Gradel hands in transfer request

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's fitful, and a bit moody. And not consistent enough. An exciting player when he was on his game, and I'd much rather be dumping the likes of Dickov, but if this sale enables us signing a quality right back, then I'm all for it.

We've just sold a player that hasn't kicked a ball for us all season for probably 250K.

It really is fantastic the amount of psychics that we have posting on this forum.

Ah, Mr Macky, I'm looking at the tea leaves now..........I forsee you getting totally f*ck*ng stoned at some point this weekend. That'll be £20 on the tray on your way out please.

250k is nothing though, will be enough to cover solano's signing on fee and 10 weeks wages at most.

Please read my previous post on the matter.

I have followed this advice. Having read the post you mention, it really is one of the more bizarre things you've ever posted. Well done, I'm impressed.

So, your advice would be to only loan players out to really shit teams who are not going to have a successful season in any way?

Also, had it crossed your mind that there may be other factors behind his transfer request?

I have followed this advice. Having read the post you mention, it really is one of the more bizarre things you've ever posted. Well done, I'm impressed.

So, your advice would be to only loan players out to really shit teams who are not going to have a successful season in any way?

Im glad you grasped it Macky.

In this instance, when It is a player we supposedly want to be involved in first team football, I think it was a mistake to send him to a team where he had a very high chance of developing a strong bond with the club, the fact that Leeds were flying at the time would only add to this risk.

I would rather he go to a team where he was going to play a more important role in the team but not become so emotionally attached.

In this instance I think I am correct, as he has come back and more or less forced the transfer through.

It's very similar to Sir Alex not wanting to send the same player to the same club twice.

Bottom line is, we sent him to a club where he gained little match experience, it was a useless venture regardless of whether he stayed or not. Unfortunately the feel good factor around Leeds (although obviously not the only reason) has meant Max would rather stay there.

Last edited:
Nobby will be on a small wage. Similar to Max's I dare say.

As someone has already said, will be 10k plus, but to be honest, i'd imagine more like 15-20k. 'Old' players to come out of retirement to get paid peanuts which is what Maxi would have been on.

Aren't Howard and Oakley rumoured to be on circa 10k per week? If I was Solano, I'd be expecting at least double of what those 2 average in comparison players get.

Last edited:
piss! i got gradel on the back of my shirt at the start of the season thinking he'd be involved. i've always liked max, gives us something different even if he is inconsistent i think he'd be a great asset coming off our bench but if he doesnt want to be here, bye bye

Maxi could end up like the previous transfer that went the same way 18 months on hawking his wares around League One cos he can't even get on the Leeds bench!!
However I think Maxi is a better player than Sheehan

Last edited:
Im glad you grasped it Macky.

In this instance, when It is a player we supposedly want to be involved in first team football, I think it was a mistake to send him to a team where he had a very high chance of developing a strong bond with the club, the fact that Leeds were flying at the time would only add to this risk.

I would rather he go to a team where he was going to play a more important role in the team but not become so emotionally attached.

In this instance I think I am correct, as he has come back and more or less forced the transfer through.

It's very similar to Sir Alex not wanting to send the same player to the same club twice.

Bottom line is, we sent him to a club where he gained little match experience, it was a useless venture regardless of whether he stayed or not. Unfortunately the feel good factor around Leeds (although obviously not the only reason) has meant Max would rather stay there.

But all of that's just based on you make guesses and assumptions.
I want facts god damn it! Unless you're sharing a pillow with Max, stop bothering me with your rambling guesswork.

If you are sharing a pillow, can we have some more gossip please? Has Grayson told him any amusing anecdotes from back in the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669