Gordon Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that Gordon Brown has an A level in politics, so he probably knows more than him as well

i'm sure he doesn't, as he did history at edinburgh he'd need more than politics, sociology, media studies and general (what the ****?) studies to get in.....possibly did highers if they did em back then

You can't have done much in politics thus far. I've just completed my 2 year A level Politics course (easily the hardest course I have ever taken) and the political history shows over the last 20 years nearly all opposition parties have at some time said they would introduce electoral reform - fact is they won't, because when they are in power they want to keep it, and electoral reform won't do this. First past the post provides strong governments, and this is important - without which we would have lacked the power to take on the unions in the 70's and turn this country around from the brink bankruptcy.

Also ever heard of 'Education, Education, Education'? That was one of Blairs speeches over 10years ago. Yes Brown might be planning to increase funding, but various increases have been seen over the past 10 years. Tell your politics teacher not to get his hope up.

On Brown: I think the way Brown has got into power shows his ruthlessness and outright disregard for the country and the electorate. In reality you don't vote for a party leader, but that person leads the party, forms policy and operates the powers to take us into war or give away our sovereignty to Europe. Blair was quite a right wing prime minister considering he was leader of the Labour party. By contrast everyone is expecting Brown to be quite left wing. This could lead to a total change in policy and the direction in which the country is heading, and one which the votes of this country have had no say in.

on top of all this I feel Brown has really stabbed Blair in the back, fair enough he wants his chance as Labour leader, but most agree that Brown has been trying to boot him out of the door since his mid second term. Again not in the best interests of the country, nor was it morally correct.

Overall I will never vote for Gordan Brown because i think he is a grade A tosser.

You're telling me all this stuff like I don't know any of it. I am familiar with all of what you're saying.

I think a lot of people who voted labour in 1997 had no idea that Blair would be so right-wing. For example, I doubt people would have expected him close so many local hospitals in the interests of saving money, only to waste £30 billion on a nuclear missile upgrade!

One probelm with our electoral system is the way that some people don't understand it. When I talk to some people about Brown being the new Pm, they're like 'how come there hasn't been an election?' because they don't fully understand ho you're only voting for the party in the FPTP system.

Last edited:
You can't have done much in politics thus far. I've just completed my 2 year A level Politics course (easily the hardest course I have ever taken) and the political history shows over the last 20 years nearly all opposition parties have at some time said they would introduce electoral reform - fact is they won't, because when they are in power they want to keep it, and electoral reform won't do this. First past the post provides strong governments, and this is important - without which we would have lacked the power to take on the unions in the 70's and turn this country around from the brink bankruptcy.

Also ever heard of 'Education, Education, Education'? That was one of Blairs speeches over 10years ago. Yes Brown might be planning to increase funding, but various increases have been seen over the past 10 years. Tell your politics teacher not to get his hope up.

On Brown: I think the way Brown has got into power shows his ruthlessness and outright disregard for the country and the electorate. In reality you don't vote for a party leader, but that person leads the party, forms policy and operates the powers to take us into war or give away our sovereignty to Europe. Blair was quite a right wing prime minister considering he was leader of the Labour party. By contrast everyone is expecting Brown to be quite left wing. This could lead to a total change in policy and the direction in which the country is heading, and one which the votes of this country have had no say in.

on top of all this I feel Brown has really stabbed Blair in the back, fair enough he wants his chance as Labour leader, but most agree that Brown has been trying to boot him out of the door since his mid second term. Again not in the best interests of the country, nor was it morally correct.

Overall I will never vote for Gordan Brown because i think he is a grade A tosser.[/quote]
i allways thought competition was good, keep people on their toes etc (you will see this at most football grounds in the coming season).
everybody has a vote and can place it where they want, its just a shame that yours will be going to waste because labour will win the next election,their isnt a stable party to challenge them:icon_cool

Not Gordon Brown, as he doesn't live in his constituency.

Not Gordon Brown, as he doesn't live in his constituency.

I live in a really shit constituency. It's called East Cambridgeshire and it's a Conservative safe-seat. The MP is Jim Paice, who's just a boring old fashioned back bencher. I support Respect, but there are only ever 3 candidates from the main parties that stand for election, so there's nothing to vote for.

I'm afraid that the only person ever to get into the Houses of Parliament with the right idea was Guy Fawkes.

Couldn't give a feck who is PM,they all piss in the same pot nowadays as far as I'm concerned:102:

Who will you vote in the next election then Biff?
ive allready said in this thread that i will vote labour.

when i was 19 thatcher closed the pits down and put me on the dole.in a way it did me a favour because i went to america to work the summers in new york and ended up getting married there and staying for 13 years. i vowed never to come back and live in england because the country was treading water and going nowhere.since labour took over back in the 90s things started to improve and as i speak the standard of living in this country is better than anywhere in europe and ive spoke to mates in the states and things aren't great there either.labour have made mistakes but all parties do, but most people in this country enjoy the wealth that the labour party has brought.

if your prepared to work you can work in this country,in a lot of countrys you cant, france and germany to name two.

if people look back at what they were doing in the 80s and early 90s under the tories and look at what they are doing now, they will see that this country has moved onwards and upwards and is the number 1 economy in europe.also dont forget the wars in northern ireland, its over and thats down to blair and labour.

ive allready said in this thread that i will vote labour.

when i was 19 thatcher closed the pits down and put me on the dole.in a way it did me a favour because i went to america to work the summers in new york and ended up getting married there and staying for 13 years. i vowed never to come back and live in england because the country was treading water and going nowhere.since labour took over back in the 90s things started to improve and as i speak the standard of living in this country is better than anywhere in europe and ive spoke to mates in the states and things aren't great there either.labour have made mistakes but all parties do, but most people in this country enjoy the wealth that the labour party has brought.

if your prepared to work you can work in this country,in a lot of countrys you cant, france and germany to name two.

if people look back at what they were doing in the 80s and early 90s under the tories and look at what they are doing now, they will see that this country has moved onwards and upwards and is the number 1 economy in europe.also dont forget the wars in northern ireland, its over and thats down to blair and labour.

As is the war in Iraq........

Complete & utter tummy rubbish.
All Bliar did was "...feel the hand of history on his shoulder..."

But if you haven't got an A level, then I'm afraid you know nothing.......

Where did I say that?

So that by default means you know more than the average person with a interest in politics :confused:

Yes it does, because I've just spent 2 almost everyday for 2 years learning about it:icon_roll

Yes it does, because I've just spent 2 almost everyday for 2 years learning about it:icon_roll

You may have spent two years doing that but you obviously have an awful lot more to learn yet.

You may have spent two years doing that but you obviously have an awful lot more to learn yet.

What kind of person gets to 18 and says they have finished learning? Obviously I do have more to learn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670