Hughes and Harley

Out of that list I have a problem with two of them. Bridges and his injuries and Morris. We have to remember two things, firstly Morris was hardly pulling up trees at Leeds, secondly didn't PT try to sign him. :? :? :?

Macky said:
Tom W said:

when i read that i thought Micky was off to manage in the league of ireland!!! i'v been searching on the dublin city fc site for more info , like a twat! :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Macky said:
Tom W said:

Try and keep up. :wink: Classic. lol. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Poohmpey sign Thatch, does that mean that Matthew Taylor may be available ?

Go on Micky, swap deal.....

foxybru said:

No. :wink:

Thatcher would play left back, Taylor left wing......

homer said:
We've all got different opions, and I'm always ready to sit back and accept them, But this time you couldn't be more wrong.

The end of season clear out signalled a massive opportunity for this club to escape the misery of the past few years. MA was making all of the right noises and I, for one was happy to sit back and see him sign a few young players that would lead the way. This smacks of panic buying.

Let's start with:

We need one big man up front, we need to play hoof ball to get promoted again

This is wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong and wrong. This myth of big man little man has held us back for ever. It's complete and utter crap. The last thing we need right now is another big lump up front.

THERE IS ANOTHER WAY OF PLAYING FOOTBALL, FOR GOD'S SAKE

Don't tell me we need to do that for one season, just to get out of the 1st division, because that then becomes entrenched in the whole way we approach football. We can't then suddenly change if we go up, it won't work. That's why we go up and down like Michelle's knickers on Big Brother

Stamp it out now. Erase it from your thoughts. Just STOP IT.

I'm sick of seeing Walker lump the ball up the pitch. I'm sick of one option long ball football. I'm sick of seeing a big lump at the heart of our attack. It's bollox.

Ferdinand is different, because he is a great footballer. Dublin is just a big tw*t.

And now for :

You'd rather Tommy Wright, Lee Morris, James Scowcroft & Trevor Benjamin were our strikers than Dublin?

YES I would, because Morris, Benjamin and Wright are YOUNG and are open to different ways of playing. We can actually change things this time.

The line in the sand should be drawn here. It's not just about age, it's about the type of player we need. If we look again at shite long ball hoofing football if will eventually be the death of any hiopes of playing in the premier league again.

Spot own, agree with everything you've said. Re-build wankers, re-build. Can't you understand that sometimes things need changing? Or are you happy to do the same things everyday? Wake up, scratch your balls, fart, nearly follow through, what's for lunch? Pot Noodle, need a shag, can't so i'll have a wank, put on your only pair of jeans and collect your giro, go for a few beers down the wetherspoons, stagger home and cook beans on toast, go to bed.

Would you be happy with that forver and ever? We are the equivalent of that holy mess, it has got to stop, it's a habbit and they can be broken.

Malf said:
Wake up, scratch your balls, fart, nearly follow through, what's for lunch? Pot Noodle, need a shag, can't so i'll have a wank, put on your only pair of jeans and collect your giro, go for a few beers down the wetherspoons, stagger home and cook beans on toast, go to bed.

... if only I led such an interesting life Malf. :roll: :p :p :wink: However we need to start playing playing football. Moreover if this is all MA can do, sign big forwards and play the long ball, then we will be up and down like a whore's draws and perhaps we might need to think about alternatives. :wink:

We are all assuming that Micky is interested in Dublin as a striker, but maybe he is seeing him as a replacement for maybe dabizas?

As a versitile player who can play attack or defense he would be good as long as he is the only old player we bring in.

As others have said we need to rebuild around youth but to be fair if you look at our squad at the momment it isnt too bad(in age that is!).
Out of the 19 players on the books only 5 are over 30, Elliot, Walker, Dabizas,Coyne and Nalis.
Add to this out of the player we have linked to so far i think Dublin and Tiatto are the only players over 30, Morris,Nacho,Partridge,Hughes,Bridge area all thoretically at the peak of their careeres.

Maybe Dublin is for centre-half not upfront,either way..not for me.

Ian said:
We are all assuming that Micky is interested in Dublin as a striker, but maybe he is seeing him as a replacement for maybe dabizas?

As a versitile player who can play attack or defense he would be good as long as he is the only old player we bring in.

As others have said we need to rebuild around youth but to be fair if you look at our squad at the momment it isnt too bad(in age that is!).
Out of the 19 players on the books only 5 are over 30, Elliot, Walker, Dabizas,Coyne and Nalis.
Add to this out of the player we have linked to so far i think Dublin and Tiatto are the only players over 30, Morris,Nacho,Partridge,Hughes,Bridge area all thoretically at the peak of their careeres.

I know this might not mean alot, but unless the press have took on board what Adams has said about signing younger players, Dublin is the first old player we have been linked with, where as before we we're linked with anyone.

Adams confirms the talks now. :roll:

Steven said:
Adams confirms the talks now. :roll:

Not a bad thing. I am quite happy that we are after Dublin, the frustration of pre-season and not any other signings is dampening things. There is no doubt Dublin will strengthen our challenge for promotion next season.

good news bad news

Either super Les isnt going to make it or he wants Dion as a defender
Dont like either
Only good thing about him is he should be a fan!, having come from Leicester

Scowcroft said:
foxybru said:

I think you're half right Scowy. but that also makes you half wrong :wink:

Admittedly, Taylor's played at wing back - but rarely as left wing. He's better as an left back anyway in my opinion - but getting forward a la Ashley Cole / Wayne Bridge...

Also, he wasn't even getting into Portsmouth's first team last year so why should he suddenly do so when they're introducing a better left sided player in Thatcher ?

Anyway, thanks at least for responding... I thought it was a bloody great idea :!:

Jeez, it's a winning idea - what's up with you lot ?

Just cos the papers having speculated it doesn't mean it's not a good idea...

you boys are all driven by press / agent speculation - have some original thoughts (and I don't mean Ronaldo, Vieri, Henry, Greaves or Beckenbauer)

foxybru said:
Jeez, it's a winning idea - what's up with you lot ?

Just cos the papers having speculated it doesn't mean it's not a good idea...

you boys are all driven by press / agent speculation - have some original thoughts (and I don't mean Ronaldo, Vieri, Henry, Greaves or Beckenbauer)

Taylor was out injured... when he was fit he played. Not in a million years will he leave them.

Origional thoughts are easy problem is most of them are stupid like the one about Taylor.

foxybru said:
Scowcroft said:
foxybru said:

I think you're half right Scowy. but that also makes you half wrong :wink:

Admittedly, Taylor's played at wing back - but rarely as left wing. He's better as an left back anyway in my opinion - but getting forward a la Ashley Cole / Wayne Bridge...

Also, he wasn't even getting into Portsmouth's first team last year so why should he suddenly do so when they're introducing a better left sided player in Thatcher ?

Anyway, thanks at least for responding... I thought it was a bloody great idea :!:

Foxybru, Pompey played 4-4-2 for the majority of the season, and Taylor played left wing most of the time after Berger got injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566